• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam and Judaism are refuted.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So then let's say a person gives birth to someone who is a descendant of David. First of all, there could be -- how many now that are alive? I can't imagine...And again -- who would actually know if they are in that line? Meaning I am sure there are more than just those that the Sanhedrin would know about.
Further, as far proving it, again -- who exactly do you say they would they be registered with again, and would the Messiah definitely need to come from those only that are on the list with the Sanhedrin?

First of all, the Sanhedrin doesn't know every case; in fact they probably only know a handful. The only time they come into play is if there is the need to prove lineage. For example, if someone wants to marry in Israel as a Jew, they must prove that they are a Jew, which mans going through the Rabbinate.

I don't know how many are alive today, but I imagine there is a good proportion of the Jewish people. Most, however, do not have the documentation, and a good many don't even know it. If someone were claiming to be the Messiah, the Sanhedrin would have to rule whether he were or not, and part of that would be examining his credentials.

Again the keeping of the records is the responsibility of the FAMILY. Always has been.

I have answered all your questions, and you simply keep asking the same questions again. I've had enough.

Last edited:

rosends

how much of this is reliable or confirmed?
Confirmed by whom? There are family trees but go back more than a few generations and no one is alive to confirm anything.
And how many descendants from King David would be alive now?
I assume, a bunch.
But the bigger question is: are those families that are now living looking for the possible messiah in their offspring?
No. We don't search for a possible messiah. We live our lives.