• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISIS Bride Wants To Return To Return To The U.S.

Should Hoda Muthana be allowed to reenter the U.S.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We Never Know

No Slack
I voted no. She made her choice, let Allah talk care of her. Letting her come back will cost millions with time in federal court being prosecuted, a federal trial, having a court appointed attorney, holding in jail waiting/while going to trial, serving a sentence in a federal prison(if sentenced), government will have pay to raise her child with free medical, free dental, foster homes, monthly money, the list goes on.

sooda

Veteran Member
It seems that Hoda Muthana wants to come back to the U.S. after she left 5 years ago to go to Syria to join ISIS. Where she advocated for attacks against the U.S. Lost 3 husbands and gave birth to a child of an ISIS fighter.
Alabama woman who joined ISIS is begging to come home - CNN

As it stands now she will not be allowed back in the U.S.
Hence the "poll" and/or your comments on her request.

How can they do that? I don't know the law on stripping someone of their US citizenship. Where does Pompeo get the authority to do that?

sooda

Veteran Member
But the current situation is this....
- She's a foreigner wanting to immigrate.
- You must decide if she will be a benefit
or a detriment to the country.

The renounce your US citizenship you have to be 21 and appear before a judge.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
She is a citizen of the USA, and she not only has the right to return, but be extradited to stand trial for treason, joining a terrorist organization, advocating and recruiting for terrorism.

If if by joining another nations military under certain circumstances can cause one to lose their U.S. citizenship I would hope that joining a paramilitary group that is designated as an international terrorist organization would automatically negate citizenship.
Let her live with her choices and let them deal with her, cheaper and easier in the long run and if she dies in their hands it will be by "Allah's will".

Remté

Aye, as a dangerous foreigner who has advocated
terrorism here, she should not be allowed in the country.
You think she's going to harm you? I'm pretty sure they have much more effective ways. She's just someone who lost her way. I think she should be let back.

Remté

If if by joining another nations military under certain circumstances can cause one to lose their U.S. citizenship I would hope that joining a paramilitary group that is designated as an international terrorist organization would automatically negate citizenship.
Let her live with her choices and let them deal with her, cheaper and easier in the long run and if she dies in their hands it will be by "Allah's will".
You're against abortion too aren't you? And adult education and lung cancer treatment if the patient is a long term smoker. As well as against the right to return your products to the store, right? Perhaps library books shouldn't be allowed to be returned until one has read it from cover to cover.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You think she's going to harm you?
No.
I'm thinking of others, not myself.
I'm pretty sure they have much more effective ways. She's just someone who lost her way. I think she should be let back.
She lost her way in a very particular way.
While it's possible that she's sincere, has become a good person,
& will stay that way, what she did makes her an unacceptable risk.

Remté

No.
I'm thinking of others, not myself.

She lost her way in a very particular way.
While it's possible that she's sincere, has become a good person,
& will stay that way, what she did makes her an unacceptable risk.
How an "unacceptable" risk? How is she even a risk?

Remté

She was a terrorist once.
Has she really changed?
Even if she no longer is, she could revert.
There's nothing useful in readmitting her.
You don't have any idea how many terrorists there are in USA right now? Like active terrorists.. And there will be more and more whether she's there or not. Your priorities are messed up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You don't have any idea how many terrorists there are in USA right now? Like active terrorists.. And there will be more and more whether she's there or not. Your priorities are messed up.
Certainly, I cannot count the number of terrorists already hear.
But I prefer that the number not increase by one.
I think that's a reasonable priority.
Why do you so badly want her living here?

Remté

Certainly, I cannot count the number of terrorists already hear.
But I prefer that the number not increase by one.
I think that's a reasonable priority.
Why do you so badly want her living here?
I think it would be more useful to concentrate on other issues instead of wasting your time on this.

I think it's the right thing to do.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
As well as against the right to return your products to the store, right? Perhaps library books shouldn't be allowed to be returned until one has read it from cover to cover.

I edited out the parts I couldn't make useful and relevant to the discussion, I will try but one can only polish a turd so much.

As far as the store returns, I'd say making a conscious decision to join an international terrorist organization and finding out it wasn't the greatest idea after all isn't exactly like buying a loaf of bread and returning it because it has mold on it.

As far as the weird and completely unworkable book reference (there is no way to prove they did) I would say that there was/is plenty of information out there on ISIS that would lead one to think it's probably not a great career choice, the basket of severed heads should have been a red flag of at least a very poor workplace safety program, she said it didn't bother her.

Doesn't matter now anyway as the U.S. is not letting her come back, her fate rests in the hands of Allah.

"U.S. officials said she isn’t a citizen and won’t be allowed to return."
source:

‘ISIS bride’ Hoda Muthana citizenship: What’s next for Alabama woman who wants to return from Syria | AL.com

esmith

Veteran Member
She is a citizen of the USA, and she not only has the right to return, but be extradited to stand trial for treason, joining a terrorist organization, advocating and recruiting for terrorism.
Nah, just tried in absentia, find guilty of treason and her citizenship is revoked.