• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISIS Bride Wants To Return To Return To The U.S.

Should Hoda Muthana be allowed to reenter the U.S.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You know there are court systems which exist outside the USA right? If I commit a crime in Russia I do not suddenly get a right to a trial in the US.

Actually, if an American citizen commits the crime of treason in any place in the world, they are subject to USA law and punishable in US courts. If you commit the crime of treason against the USA while in Russia you are subject to extradition and conviction in USA courts. It happens to the spies against the USA all the time. The problems are with extradition when the hostile countries refuse.

Shad

Veteran Member
Actually, if an American citizen commits the crime of treason in any place in the world, they are subject to USA law and punishable in US courts. If you commit the crime of treason against the USA while in Russia you are subject to extradition and conviction in USA courts. It happens to the spies against the USA all the time. The problems are with extradition when the hostile countries refuse.

She committed crimes in other nations. You tailored your response to a specific when I was making a general point. More so you have conceded that the host nation has precedent which was my point...

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
She committed crimes in other nations. You tailored your response to a specific when I was making a general point. More so you have conceded that the host nation has precedent which was my point...

The crimes of treason were against the USA, therefore subject to extradition and conviction in the USA regardless of where the crime is committed.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The old saying applies.

You made your bed , now you lie in it.

There's no reason to think of the very real possibility of her being a sleeper being sent back to await orders to engage in destructive and harmful activities when the opportunity arises.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The old saying applies.

You made your bed , now you lie in it.

There's no reason to think of the very real possibility of her being a sleeper being sent back to await orders to engage in destructive and harmful activities when the opportunity arises.

She will most likely be in prison for treason. Let here be a 'sleeper' there.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

The host nation would ISIS, or ah . . . was ISIS. .

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Gotcha. My hesitation would be what if she is dangerous? Are you willing to bet the lives of other people that you are right and that she isn't a threat?

Well first, she would in prison for treason, and second once you are known and marked by authorities you would be under the magnifying glass your whole life even after you get out of prison.

There are far too many other more dangerous suspicious characters we have to deal with.

Shad

Veteran Member
The crimes of treason were against the USA, therefore subject to extradition and conviction in the USA regardless of where the crime is committed.

US law does not trump Syrian law. You are still ignoring my points. Try again.

Remté

Gotcha. My hesitation would be what if she is dangerous? Are you willing to bet the lives of other people that you are right and that she isn't a threat?
I think that is irrelevant since we could speculate the same way of just about anyone.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I think that is irrelevant since we could speculate the same way of just about anyone.
It most certainly is relevant. It is not everyday a woman defects to a terrorist organization and then tries to return. This is a unique situation and they require unique solutions, do you agree?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems that Hoda Muthana wants to come back to the U.S. after she left 5 years ago to go to Syria to join ISIS. Where she advocated for attacks against the U.S. Lost 3 husbands and gave birth to a child of an ISIS fighter.
Alabama woman who joined ISIS is begging to come home - CNN

As it stands now she will not be allowed back in the U.S.
Hence the "poll" and/or your comments on her request.
We aren't able to tell whether she still believes the USA should be destroyed. She ought to seek asylum with some other countries. I don't think someone who renounces their citizenship here should get first consideration, and I don't think we are dooming her to stay with Isis. She just has to go somewhere else.

Shad

Veteran Member
We aren't able to tell whether she still believes the USA should be destroyed. She ought to seek asylum with some other countries. I don't think someone who renounces their citizenship here should get first consideration, and I don't think we are dooming her to stay with Isis. She just has to go somewhere else.

She is a refugee camp surrounded by people she and people like her helped turn into refugees. Think about that for a second.