• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISIS Bride Wants To Return To Return To The U.S.

Should Hoda Muthana be allowed to reenter the U.S.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
She is a refugee camp surrounded by people she and people like her helped turn into refugees. Think about that for a second.
They must practice Spanish and seek Asylum in South America. Its a great place with lots of opportunities for their children. Now we in turn should consider accepting members seeking asylum who are past citizens of South America, Australia etc. We shouldn't receive previous members of the USA.

Shad

Veteran Member
This is why she should be extradited and persecuted for treason.

Ergo Syria must sign off on that which again establishes Syria has jurisdiction which again is a point I made days ago. Which merely echos my previous point of "The US can have her after Syria is done with her"

Remté

She was an active proponent of the ISIS cause, which is legally treason against the USA.
Interesting. I don't see it as treason. Only terrorism. And in fact if they have no actual acts of terrorism to accuse her of. Then they have no legal case.

esmith

Veteran Member
We aren't able to tell whether she still believes the USA should be destroyed. She ought to seek asylum with some other countries. I don't think someone who renounces their citizenship here should get first consideration, and I don't think we are dooming her to stay with Isis. She just has to go somewhere else.
No one wants anyone that has been or is associated with ISIS.

Shad

Veteran Member
Interesting. I don't see it as treason. Only terrorism. And in fact if they have no actual acts of terrorism to accuse her of. Then they have no legal case.

It is treason according to US law. That is if her citizenship claim stands.

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
No one wants anyone that has been or is associated with ISIS.
Many have past citizens who were fooled by Isis. We could do exchanges. You take one of ours, and we take on one of yours. It would provide forgiveness while requiring re-education. I think it could result in some star players and good citizens, much better than leaving a bunch of people in a refugee camp.

Cooky

Veteran Member
It seems that Hoda Muthana wants to come back to the U.S. after she left 5 years ago to go to Syria to join ISIS. Where she advocated for attacks against the U.S. Lost 3 husbands and gave birth to a child of an ISIS fighter.
Alabama woman who joined ISIS is begging to come home - CNN

As it stands now she will not be allowed back in the U.S.
Hence the "poll" and/or your comments on her request.

Drop her back off in ISIS country by airplane... without a parachute.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well first, she would in prison for treason, and second once you are known and marked by authorities you would be under the magnifying glass your whole life even after you get out of prison.

There are far too many other more dangerous suspicious characters we have to deal with.
Who is to say with certainty she'd be convicted?

esmith

Veteran Member
Many have past citizens who were fooled by Isis. We could do exchanges. You take one of ours, and we take on one of yours. It would provide forgiveness while requiring re-education. I think it could result in some star players and good citizens, much better than leaving a bunch of people in a refugee camp.
Sorry, you may be compassionate but I see no possible road to forgiveness of these people.
Why would any country want to take in a person from another country that was rejected by their own country.

ajay0

A lot of people had joined ISIS from western countries, only to be disillusioned by the blunt reality they found over there.

Their verbal and written accounts will be of great value in dissauding other gullibles from following the same unfortunate path.

Shad

Veteran Member
Forgiveness requires more than merely sayi
A lot of people had joined ISIS from western countries, only to be disillusioned by the blunt reality they found over there.

Their verbal and written accounts will be of great value in dissauding other gullibles from following the same unfortunate path.

We already have such accounts without the need to provide a Western safety net. After all her own statement were made from a refugee camp.

sooda

Veteran Member
Sorry, you may be compassionate but I see no possible road to forgiveness of these people.
Why would any country want to take in a person from another country that was rejected by their own country.

No US citizenship can renounce their US citizenship before age 21. I doubt Trump knows the law.