• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to experience Bliss

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Interesting thoughts on Bliss, Truth, Love
"God" seems to be differently defined from usual.

My mother uses white lies, so I have no faith in her, no confidence and can't love (as in trust) her. Same with a murderer. No trust, faith, confidence. Yes I have the confidence he might kill me (even wise to not trust and wise to "love at big distance" in such cases IMO)

So to experience "God" (defined as Bliss here) it seems wise to stay away from those "killing" your confidence. This does make sense to me and is also my experience.

If I get to this "Bliss" state seems a good goal. More practical then "trying to find God" esp. since the definition of God is kind of diverse. "Bliss" is easier to imagine. Take orgasm and multiply it by 100. When I try to imagine "God" (Christian) I always go blank (no thought).

What are others' goals in life, being on RF. What precious "thing" you try to find or achieve in life? This "Bliss" is my goal for now.

Each and every one of you must have faith in God and self-confidence. If there is no faith you can achieve nothing. Where there is confidence there is Love. Where there is Love, there is Peace. Where there is Peace, there is Truth. Where there is Truth, there is Bliss. Where there is Bliss, there is God. In fact, without faith you can have no faith even in your mother. There should be confidence. Once you have confidence that a person is your mother, you love her. Confidence leads to love. Love takes you to peace. Peace produces truth and as soon as truth manifests, you achieve bliss. This Bliss is the very God-head itself. So, confidence is a necessary characteristic. It is this loss of confidence that is the cause of lack of spirituality in the world.

Your mother has a reason to lie. She also, hopefully, has your best interest. Many mothers willing to sacrifice themselves for their kids. Your mother would likely give her life for you and you judge her for not telling the truth when the truth would be hurtful?

My mother didn't care enough to be concerned about my feelings. She told me the truth, she didn't like me. I'll trade you. Of course my mother is really old now. You might not get much use out of her before she kick the bucket. Just want to be honest trade, ok?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
It has been said in different forms by different people but ultimately it can be traced back to the Beatitudes. "Blessed are the poor in spirit"
How I read this:
"Blessed are the (worldly) poor, in spirit (rich)"

Jedster

Thank you for the reminder

Thank you for ignoring Kabir's advice this time, using "hear say", otherwise I would not have known.

Some confuse temporary "euphory of winning or trampling" with Bliss maybe. Otherwise I can't understand why they do it.

Sometimes quotes are very inspiring. Hence I started this OP and you used Kabir's "inspiring advice".

Maybe if we stop doing this totally, we will be inspired and become like Kabir. Sounds like a plan. I will stop quoting on RF from now on. Thank you (Kabir).

I am not saying never use quotes rather that people could have more faith in them selves and their own experiences. Kabir is the best example I could think of, who people have heard of.

Also, as often is the case, one person's authority means nothing to the person they are addressing.

Also, when I wrote the first comment, I wasn't particularly thinking of this thread. It was more general response to @Vinayaka 's comment.

stvdv

Thank you for your reply

Your mother has a reason to lie. She also, hopefully, has your best interest. Many mothers willing to sacrifice themselves for their kids. Your mother would likely give her life for you and you judge her for not telling the truth when the truth would be hurtful?
Family situations are always emotionally charged. I needed to learn my life lessons and she her's.
I told her, that I understands why she lies (father is narcissist). We ended up being victims of his gaslighting tricks etc. Seems to improve slowly now.

My mother didn't care enough to be concerned about my feelings. She told me the truth, she didn't like me. I'll trade you. Of course my mother is really old now. You might not get much use out of her before she kick the bucket. Just want to be honest trade, ok?
Sorry to hear that. Mother not liking you is a major emotional challenge in life. My mother was definitely better.

My father did the damage. His emotional belittling gaslighting took "my drive in life" away. Luckily I understand why he did it.
My Master told me that problems in my youth were a good help to detach from the world. Very true. Not many desired left.

I do consider myself lucky seeing N.Korea or other horrible places. I only have some emotional/physical challenges. At least Holland is quite good to live.

atanu

Premium Member
Connected to bliss.

Thank you. Your caution is well taken. But I assure you that it is unnecessary.

Bliss in the realm of form (rupa jhana) is a dualistic scenario, seeking bliss in some form. Essentially it is not different from seeking bliss in substance or in another person.

But sachidanda is non dual.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
What are others' goals in life, being on RF. What precious "thing" you try to find or achieve in life? This "Bliss" is my goal for now.
For me it is a state of mind. Remaining peaceful, calm and alert to my surroundings, trying to see all sides of a story, being kind to those I encounter in RL who are good people which is a majority, and loving my family and nature is my idea of meaningful and successful life goals and bliss. There really is nothing more fulfilling that I have come across.

stvdv

Bliss is ok but it is temporary and tends to separate one from reality.
Sat Chit Ananda = Being Awareness Bliss

Your definition of Bliss is different from what I learned in India.

Bliss as in Sat Chit Ananda is rather the complete opposite (can't be further away) from what you describe. Totally different reality. Not easy (near impossible maybe even) to "experience" though (words fail to describe correctly here)

stvdv

For me it is a state of mind. Remaining peaceful, calm and alert to my surroundings, trying to see all sides of a story, being kind to those I encounter in RL who are good people which is a majority, and loving my family and nature is my idea of meaningful and successful life goals and bliss. There really is nothing more fulfilling that I have come across.
Thank you for sharing.Very practical.

Seems you are really "wandering peacefully". Having good people around in RL is a good start to wander peaceful IMO

Keep on going:)

Leo Prabu

My mother uses white lies, so I have no faith in her, no confidence and can't love (as in trust) her. Same with a murderer. No trust, faith, confidence. Yes I have the confidence he might kill me (even wise to not trust and wise to "love at big distance" in such cases IMO)

So to experience "God" (defined as Bliss here) it seems wise to stay away from those "killing" your confidence. This does make sense to me and is also my experience.

If I get to this "Bliss" state seems a good goal. More practical then "trying to find God" esp. since the definition of God is kind of diverse. "Bliss" is easier to imagine. Take orgasm and multiply it by 100. When I try to imagine "God" (Christian) I always go blank (no thought).

Each and every one of you must have faith in God and self-confidence. If there is no faith you can achieve nothing. Where there is confidence there is Love. Where there is Love, there is Peace. Where there is Peace, there is Truth. Where there is Truth, there is Bliss. Where there is Bliss, there is God. In fact, without faith you can have no faith even in your mother. There should be confidence. Once you have confidence that a person is your mother, you love her. Confidence leads to love. Love takes you to peace. Peace produces truth and as soon as truth manifests, you achieve bliss. This Bliss is the very God-head itself. So, confidence is a necessary characteristic. It is this loss of confidence that is the cause of lack of spirituality in the world.
Mr. STVDV, who gave you the fricking rights to say that faith in god is confidence. You Hypocrite just be wise in what you preach. God never asked you to preach about good things or even about himself. If you say that yes God came into your life then listen to me if your want... god is asking you to first wipe off your fricking *** not others...

Leo Prabu

Seems you are really "wandering peacefully". Having good people around in RL is a good start to wander peaceful IMO

Man you talk too much as if yo are the next Jesus christ. Yo are nothing but just a show off. You think that your peace spreading words cannchange the lives... seriously... I god wants to touchnsome one it does no matter how worse the situation is... look at his creation everywhere its inequality amd injusticeness... coliur, money, fame, lies, false promise, you and I dont know what game he had put on us. There is no heaven or hell just finish it and leave the ground. You could say that oh yeah if I live good then I will enter heaven but therenis no guarantee...

Last edited:

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?

Yes, life is wander filled and magical just as it is. No need to make up stories about things we just cannot know about. I just try to focus on the moment and what is. When those seemingly magical events happen, I just accept them and am happy to experience them. When difficult events happen, I move to the next step after proper thought.

Life always changes and being able to change with it is more than enough to be successful for me. I personally feel there is nothing more real than real life and I live to experience it every day.

This is what wandering peacefully is about for me. I am very grateful for being here and being able to experience this life while trying to do what is helpful and fair no matter the cost while being able to accept loss or victory after giving it my all.

Sitting in peaceful acceptance is my goal.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
No need to make up stories about things we just cannot know about. I just try to focus on the moment and what is. When those seemingly magical events happen, I just accept them and am happy to experience them. When difficult events happen, I move to the next step after proper thought.

Ma ghak lhun drub emaho.

“The spontaneous appearances, how wonderful “

stvdv

When those seemingly magical events happen, I just accept them and am happy to experience them
:)

When difficult events happen, I move to the next step after proper thought.
I just accept them and am happy to experience them
(But not as easy as the above for me)

I personally feel there is nothing more real than real life and I live to experience it every day.
For sure I agree to "real life" is "real"
People perceive different "real" though

Sitting in peaceful acceptance is my goal.
:)
That is my sadhana

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Subjectivity in moralism, notice that?
Note how the arguments concerning moralism differ by the presenter, i mean the oppositional claims.

Its bizarre. So, they will say, if youre not a christian, you can say anything regarding scripture, etc, however if youre a christian, you have to follow these 'rules' concerning your own religion.

Its a big scam

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Different deity, so it's arbitrary.

stvdv

Subjectivity in moralism, notice that?
Note how the arguments concerning moralism differ by the presenter, i mean the oppositional claims.

Its bizarre. So, they will say, if youre not a christian, you can say anything regarding scripture, etc, however if youre a christian, you have to follow these 'rules' concerning your own religion.

Its a big scam
You mean Christianity is a big scam?

I would not say that

Different game different rules maybe

Not for me to be concerned of

I leave the judging part to God