• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Wifely Duties?"

Does a husband have a right to sex, regardless of his wife's wishes?

• Yes

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 71.8%
  • Sometimes/ Maybe (please specify in thread)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Other (please specify in thread)

Votes: 10 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
This is absolutely the case. Communication is the key to a healthy relationship and sex life. The quality of your sex life is a symptom of the state of your relationship not a cause.

Yes..

Just like with infedelity.."Usually" the infedelity isnt the problem.What led up to it is.Then of course though..the focus on the entire relationship is the infedelity.

Love

Dallas

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
By the way, like I said, I'm an intensely sexual person. I'm always in the mood. ALWAYS!

That's not true of my partner. There are times that I feel like sex is the only thing keeping me from the point of insanity.

So, if my partner's not in the mood, then I either masturbate or channel the energy elsewhere.

Problems still arise. But we communicate and move on. Our relationship works because of this.
And more power to you for it! :D

Perhaps the taboo is not sex but healthy masturbation?

In any case sexual relations fail when communication between partners fails. That lack of honest communication can lead to infidelity, which leads to more break down of communication.
Not that lack of sex or communication can prevent all infidelity btw... some people just refuse to control themselves.

wa:do

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Not at all, and it is naive to think that this is the case.

Interesting argument you've put forth. Let me ponder on the numerous salient points you've expressed in this post. Should be quite time consuming to really ruminate over the vast complexities of your case and be able to fully comprehend it in all it's intellectual splendor.

+Xausted

Interesting argument you've put forth. Let me ponder on the numerous salient points you've expressed in this post. Should be quite time consuming to really ruminate over the vast complexities of your case and be able to fully comprehend it in all it's intellectual splendor.
Sorry, I accidently clicked submit before I had finished. However your tone is rude and shows your own ignorance

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
This thread has been very eye-opening for me. I know that there are those here who are closed-minded and unwilling to understand situations other than their own, but I would never have guessed it of some of the people on this thread. It's too bad, really. I guess there's only so much I can do to try to open some eyes, and it's now obvious that that line has been crossed. I tried my best, at least.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
And around and around we go back to what has many times resulted in scapegoating women for the problems of men.

I don't know if that's what you implied, Nessa, but if a man cheats, that's on his shoulders and should take full responsibility. It's not the job of a woman to perform wifely duties in order to keep her husband faithful. That perspective demeans both women AND men.

I do understand what GC said earlier. Open communication is a MUST. If any expectation is to be put out on the table, it ought to be that, not how often the partner who is hornier can engage in sex until orgasm.

You know what? Most men dont cheat for the sex.In fact sometimes the sex isnt even as "good" as with the wife.

They cheat because they arent "satisfied" in other ego boosting areas that the wife isnt giving him.

Serioulsy.."smile and giggle" in front of a man that has been married for say 10 years.Laugh hysterically at his jokes.Tell him he is cute..and smart..He wil say"I wish my wife felt that way"..Or I wish my "wife thought that"..

Love

Dallas

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

That was a little much. Your point was valid and probably true in a lot of cases, but not in all cases, as it was intended to encompass. And frankly, it is a little naive to think that it's always true.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
No problem. Have an ironic, erm, I mean a nice day.

Why do you have to be so hateful?

Its wonderful you have a perfect relationship.With a high libido wife(spouse) that if you dont "really want to" you know you can "want to and "things" can change" for you and in the end you in fact not only want to you get something out of it.

You are the ironic one..You don't want sex but you know that can change "quickly".So you dont want it for a minute or two.Thats really a sad sacrifice you make for your wife.

Love

Dallas

pray4me

I've met people that have been ..at some points in their life..But it doesnt last very long. :no:

I've also met people that were "content" to accept "unsatisfactory" areas in life.If that makes sense.
Makes sense to me. If no one is going to be 100% satisfied with 100% of their life 100% of the time then it makes sense to be content to accept unsatisfactory areas of your life knowing that you can't and wont be satisfied with everything all the time.
I could make you a list of everything Im unsatisfied with.Or even have been in the past..and hell ..why not throw in projected problems and worries to dwell on.It would be a very very very long list.

But what are we living for if all we focus on is what we want that we cant have?Be it from our relationships..to health..to material things..to hopes for our children...etc..

Its o.k to "want"..or be dissapointed.But we just dont want to get stuck there.

Love

Dallas

That's just my honest opinion.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
The question is what is too unsatisfactory. If your husband never spoke another word to you and went around sleeping with other women, you would most likely be unsatisfied to the point of wanting to end the relationship (assuming all other options were exhausted). Is that not correct?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Why do you have to be so hateful?

I'm really not sure how I'm the one getting labeled rude and hateful for simply responding in a sarcastic way to repeated ad hominem attacks.

I'm not sure how to respond to the rest of your post as any salient points I previously made have no connection to your responses.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The question is what is too unsatisfactory. If your husband never spoke another word to you and went around sleeping with other women, you would most likely be unsatisfied to the point of wanting to end the relationship (assuming all other options were exhausted). Is that not correct?
This sounds like the husband already ended the marriage.

wa:do

Status
Not open for further replies.