• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Wifely Duties?"

Does a husband have a right to sex, regardless of his wife's wishes?

• Yes

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 71.8%
  • Sometimes/ Maybe (please specify in thread)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Other (please specify in thread)

Votes: 10 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

six plus one
:no:No way.

It's scary haw many people in the world think the opposite

Last edited by a moderator:

IF_u_knew

Curious
I never think it should be forced on a woman; however, I think it should be discussed prior to entering a marriage what each of them expect to get from the partnership as well as the companionship.

For instance, it might be wise to specify a length of time that one would feel comfortable with in abstaining from the physical companionship. You are entering a commitment and both are investing a lot into it.. it is only fair to let the other know if you will be one of those women who uses that aspect as manipulation... otherwise, you should afford him the right to seek that physical connection outside of.

Same thing for a woman's emotional intimacy needs. They should always be committed to each other there and a woman should let her potential partner know an amount of time that she would feel comfortable with w/out receiving it (you know, the dates.. special gestures.. attention.. etc).

I just think so many people have so many demands and they enter the relationships for their own personal reason and because a REAL discussion of what the other desired from them did not take place properly, it leads to failed expectations on both sides.

So, my answer: I entered other simply because if they did not enter the CONTRACT with pre-arranged agreements concerning such things, then he has a right to demand it (just as you know she will be using her right to demand her way.. woman are very good at this). Now, whether she agrees or not is her choice and her right and never should either push anything on the other when they say no. Just don't expect your marriage to prosper if EITHER is only taking and not giving.

Just my 2 cents... my bit of wisdom... not to misconstrued as being forced onto anyone. :)

Smart thread by the way and thank you for informing me.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
So, my answer: I entered other simply because if they did not enter the CONTRACT with pre-arranged agreements concerning such things, then he has a right to demand it (just as you know she will be using her right to demand her way.. woman are very good at this).
I would consider that a "yes," but whatever.

I'll repeat my earlier question to you, so please don't answer it in the other thread:

I have never given a blowjob. Does my (hypothetical) husband have a right to that, too?

Now, whether she agrees or not is her choice and her right and never should either push anything on the other when they say no. Just don't expect your marriage to prosper if EITHER is only taking and not giving.

Just my 2 cents... my bit of wisdom... not to misconstrued as being forced onto anyone. :)
Nobody's talking about rape, so let's just not even go there. We're not talking about force, we're talking about rights.

Smart thread by the way and thank you for informing me.
You're welcome. Thank you for replying.

IF_u_knew

Curious
I'll repeat my earlier question to you, so please don't answer it in the other thread:

I have never given a blowjob. Does my (hypothetical) husband have a right to that, too?

I did not answer it because I am not in the marriage with the two of you (hypothetically or not). That is something you should be discussing with him and not me. It is not my right to make that call.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Me too. ETA: Since I don't even have a husband, which I dutifully pointed out, it's a strictly hypothetical situation.

But, let's make it even more abstract, to cater to delicate sensibilities:

An anonymous woman, for highly specific reasons, does not perform oral sex on men. Does her husband have the right to oral sex?

Last edited:

IF_u_knew

Curious
Sounds like back peddling to me........

Do you know what back peddling is? I said that each partner should enter the marriage with their eyes wide open.. meaning they should discuss what they expect and what they are willing to give. That is common sense.

Since a potential contract would be between her and her "potential" ... why would I be asked to draw up their specifics.

If he specifies that he expects and she does not want to give it to him, then they can make their decision from there. If they don't specify before the marriage, and out of the blue, he desires it .. well, she might want to question why the sudden interest, but other than that, it is her choice. Does he have the right to ask? yes! Does he have the right to demand? yes... does she have the right to refuse? yes. But specifics between two other people is not the intent of what I was saying and so, back peddling is just an ignorant call.

This is simple logic.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
An anonymous woman, for highly specific reasons, does not perform oral sex on men. Does her husband have the right to oral sex?
Sure. But once again, he needs to acquire the sex from someone other than his wife. And, that opens a whole 'nother can of worms.

IF_u_knew

Curious
Me too. ETA: Since I don't even have a husband, which I dutifully pointed out, it's a strictly hypothetical situation.

But, let's make it even more abstract, to cater to delicate sensibilities:

It does not matter if it is anonymous or not.. specifics were not ever my point. My point was to say to discuss likes and dislikes, expectations, etc before entering the marriage.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Does he have the right to demand? yes... does she have the right to refuse? yes.
You can't have it both ways. He either has a right to it or he doesn't.

Also, if you're married, did you sit down with your spouse and specify what sexual acts he was entitled to in a legally binding document? If you're not married, do you plan to? All your talk of contracts is ludicrous.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Do you know what back peddling is? I said that each partner should enter the marriage with their eyes wide open.. meaning they should discuss what they expect and what they are willing to give. That is common sense.

Since a potential contract would be between her and her "potential" ... why would I be asked to draw up their specifics.

If he specifies that he expects and she does not want to give it to him, then they can make their decision from there. If they don't specify before the marriage, and out of the blue, he desires it .. well, she might want to question why the sudden interest, but other than that, it is her choice. Does he have the right to ask? yes! Does he have the right to demand? yes... does she have the right to refuse? yes. But specifics between two other people is not the intent of what I was saying and so, back peddling is just an ignorant call.

This is simple logic.
Yes I do know what back peddling is.
So basically you once again refuse to actually answer the question.

At least you are consistent.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It does not matter if it is anonymous or not.. specifics were not ever my point. My point was to say to discuss likes and dislikes, expectations, etc before entering the marriage.
That's more reasonable, but still a dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.