• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes there are scientists who believe things without evidence; heck there are even scientists who believe in God. Everything a scientist does is not related to science. When a scientist believe things without evidence, they are not claiming it to be a scientific theory, it's just their belief.
Lots of people cry when men, women and children are killed with weapons designed by scientists to kill en masse.

Little Dragon

Like it or not, current world events demonstrate/evidence/show/prove that what the Bible says is TRUE. It doesn't matter how you define it. Now realize you did not have to be born, that was a meeting of two cells. Most people run for cover if they think they will be hurt. What Jesus said is true. As many people know the prayer Jesus told his disciples to pray for. Sometimes called the Lord's Prayer. Part of that says, "Let your kingdom come.. "
Careful, sounds like a violation of rule 8. There are some snitches around..

I have not been shown anything that suggests that there is the slightest truth in any of that paragraph. I also sincerely hope you don't get your wish for the world to be destroyed and everyone, killed, to face judgement.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
My negative emotional bias, also stems from my outrage. My response to the actions of Christians acting in the name of their God. The genocide, the persecution, the ethnic cleansing, the misogyny, the lies, the anti intellectualism, the controlling behaviour and I could go on for some time.
Yep, many have established a heinous reputation!

But are they really following Jesus, living by his standards (John 13:35; Matthew 5:44)?

No.
That’s not Jesus’ fault, is it?
According to the prophecy @ Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus himself denies them.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Good. Then I hope he also corrects them.
He will.

They’ve besmirched His name for way too long!
(I almost added “…and His Father’s name…” But then thinking about it,
Christendom has tried to hide God’s name (Yahweh / Jehovah), so His name has been kept free from reproach, for the most part. So it’s all been put on Jesus… he’s the main ‘God’ of their ‘trinity.’)

In another post, you mentioned that @YoursTrue believes in ‘world destruction’.
What do you think that entails?

Little Dragon

What do you that entails?
The annihilation of human civilization, possibly the destruction of planet earth itself. Certainly the death of all human and possibly animal and plant life.
Unacceptable outcomes for this little dragon.

YoursTrue

He will.

They’ve besmirched His name for way too long!
(I almost added “…and His Father’s name…” But then thinking about it,
Christendom has tried to hide God’s name (Yahweh / Jehovah), so His name has been kept free from reproach, for the most part. So it’s all been put on Jesus… he’s the main ‘God’ of their ‘trinity.’)

What do you think that entails?
Yes, many have a million different excuses as to why they don't/won't use the divine Name of the Almighty God. That's up to them. Now that you mention the above, since they KNOW they are besmirching God's Name YHWH or Jehovah as we aptly say in English they cannot bring themselves to use it.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The annihilation of human civilization, possibly the destruction of planet earth itself. Certainly the death of all human and possibly animal and plant life.
Yes, I thought so.

But that’s not what @YoursTrue meant. Right, YT?

I’ll let them respond (since it wasn’t my comment.)

YoursTrue

As Gandhi said: "To cooperate with evil is evil". IOW, you can't have it both ways.
You kind of got it. Another good reason why Jesus offered the prayer known as the "Lord's Prayer." I don't know what translation you use, whether thee or thou, but when Jesus said "Let your kingdom come," I'm sure you remember the rest of the prayer. Many churches say it again and again but really don't know what it means. :)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yes, many have a million different excuses as to why they don't/won't use the divine Name of the Almighty God. That's up to them. Now that you mention the above, since they KNOW they are besmirching God's Name YHWH or Jehovah as we aptly say in English they cannot bring themselves to use it.
There were numerous names for YHWH used in Torah, so were the author's "besmirching God's name"?

YoursTrue

It is easy to 'see' now that mankind is kind of not on its own side, by that meaning populations and individuals willfully are at the brink, ready to destroy one another and the earth, either crazily or by persuasion or by force and more, and the Bible foretells more to come. But then a restoration of mankind. Before it's "all gone."

YoursTrue

There were numerous names for YHWH used in Torah, so were the author's "besmirching God's name"?
Um...I know you're the scholar, but the divine name in the form of the Tetra (or, as it is more technically known, the Tetragrammaton) is in the Bible more than any other name. But you knew that, right? You're gonna keep fighting to the end is my thought. May not be true though. Maybe there will be a surprise. But it seems that way. (As time "marches on.")

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Now that you mention the above, since they KNOW they are besmirching God's Name YHWH or Jehovah…
But in their eyes, Jesus is Yahweh.

So really, they don’t know it.

By Christendom supporting the Jewish superstition that resulted in taking God’s Name out of the Bible, it’s actually had an unwitting effect of keeping God’s Name clear of Christendom’s false doctrines…. So Jesus, to them, is their god that ‘burns people in hellfire,’ not Jehovah.

Such teachings still paint God as an evil Being, no matter what name is used.
So Jehovah, through His son Jesus as king, will straighten “all things” out.
Ephesians 1:9,10….
“It is according to his [God’s] good pleasure that he himself purposed for an administration at the full limit of the appointed times, to gather all things together in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth.”

1 John 3:8….
“The Son of God” will “break up the works of the Devil.”

So long, have a good day.

Little Dragon

It is easy to 'see' now that mankind is kind of not on its own side, by that meaning populations and individuals willfully are at the brink, ready to destroy one another and the earth, either crazily or by persuasion or by force and more, and the Bible foretells more to come. But then a restoration of mankind. Before it's "all gone."
Yeah sounds too defeatist. I can't get on board with that. I am not down with giving up on mankind.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Yeah sounds too defeatist. I can't get on board with that. I am not down with giving up on mankind.
Jehovah is not going to kill righteous mankind; He paid a high price (His son’s life) to redeem humans from death.
It’s the governments and forms of rule that will end. And those that will refuse Jesus’ kingship.

Many times, when the Bible mentions “heavens”, it’s referencing rulerships. See Ephesians 3:10.

If you don’t mind, I’ll post an old RF thread….

Take care.