• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Jerusalem is pronounced "Yarushalium", thus no "J" sound, OK? Jesus' name would be pronounced "YaShuah", so again no "J" sound.

Anyhow, I've got better things to do.
Oh and the vowel sounds cannot be accurately duplicated as they were said in the first century and prior. I guess you know that though.

YoursTrue

Jerusalem is pronounced "Yarushalium", thus no "J" sound, OK? Jesus' name would be pronounced "YaShuah", so again no "J" sound.

Anyhow, I've got better things to do.
Biblical Hebrew as found in Torah does not include vowels, thus insertion of vowels is arbitrary.
And so, that means all the pronunciation differences are arbitrary insofar as both local distinctions and history. And, since you claim Jehovah as said by many in English is a made up name, which is, of course, not primarily true since translation or transliteration at least differs properly in many cases from language to language, you recognize there was no J sound in Hebrew, then...or now...

YoursTrue

I didn't say that, I said science is not about believing things without evidence.
So people use science as they see fit. For instance, making weapons to kill lots of people at once. The bomb has no feelings. It didn't evolve.

freelight

Soul Pioneer
Premium Member
Everyone wants to live and enjoy life right? Who doesn't enjoy eating an apple, or mango, or grape, or....? The things on this earth that can satisfy man, are almost endless, and the beauty about is is that we never tire of those things - They always seem fresh, and the experience always seem different.

Yet, the reality is, we age, and the body loses its vigor, the taste buds, lose their sensitivity... but the brain still seem to desire these things. Then death end it all.

Scientists are promising to fix that - resurrect the dead - end the aging process - end death.
The Bible says God, the creator, promises the same.

Where do you put your faith, your trust, your confidence, your hope...
In the "big magic man in the sky",:smirk: or the "puny dreamers on this earth"?:nomouth:

Why?

Im always evolving, but put my 'faith' in 'God' alone, since I see 'God' as the very source of All That IS or Ever Will BE, so there is nothing or anything seperate from 'God'. Faith in that invisible supply of all substance, life, energy and consciousness is the only absolute reality, - there is no other :)

Love infinite.jpg

--o

nPeace

Veteran Member
Im always evolving, but put my 'faith' in 'God' alone, since I see 'God' as the very source of All That IS or Ever Will BE, so there is nothing or anything seperate from 'God'. Faith in that invisible supply of all substance, life, energy and consciousness is the only absolute reality, - there is no other :)

View attachment 84364

--o
Thanks.
I understand what you are saying.

YoursTrue

faith in Buddhism is not blind belief or adherence to dogmas; rather, it is based on personal experience, critical thinking, and confidence in the teachings of the Buddha. It is a faith grounded in understanding and personal transformation, rather than the worship of a higher power. Buddhism offers a unique perspective on faith, one that encourages individuals to actively engage in their own spiritual journey and take responsibility for their own liberation.
That is interesting and while I personally have never been particularly interested in Buddhism, finding it a bit esoteric, I would like to say that there was one legitimate God for the nation of Israel as they stepped out of slavery and went to the Promised Land.