• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Careful, sounds like a violation of rule 8. There are some snitches around..

I have not been shown anything that suggests that there is the slightest truth in any of that paragraph. I also sincerely hope you don't get your wish for the world to be destroyed and everyone, killed, to face judgement.
Not sure what you're saying here. But here's what I found out a while ago -- no one can PROVE God to you. Only God can. I was similar to your viewpoint when I was a younger adult. But things changed. I'm not saying your viewpoint will change, but each to his own. Have a good one.

Little Dragon

Not sure what you're saying here. But here's what I found out a while ago -- no one can PROVE God to you. Only God can. I was similar to your viewpoint when I was a younger adult. But things changed. I'm not saying your viewpoint will change, but each to his own. Have a good one.
I am just not interested in God, any God. Great or small, evil or good.

There might be a supernatural realm, there might be life after death, you know not what I have seen and heard my friend.
There might be all these things, there might be a God or many Gods.
I will not deal with any of them. Humanity does not need them.
The can go find another race to bother.

YoursTrue

There might be a supernatural realm, there might be life after death, you know not what I have seen and heard my friend.
I was interested at a certain point in finding God. Obviously you're different.

YoursTrue

There might be all these things, there might be a God or many Gods.loo
Oh, p.s., I know when I'm happy. I'm not happy a lot, but I have a hope for the future, and actually look forward to life without end in happiness. I'm much better off than when I did not believe in the one true God. God is God and you and I are not. So if you don't like Him, well, that's between you and God. I believe He understands, but that's because I love and trust Him to know all things. And the longer I live, I have faith He makes the right decision. Happiness is fleeting, so is life, but God promises everlasting life in happiness.

YoursTrue

First I must conclude from your description that you had some awful experiences about supernatural forces. Sorry to hear that if that is what happened to you.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
It's not "superstition"-- it's respect for the most Holy Name so as to be used only on a very special occasion-- Yom Kippur.
King David (and other Bible writers) used God’s name all the time.

If you think that’s wrong, that’s your judgement; but it is not what the Bible states.

Malachi 3:16, ASV….
“Then they that feared Jehovah spake one with another; and Jehovah hearkened, and heard, and a book of remembrance was written before him, for them that feared Jehovah, and that thought upon his name.”

And please note…. it says “his name.” (Not “his names.”)

Absolutely false. Not even close.
What? The false teaching of Hellfire — of God “burning” people — draws you nearer to God?

It repels many, and rightly so. Such unreasonable teachings, among other things, has helped atheism get a foothold.

Did you know, there is no word for “Hellfire” in the Greek Scriptures?

You won’t find “Hades pyr” in the Bible.

And “Gehenna” isn’t “hellfire”. It’s been mistranslated to propagate false dogma, and thereby control the masses through fear. It worked for hundreds of years….

But over the past century, the tactic has been backfiring. For this and other reasons, people are fleeing Christendom by the thousands!

Goodnight, my cousin.

faith in Buddhism is not blind belief or adherence to dogmas; rather, it is based on personal experience, critical thinking, and confidence in the teachings of the Buddha. It is a faith grounded in understanding and personal transformation, rather than the worship of a higher power. Buddhism offers a unique perspective on faith, one that encourages individuals to actively engage in their own spiritual journey and take responsibility for their own liberation.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I don't want him killing mankind, period, or over ruling mankind's autonomy and self determination.
So… you’re happy with men ruling
over others?
You probably have a decent life, and live in a relatively stable country. I do, too.

Do you think people in Sudan, Chad, etc. have a decent life?
Worldwide, over 900,000,000 people are starving. How is their government, man’s rule, working out for them? It isn’t, IMO.

And that is only one issue we’re facing!

What about crime, diseases like cancer, heart ailments & others, injustice, the effects of greed in all its forms including what is now called Global Warming, conflicts, etc.?

Men aren’t going to solve these problems, IMO. God’s Kingdom, will.

I have discovered, from speaking with so many people, that most simply don’t know what God’s Kingdom is; nor what the phrase, “Thy Will be done on earth”, means. Matthew 6:9,10

And it’s one of the major concepts in the Bible!
Very few have been taught these things….

It is all about ‘going to Heaven’, for them. But that’s not the hope the Bible holds out for most….
Psalms 37:10,11,29.
Matthew 5:5.
Revelation 21:3,4.
Isaiah 11:9.
Psalms 115:16.
Etc., etc.

Have a good day.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
You're sidestepping the point and having two standards.

Here: Different Names of God
@YoursTrue , I think metis wants an answer to the question about whether Jehovah has different names, referencing the above link. If you please, look it over, and then give him a reply. How do you see these names? I won’t answer until you do.

Actually, metis, to us it comes across that you’re uncomfortable with using the name Jehovah, or Yahweh.

Good night.

YoursTrue

First I must conclude from your description that you had some awful experiences about supernatural forces. Sorry to hear that.

YoursTrue

@YoursTrue , I think metis wants an answer to the question about whether Jehovah has different names, referencing the above link. If you please, look it over, and then give him a reply. How do you see these names? I won’t answer until you do.

Actually, metis, to us it comes across that you’re uncomfortable with using the name Jehovah, or Yahweh.

Good night.
Very apparently. I don't desire to engage with deities, the power imbalance would be obscene.
Really not sure what you mean but anyway have a good rest of the day.

Little Dragon

First I must conclude from your description that you had some awful experiences about supernatural forces. Sorry to hear that.
No experience passes by without an opportunity for learning my friend. I've learned that this world is far greater and far stranger than even the most devout theist might believe is the case. I know I have a powerful enemy, outside of mundane reality. I've sensed it. It sensed me. I won't go into details. I am involved in something I don't understand, so until I do. I will be cautious. One of the ways I am cautious, is to never involve myself with any kind of esoteric and spiritual practices. Like Ouija Seances and other things. I know that in doing so I would be exposed. I don't know how I know. I just do.
Don't be sorry. It's part of my reality, that I needed or need to experience.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
King David (and other Bible writers) used God’s name all the time.

If you think that’s wrong, that’s your judgement; but it is not what the Bible states.
Again, it'
s done out of respect, especially since everyone who practices Judaism well knows what haShem is. It is not done out of superstition.
The false teaching of Hellfire — of God “burning” people — draws you nearer to God?
I don't believe in hell-- unless it's a reference to RF. ;)

YoursTrue

No experience passes by without an opportunity for learning my friend. I've learned that this world is far greater and far stranger than even the most devout theist might believe is the case. I know I have a powerful enemy, outside of mundane reality. I've sensed it. It sensed me. I won't go into details. I am involved in something I don't understand, so until I do. I will be cautious. One of the ways I am cautious, is to never involve myself with any kind of esoteric and spiritual practices. Like Ouija Seances and other things. I know that in doing so I would be exposed. I don't know how I know. I just do.
Don't be sorry. It's part of my reality, that I needed or need to experience.
I used to get involved with some spiritistic stuff like you mentioned but learned from my study of the Bible that it is demonic. So I avoid things like that.