• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will be the Truth?

What is Truth?

• It is only Relative

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • It is only Subjective

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • It is from One Source

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am Undecided

• It is only found via Science

• It is found in Science and Faith

• It is found only in Faith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We agree we are one humanity just not the same source.

How do we arrive at the same source with religions that oppose bahai views?

In other words, if two arrows pointed away from each other, what solutions can we use to get them to point the same direction without altering their paths?

Firstly I personally see no opposing views, I see different frames of references.

The question goes right back to creation, do we evolve from a point in time, from an intelligent source? Science points to a big bang, some faith points to one God.

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Firstly I personally see no opposing views, I see different frames of references.

The question goes right back to creation, do we evolve from a point in time, from an intelligent source? Science points to a big bang, some faith points to one God.

Regards Tony

This still goes back to how do you solve the divide. How you interpret it is one of many interpretations; that's fine. No one is arguing what you believe. Getting passed theology, if we implemented or act in a way to build world peace, how do you solve the problem that not everyone sees things as different points of reference?

What steps can we make world peace while taking into consideration other people's views and opinions?

As for intelligent source, I honestly wouldn't know. I don't know what that means to tell you honestly. I have no knowledge of the big bang. I just know if there is some way to build world peace, there got to be some consensus beyond our given beliefs and morals.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The truth is the same for all us but is only understood through our experiences so all individuals reach it differently. While it is never altered it is understood individually.

I would have to ask then, is Truth the same for a rock as it would be for an eagle?

Are we talking about a source beyond our perception?

Regards Tony

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Truth is from one source -- the ultimate source of all that is: God. God can reveal truth in many different ways. Science is one of those ways. Also, we have evolved a good sense of intuition that tunes us into certain segments of truth. And, I believe, God has directly revealed to us truths as can be found in the sacred texts of the Jewish people. We also find some truths revealed indirectly to the sages of other faiths -- Judaism does not claim to have a monopoly on truth or virtue.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The Holy Word of God spiritually was once taught to own a human claim that only ONE word was holy by intention of it.

Natural existed created, and you owned no motivation to alter or change it by inference of words of change or destruction or applied methods of motivation to force change and cause not natural but artificial states.

Artificial as stated was designed for space travel. And spiritual Native awareness warned males in the sciences not to begin the choice of our destruction.

So the spiritual words and the meaning to speak the truth is totally ignored, when greed, control, forced change, manipulation, ownership and status is applied.

If a human says One, it means total diversity yet acceptance is wholeness and complete as one idealised support.

Ask a human to really practice what they preach is the only truth.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Only science certifies truth. The rest all is belief, speculation, imagination, superstition, ignorance, foolishness.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This still goes back to how do you solve the divide. How you interpret it is one of many interpretations; that's fine. No one is arguing what you believe. Getting passed theology, if we implemented or act in a way to build world peace, how do you solve the problem that not everyone sees things as different points of reference?

What steps can we make world peace while taking into consideration other people's views and opinions?

As for intelligent source, I honestly wouldn't know. I don't know what that means to tell you honestly. I have no knowledge of the big bang. I just know if there is some way to build world peace, there got to be some consensus beyond our given beliefs and morals.

In my OP I see that was partly answered. In the end we have to live what we believe and what the world gets to look at is if that life makes a better world, or if it does not.

One of the quotes says in the OP says, 'If I love you, I will not continually have to speak of my Love, you will know without any words". In the case of Abdul'Baha, he only Loved and only found the good within people, he Lived that Love.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It could be that the Truth will unfold in the Light of Virtue, when we decide not to try to turn off the darkness, but to switch on the light in ones own self and only to see the light switched on in others. When we never consider that we can turn off the dark.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Only science certifies truth. The rest all is belief, speculation, imagination, superstition, ignorance, foolishness.

So in using certify, is that saying science is the only way to "officially recognize as possessing certain qualifications, or meeting certain standards".

What then, is the scientific explanation or definition of selfless Love?

The OP demonstrates the Religious definition as Love manifested in selfless services and actions.

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In my OP I see that was partly answered. In the end we have to live what we believe and what the world gets to look at is if that life makes a better world, or if it does not.

One of the quotes says in the OP says, 'If I love you, I will not continually have to speak of my Love, you will know without any words". In the case of Abdul'Baha, he only Loved and only found the good within people, he Lived that Love.

Regards Tony

I wanted to expand on the OP and ask not your theology about what you believe but the action-the plan-in order to get there. Something less abstract.

So, I ask about the action. How do you confront conflict of ideas in order to succeed at a possible agreed goal?

Of course you may not see the conflict; but, one way to solve the problem in your OP is to take other people's views into consideration. So, that's why I ask-how.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wanted to expand on the OP and ask not your theology about what you believe but the action-the plan-in order to get there. Something less abstract.

So, I ask about the action. How do you confront conflict of ideas in order to succeed at a possible agreed goal?

Of course you may not see the conflict; but, one way to solve the problem in your OP is to take other people's views into consideration. So, that's why I ask-how.

I see conflict can not always be avoided, in fact the conflict of differing opinions, can, if we do it correctly, bring the participants to a fuller understanding. So the first step would not be to avoid a difference of opinion, would not the first step be to discuss and define what are the agreed goals?

So Truth may contain an aspect of humility!

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't have a concept of it to judge whether it's greatest or not. What does the question mean?

In understanding what is Light, we can observe what it is not. Light is not Darkness, darkness is the lack of light. Light is defined by the positive attributes, darkness is defined by the lack of those attributes.

Likewise we can then say Truth is not falseness or error, falseness and error are just the lack of Truth. Truth is defined by the positive attributes, falseness and error are defined by the lack of those attributes.

Regards Tony

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Indeed. Then we can say that a lot will happen that make life very hard, and then ask when that happens, is life worth any less?

Regards Tony

Of course not! Real love is often not easy. It sticks with you through all times.

Mercy is the kinda love I have trouble with. Sometimes it's easier to apply than others. I don't like to just excuse bad dealings.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I see conflict can not always be avoided, in fact the conflict of differing opinions, can, if we do it correctly, bring the participants to a fuller understanding. So the first step would not be to avoid a difference of opinion, would not the first step be to discuss and define what are the agreed goals?

So Truth may contain an aspect of humility!

Regards Tony

How do you address conflict, though?

If some people have opposing ideas about bahai but want to build world peace among humanity, how do you address that discrepancy?

Talking and understanding doesn't solve problems. Action does. For example, I understand fully what you believe. But the question is the action.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In understanding what is Light, we can observe what it is not. Light is not Darkness, darkness is the lack of light. Light is defined by the positive attributes, darkness is defined by the lack of those attributes.

Likewise we can then say Truth is not falseness or error, falseness and error are just the lack of Truth. Truth is defined by the positive attributes, falseness and error are defined by the lack of those attributes.

Regards Tony

Hm. If all come from the same source, wouldn't there be one color rather than opposites?

If there is one truth but many perspectives, there isn't such thing as light and darkness or truth and falsehood. Gray maybe?

Jedster

@Tony Bristow-Stagg
RE:OP (Hope all is well in land of Ozzies)

:sparkle: Attainment of 'world peace' means each individual attaining peace and this comes from realising that it is within each one of us and not from any other person/organisation/religion.
The only universal 'Truth' is that existence is self-evident, so if people would pursue & realise :sparkle: above, an incredible world could manifest.
Beliefs are not self-evident, believing they are is just not so.