• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will be the Truth?

What is Truth?

• It is only Relative

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • It is only Subjective

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • It is from One Source

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am Undecided

• It is only found via Science

• It is found in Science and Faith

• It is found only in Faith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Unity in this case not having the same foundation but the same goal because of own foundations. What model would one have that everyone would agree with given our foundations are different 'not' our goals?

Like my example I gave again. If one person actually wanted war against enemies (not as means of sporadic killing but a means to kill enemies to save the innocent) and another decided no killing enemies are necessary, there is no unity. They both have the same goals and intentions: to save mankind. They both agree with the intentions (like I mentioned there is no debate on the intentions themselves), but they disagree with the method.

They still want unity and peace but their methods of going about it are different. How do you address this?

Please say you don't know if you don't. It's not a debate. I'm asking about a method of peace.

By the way. I can't meet Bahaullah and answer this question. Why didn't you answer it before I mentioned the same question from Bahaullah's perspective-if both of you share the same belief?

Anyway. Take care of yourself.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I was thinking more

But yours is more poignant

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the funniest book ever.

Interesting enough, the song is based off the phrase from the book. In the song the Dolphins are leaving, which would mean that the earth is being destroyed, hence all the doomsday imagery in the music video. The only difference is that the dolphins are leaving because man is destroying the world. I suspect that the dolphins are figurative for the great people in history and fiction, which is why Muhammed Ali and Leia, Carrie Fisher, are referenced, because they were dead when the song was written.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I like the statement but,

I would say the ability of perceptional bias allows us to set the truth's we want to see and also that other life may have this ability not only man.

this may just be the way I am understanding your statement.

Personally I see that the Human species on this planet has been given the ability to comprehend beyond this physical realm, to know what it is to Love and not be bound by the rules of nature.

I see It is how we choose to interact with the whole, that gives balance and meaning to this life we are given.

But I also see there are many species on many other worlds in many universes and other realities that have been given this level of comprehension, the future will be quite amazing.

Science has to also embrace the spirit, before it finds the bigger Truths. Without virtue science in a lot of cases chooses to destroy and not build an ever advancing civilisation.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Truth is absolute.

This is different to what we view as true at the moment, as what we consider true is based on many variables, which in summary is the limited amount of information we have about the world as well as our own subjective interpretation of reality.

Science can get us closest to certainty regarding many things, but the more we advance technologically, the more we will realise how limited our current technological capabilities are in examining our surroundings.

Studying humanity and its history, humans will never be the embodiment of love or selfless service because people think differently. And depending on what the meaning of love and self sacrifice is, I am sure most humans would not want to embody those things either.

I also do not see how educating everybody and creating equality between men and women would end the foundations of war. Innate desires to attain Power and Greed themselves are the foundations for many wars and are part of the rest.

I see it is women that will be the leaders in us obtaining unity, in the end one wants a family and a life where Love and nurture is a shared experience, with every one having the means of a peaceful existance.

I am sure that Love and nurture will blossom when women find true equality, but I do not see that equality lays in sameness. The big issue as to what is unfolding now, is that equality is being pushed at sameness. I see we are created man and women to enable a balance.

The path forward will still be challenging, mind is being challenged on all fronts.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Unity in this case not having the same foundation but the same goal because of own foundations. What model would one have that everyone would agree with given our foundations are different 'not' our goals?

Like my example I gave again. If one person actually wanted war against enemies (not as means of sporadic killing but a means to kill enemies to save the innocent) and another decided no killing enemies are necessary, there is no unity. They both have the same goals and intentions: to save mankind. They both agree with the intentions (like I mentioned there is no debate on the intentions themselves), but they disagree with the method.

They still want unity and peace but their methods of going about it are different. How do you address this?

Please say you don't know if you don't. It's not a debate. I'm asking about a method of peace.

By the way. I can't meet Bahaullah and answer this question. Why didn't you answer it before I mentioned the same question from Bahaullah's perspective-if both of you share the same belief?

It is good to have the discussion, I do not see it as a debate, as I see I consider this subject from a different frame of reference and I am yet to understand what you are saying, to me it is confusing.

Unity in this case not having the same foundation but the same goal because of own foundations.

You then go on to say one try's to achieve this with war one with peace.

How can that find unity when the goal is Peace? Is not the arms race aimed at peace in a war based mentalityand has it worked?

In the end to find peace one of those mindsets has to change, that to me is the reality of the situation.

Sorry very busy with workand life for a few weeks, have to go.

Regards Tony

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I see it is women that will be the leaders in us obtaining unity, in the end one wants a family and a life where Love and nurture is a shared experience, with every one having the means of a peaceful existance.

I am sure that Love and nurture will blossom when women find true equality, but I do not see that equality lays in sameness. The big issue as to what is unfolding now, is that equality is being pushed at sameness. I see we are created man and women to enable a balance.

The path forward will still be challenging, mind is being challenged on all fronts.

Regards Tony

By balance, do you mean that man and women have qualities that compliment each other?

I still don't see it because there are too many variables, but I do see how it can contribute to the world being a better place.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
None of those are proof that there is no God.

I said facts, you asked for facts, i gave you facts.

E=mc2 shows no omnipotent god can exist in this universe

The rest show aspects of various god beliefs for what they are

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How does it show that?

The definition of Omnipotent unlimited power
Power is work over time
Work requires energy
The energy in the universe is finite, and much of it is mass. Therefore it cannot be infinite

It works for me. It may not work for you but unless you can show otherwise i will stick with Einstein

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Bible and Quran extensively talk about miracles. The test of miracles will come again, I hope this time we accept God's chosen Messenger and the miracles through him lest we be destroyed.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
In all religious stories, the stories are of the same history, science and science causes.

The only non constant non reactive held condition, science/machine/reaction is not diverse. It is held fixed by design and also constantly applied by human choice.

Therefore when a diverse human life says to self science is the ONLY ONE held constant applied condition.....then I am not actually one. I am one body in its diversity, by Holy Land.

Lets trade we said, we love our humanity, we love our Earth one body.....a stable body, a fixed body and a held body. The spiritual status of our life.

Our spirit is so diverse says the human family, see how it expresses its diversity, how interesting, how beautiful, our extended family is. I love my family. I do not want them to suffer anymore because of the deceit of greed, wealth, elitism, non equality and a false teaching.....science.

I want them to remember the love of life, the freshness of the air we breathe, the want to be with family as a family, to unite in the need of trade and exchange for the life of spiritual wealth, how we express our difference. To use implements that only support natural and not disturb anything that could harm us....and be realistic for once, be human, be a family member and simply choose that status.