• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religious/spiritual practices do you do?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Do you meditate, dance, pray, read scripture, use a rosary, pull cards, throw lots, lucid dream, use entheogens, walk labyrinths, fast, chant, perform rituals, etc etc?

What are your practices?
I read scripture daily, plus meditate (especially walking meditation), but my emphasis more is on doing that which can help others, especially the poor and/or disenfranchised. .

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What are your practices?

A basic, relatively quick (20 mins. or so) Hindu worship ritual at home at my little shrine. It consists of prayers and mantras, and offerings of the flame of an oil lamp, flowers, fruit, incense, water. I also occasionally attend temple, but not nearly as often as I used to, due to personal circumstances. I try to live as dharmic ("righteous") a life as possible, but I do fall short.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I'm hoping the OP is keeping religion separate from spirituality. Religion has no legitimate claim to being THE authority on spirituality.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My #1 practice is what is called "karma yoga" in the east and "volunteering" in the West. My other practices are repeating the name of God - supposedly for 30 minutes a day but I fall way short and meditating on an image of God.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Astaunga Yoga, e.g. Following do's & don'ts (Yama/Niyama) such as Meditation, Yoga exercises, regular Fasting, Yogic Diet, Selfless Service, Scripture Reading, (actually there are Sixteen Points to be followed, including weekly collective meditations (Dharma Chakra), single and collective spiritual dance (Kiirtana), devotional singing (Bhajans), attending seasonal meditation/yoga retreats, dancing Tandava and Kaoshiki).

Last edited:

james bond

Go to church on Sunday to sing and worship the Lord, and try to receive Communion when I can. It aligns my life spirit to be in a 90 degree perpendicular with the plane of the Earth like that of the tree of the cross. Receiving communion, I am humbled to remember the sacrifice of Jesus and to look forward to his glorious return in the future.

ETA: I have to add for the flesh, to partake in a grand cup of coffee and a pleasant dessert like a donut afterward isn't that bad, either.

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you meditate, dance, pray, read scripture, use a rosary, pull cards, throw lots, lucid dream, use entheogens, walk labyrinths, fast, chant, perform rituals, etc etc?

What are your practices?

1/ Daily Prayer
2/ Reading from the Sacred writings twice daily
3/ Studying the sacred writings
4/ Putting that learning into practice in my day to day life
5/ Teaching the Cause of God
6/ Service to the community

Hermit

I've done some lucid dreaming and it was a valuable experience for me. A lot of the time I'll read from spiritual related books or watch videos on that sort of a subject.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

What are your practices?
Namaste @Galateasdream

Welcome to RF.

Over the years I have practised all the ones you described:).

"Surrender to God" is all I need

Wish you all the best

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה

What are your practices?
I am a Jew. I live as a Jew each and every day, from the moment I open my eyes in the morning and say “Modeh ani...” until the moment I prepare for sleep and recite the Sh’ma.

How I fill the hours in between, as a Jew, would take more time to describe than I have available.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Most days, it is little things.

Saying hello to Squirrel if I see them on the walk into the office.

Smiling at the glory of Sun as they beam their light down upon this beautiful Earth.

Dancing in Snow and marveling at the chemical symmetry of crystalline Water.

Talking about plant friends to anyone whether they are interested in the Green Ones or not.