• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religious/spiritual practices do you do?

Galateasdream

Do you meditate, dance, pray, read scripture, use a rosary, pull cards, throw lots, lucid dream, use entheogens, walk labyrinths, fast, chant, perform rituals, etc etc?

What are your practices?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you meditate, dance, pray, read scripture, use a rosary, pull cards, throw lots, lucid dream, use entheogens, walk labyrinths, fast, chant, perform rituals, etc etc?

What are your practices?
Cultivating Falun Gong. the following text is from the main website of Falun gong, also known as Falun Dafa Falun Dafa - Introduction
It is a discipline in which “assimilation to the highest qualities of the universe—Zhen, Shan, Ren (Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance)—is the foundation of practice.
practice is guided by these supreme qualities, and based on the very laws which underlie the development of the cosmos.
The focus of Falun Dafa practice is the mind, with the cultivation of one’s mind and thoughts, or “Xinxing,” being singled out as the key to increasing Gong energy. The height of a person’s Gong is directly proportionate to that of his Xinxing. The concept of “Xinxing” encompasses the transformation of virtue (a white form of matter) and karma (a black form of matter). It also includes forbearance, discernment, and abandonment—that is, forsaking ordinary human desires and attachments, and managing to endure the most trying of ordeals. Much is encompassed by the concept.

Falun Dafa also includes the cultivation of the body, which is accomplished by performing specific exercises. One purpose of the exercises is to strengthen the practitioner’s supernatural abilities and energy mechanisms by means of his or her powerful Gong force. Another purpose is to develop many living entities in the practitioner’s body. In advanced practice, the Immortal Infant will come into being and many abilities will be developed. The exercises of Falun Dafa are necessary for the transformation and cultivation of such things. A comprehensive mind-body cultivation system such as this requires both self-cultivation and physical exercises, with cultivation taking priority over exercises. A person’s Gong simply will not increase if he or she merely does exercises while failing to cultivate Xinxing. The exercises are thus a supplemental means to achieving spiritual perfection.

Falun Dafa involves the cultivation of a Falun, or “law wheel.” The Falun is an intelligent, rotating entity composed of high-energy matter. The Falun that Master Li Hongzhi plants in a practitioner’s lower abdomen from other dimensions rotates constantly, twenty-four hours a day. (True cultivators can acquire a Falun by reading Master Li’s books, watching his 9-session lectures on video, listening to recordings of his 9-session lectures, or studying together with students of Falun Dafa.) The Falun helps practitioners to practice automatically. That is, the Falun refines the practitioner at all times, even though he or she isn’t performing the exercises at every moment. Of all practices made public in the world today, only Falun Dafa has managed to achieve a state in which, “the Fa refines the person.”

more can be read in the link i added

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

What are your practices?

Currently, my outward activities include meditation and reading from the Upanishads on Sundays or when the mood strikes me.

Inwardly, my life is a "spiritual practice." I am always aware of my dharma as well as who I truly am.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

What are your practices?

I sometimes pray, light candles, walk outside, read spiritual books: ancestors, letter to a young poet, Andrew Newberg neurothology-study of how science is the seat of our religious beliefs and experiences.

amorphous_constellation

As a 'pagan,' I consecrated my own grove many years ago, where I commune with the trees and animals, and the earth and sky, and am able to practice a form of walking meditation around it. As they say I am largely of 'Irish descent,' all of this might be looked at as a kind of 'reformed druidry,' perhaps. It is reformed for example, because I don't think primitive things like human sacrifice are necessary to appease nature. An understanding of science however, is paramount for us to live in harmony with the earth, and it was made very clear that science actually formed the basic body of Celtic theology. Now all that said, I am a bit superstitious even mentioning much of this to you, for it is was a strict rule that one's practice actually not be written down, as this diffuses its efficacy and makes it profane.

Last edited:

amorphous_constellation

@ideogenous_mover
If it helps any, I'm glad you did choose to share this with us.

I mention practices here more directly, in that post, and never again. In writing, I generally only make allusions to the revelations I am granted. The practice however, is not really to be discussed. It cannot be replicated anyhow, the core of it being reactive to idiosyncrasy

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I meditate, read, and contemplate existence. I also leave offerings to various influences, recite poetry to the moon, shapeshift, and practice sex magic.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Inwardly, my life is a "spiritual practice." I am always aware of my dharma as well as who I truly am.
An understanding of science however, is paramount for us to live in harmony with the earth, .. I am a bit superstitious even mentioning much of this to you, ..
I try to fulfill my duties ('dharma'). I agree that knowledge of science is essential for every one. I do not have any superstitions. I am not a seeker, since I have completed my journey. I am a strong atheist Hindu, therefore, no observances for me except homage to my ancestors. Forum discussions keep me primed.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Indeed, A phrase often used in these parts to describe devotion to secular pursuits

I heard a story of a vicer in Salford who after years of shrinking congratulations upped sticks and began doing the sunday sermon in the local pub.