• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What? No war !

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
How many MOABs do we have?
How many would it take?

As of 2017, the U.S. military claimed to have 20 MOAB bombs.

The U.S. Dropped the ‘Mother of All Bombs’ in Afghanistan. But What Is That?

During April 13th, 2017, US MC-130 aircraft dropped one over Afghanistan on a network of ISIS tunnels that were blasted into killing ca. eight dozen ISIS fighters.

'Mother of all bombs' killed 94 ISIS fighters, Afghan official says - CNN

Moab-Afghanistan-Taliban-Boom.gif

I'm guessing if one MOAB could take down ca. 100 Islamic militants, then I suppose 20 of them could take out a combined total of ca. 2,000 Islamic militants.

Last edited:

leov

Many democrats are no doubt disappointed, the killing of Iran's terrorist general has not resulted in WW3.

Iran's response ? We were advised by them where and when they would fire tens of missiles that harmed no one. They were extremely careful not to cross Trumps red line of massive response if they killed any Americans.

As always, when faced with real force, they backed down. This massive war machine we were told existed, and would smash us, turned out to be not much.

Iran is confused, Americans have for years let them do as they chose, suddenly they got whacked for their killing, and they have absolutely no desire to be sliced up.

I have absolutely no doubt that there are some democrats who wanted Americans to be killed, to prove their narrative of fear of Iran, and a serious error on the part of Trump.
It was a show of capabilities of Iran. Iran passed and now holds the area hostage, kind of mini MAD situation which will keep temporary peace until CIA collects proper 'fifth column' in Iraq.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Right. Because that's how escalation works. If there's not a full blown declared war within a day or two of the initial incident, that's it, it's all over. :rolleyes:

There is still hope for a war yet! And we all thought, as Pelosi stated recently, that Trump ordered it because of the impeachment.
:facepalm:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Right. Because that's how escalation works. If there's not a full blown declared war within a day or two of the initial incident, that's it, it's all over. :rolleyes:

Indeed. History cannot be assessed by looking at a single, isolated event. That is true of not just this event, but of any historical event. It is premature to make any definitive statements about the ramifications of what has happened over the course of the last week. And I certainly don't have the background in Middle East politics and culture to speculate.

But what I can say is that the suggestion that many Democrats are disappointed there isn't going to be a World World 3 is absurd nonsense. Few in this country of any political affiliation are chomping at the bit for war, worldwide or otherwise.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've noticed their newly deafening silence here on RF.
No backpedaling....just acting as though they never made the claims.
They're always right cuz they never admit being wrong, eh.

Anyway, I still see Trump's policies towards Iran as dangerous.
I just won't make predictions about how it will all play out.
BS. People got afraid and posted not in support of war but on the assumption that trump would do what he said he'd do and fire back harder and really start a war. He backed down and ate his words for which we should all be grateful.

Good news is typically not noted except by me in this case and others who posted in the thread I started.

I also have to note that the lies about Democrats motives are in full bloom.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Indeed. History cannot be assessed by looking at a single, isolated event. That is true of not just this event, but of any historical event. It is premature to make any definitive statements about the ramifications of what has happened over the course of the last week. And I certainly don't have the background in Middle East politics and culture to speculate.

But what I can say is that the suggestion that many Democrats are disappointed there isn't going to be a World World 3 is absurd nonsense. Few in this country of any political affiliation are chomping at the bit for war, worldwide or otherwise.

Within the last few years, the U.S. Military killed nearly one hundred Islamic militants with just one MOAB. The U.S. military has at least 20 of these bombs, if this many MOABs were to each kill on average one hundred Islamic militants, then 20 of these bomb blasts would likely take out a combined total of approximately 2,000 Islamic militants.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The ignominy of the democrats is well known and in some cases their toxic brand of tribalism blinds them to it, on the other hand it seems many might just be run of the mill masochists. I imagine some actually pray that Trump wins in 2020 so their humiliation is complete!
The Trump minions are looking forward to Emperor Trump being succeeded by Emperor Trump, Jr and the full destruction of the Constitution. They are all in favor of a monument to the Trump empire being built in Washington that will tower over all existing monuments to the greater glory of the Trump dynasty.

And they are waiting with bated breath for the day when the police round up all Democrats and "LOCK THEM UP" as they've said they want over and over again.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Within the last few years, the U.S. Military killed nearly one hundred Islamic militants with just one MOAB. The U.S. military has at least 20 of these bombs, if this many MOABs were to each kill on average one hundred Islamic militants, then 20 of these bomb blasts would likely take out a combined total of approximately 2,000 Islamic militants.
They're not stupid enough to gather in one group where a single bomb can take them out unless you want to nuke everything in sight and let God sort them out.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It was a show of capabilities of Iran. Iran passed and now holds the area hostage, kind of mini MAD situation which will keep temporary peace until CIA collects proper 'fifth column' in Iraq.
That kind of thing is why Iran is our enemy today. We overthrew the democratically elected government and put the Shah in power. We shot down a civilian airline and caused over 200 deaths. Our hands are not clean in the region.

dianaiad

You're making a big mistake thinking that the revenge for the assassination is over. It will be answered for in a time of their choosing. Because it was not immediate means nothing.

Well, it is true that the Dems seem to be masters of 'sit on it and wait for all the water to be wrung out of the rag" sort of people. Perhaps they are more familiar with the mindset of the Iranian terrorist base than the rest of us are.

leov

That kind of thing is why Iran is our enemy today. We overthrew the democratically elected government and put the Shah in power. We shot down a civilian airline and caused over 200 deaths. Our hands are not clean in the region.
Do we have "clean hands" anywhere?

Rational Agnostic

Many democrats are no doubt disappointed, the killing of Iran's terrorist general has not resulted in WW3.

Iran's response ? We were advised by them where and when they would fire tens of missiles that harmed no one. They were extremely careful not to cross Trumps red line of massive response if they killed any Americans.

As always, when faced with real force, they backed down. This massive war machine we were told existed, and would smash us, turned out to be not much.

Iran is confused, Americans have for years let them do as they chose, suddenly they got whacked for their killing, and they have absolutely no desire to be sliced up.

I have absolutely no doubt that there are some democrats who wanted Americans to be killed, to prove their narrative of fear of Iran, and a serious error on the part of Trump.

I partially agree with you. But I would also say that it's clear that Trump enjoys p!ssing people off. He may not be truly trying to start a war, but his reckless words and behavior certainly have dangerous potential. Even if he didn't cause a war this time, he might in the future (not necessarily with Iran) if he continues with his impulsive tweets and threats.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
One thing that is becoming quite clear is that the allegation that an attack was "imminent" was and is a lie, going by Lee's and Rand's angry responses. So, why are the other Senate Pubs such cowards so as to be unwilling to call it what it appears to be? And who would believe in Generalissimo Trump even to begin with?

shmogie

The iranians deserved what they got, and they now know the boundaries.
I partially agree with you. But I would also say that it's clear that Trump enjoys p!ssing people off. He may not be truly trying to start a war, but his reckless words and behavior certainly have dangerous potential. Even if he didn't cause a war this time, he might in the future (not necessarily with Iran) if he continues with his impulsive tweets and threats.
The Iranians got what they deserved, and now know the boundaries.

It wasn't a matter of pissing people off, it was a matter of making clear that we can, and will act if the lines in the sand are crossed., unlike the previous administration that allowed the iranians free rein in running amok, then going further in their appeasement by shipping massive amounts of cash to them.

The house is now wasting time and money to try and protect iran from retribution by curtailing the Presidents Constitutional power as commander in Chief.

It is doomed to failure, once again, but they don't care, Trump lives in their heads. That is all they can do, plot against him with their futile schemes. Meanwhile, they have no interest in needed meaningful legislation.

PureX

Veteran Member
Sure got the Trump impeachment trial out of the public eye, though, didn't it! You know, that thing that the republicans promised to be completely biased and dismissive about before it even started. The thing where Trump's accused of extorting a foreign nation for personal political gain, and the republicans in the Senate say that's not criminal enough for them to bother considering any sort of presidential sanction.

shmogie

14 missiles that missed any people ? Horsefeathers.

There is no MAD to it. There is guaranteed destruction, but of iran. As long as the US is in the middle east, and we aren't leaving, if iran goes to far, our B-2 fleet can can destroy their military sites and infrastructure in the matter of an hour.

Peace through strength means that your enemy knows that certain behaviors will cost a massive amount.

If you are strong, but afraid to use your strength, there is no peace.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Do we have "clean hands" anywhere?
Good question. We are a great power and play great power politics which includes using our power to get people to do what we want sometimes by persuasion, sometimes by subversion and sometimes militarily.