• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What? No war !

shmogie

Sure got the Trump impeachment trial out of the public eye, though, didn't it! You know, that thing that the republicans promised to be completely biased and dismissive about before it even started. The thing where Trump's accused of extorting a foreign nation for personal political gain, and the republicans in the Senate say that's not criminal enough for them to bother considering any sort of presidential sanction.
What Trump did is not a statutory crime, if it were the dems would have said so. Obstructing congress by exercising a Constitutional right is a joke.

Abuse of power is not tied by them to any criminal act.

The senate will be as fair as it was in the last impeachment, with the same result.

A couple of years ago I started a thread on the death of impeachment. Citing party loyalty as the factor that would always save the president from removal.

I stated it was a waste of time and money, and never has nor ever will result in removal.

You and nancy should have read it. It is proving to be prophetic.

leov

14 missiles that missed any people ? Horsefeathers.

There is no MAD to it. There is guaranteed destruction, but of iran. As long as the US is in the middle east, and we aren't leaving, if iran goes to far, our B-2 fleet can can destroy their military sites and infrastructure in the matter of an hour.

Peace through strength means that your enemy knows that certain behaviors will cost a massive amount.

If you are strong, but afraid to use your strength, there is no peace.
Imo, it was pure show, some news guys say 5 hrs of advance warning was given. Iran can not win but can soil a lot, nobody know to what extent. I am 99.9% sure that Iran has a few nukes , not their own but Soviet. Enough to built dirty bomb and spread around SA, Israel, I do not believe that normally they would use that but in dire moments they will. But on short run they and US kick up oil price to their mutual benefit.

shmogie

Good question. We are a great power and play great power politics which includes using our power to get people to do what we want sometimes by persuasion, sometimes by subversion and sometimes militarily.
The I've is a typical example of extreme political tribalism, imo.

Laughable if it was not so sad.
Dude, you have no idea of the polarization of people based upon politics that we have in the US now. This country is involved in a cultural war, and as the left drives itself to be even lefter, we on the right are hell bent to oppose them.

You don't like it ? It is the way it is and it isn't your country.

leov

Dude, you have no idea of the polarization of people based upon politics that we have in the US now. This country is involved in a cultural war, and as the left drives itself to be even lefter, we on the right are hell bent to oppose them.

I do not like it, but I understand where it comes from. "the Empire never ended*

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I've noticed their newly deafening silence here on RF.
No backpedaling....just acting as though they never made the claims.
They're always right cuz they never admit being wrong, eh.

Anyway, I still see Trump's policies towards Iran as dangerous.
I just won't make predictions about how it will all play out.
It appears some are still holding out hope that their doomsday predictions will still bear fruit.

shmogie

It was you that was advocating war, to destroy the "mad mullahs", a couple of days ago.

What has happened is a further reinforcement of the enmity between the USA and Iran. This will be reflected in due time by further attacks on US interests and quite likely by the acquisition of nuclear weapons by Iran. Their efforts to influence Shia islam across the Middle East will redouble.
You have totally misstated my position re iran.

I said that if they chose by continued military attacks on us, the mad mullah regime could and should be destroyed.

Reinforce the emnity between us and iran ? So, apparently for you they may attack us at will, but if we respond, it is reinforcing their emnity toward us.

You sound like a graduate of the Neville Chamberlain university of foreign policy.

They will not obtain a nuclear weapon, unless a democrat president allows it.

They already control in totality shia islam across the world. Whether we blow away their general terrorist, or not, that won't change.

exchemist

Veteran Member

I said that if they chose by continued military attacks on us, the mad mullah regime could and should be destroyed.

Reinforce the emnity between us and iran ? So, apparently for you they may attack us at will, but if we respond, it is reinforcing their emnity toward us.

You sound like a graduate of the Neville Chamberlain university of foreign policy.

They already control in totality shia islam across the world. Whether we blow away their general terrorist, or not, that won't change.
This Neville Chamberlain stuff is a cracked record. Any old fool can trot it out as a specious justification for warmongering. We had the same s**t over the Iraq invasion too.

What I am actually a graduate of is the British experience in Northern Ireland. If you want peace, you have to try to find a way to bring the outlaws on-side. This does not have to mean being soft with them but it does mean being careful not to keep re-opening wounds thoughtlessly. And it does mean offering them a constructive alternative to what they are doing now.

The Obama/EU plan was intended to start that process. And Iran was abiding by it. It did not stop them doing everything we would like them to stop, but it got the process of international rehabilitation going. But going this route takes a combination of long-term vision, patience and intelligence. None of these is evident in the current US administration, which is focused solely on gaining a second term in office in November.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So you screw extremely dangerous international incidents in to mashed up nonsense in order to win your 'cultural war'??

You're extremism surely causes you to call up as down, right as left, black as white?

How can anybody trust you?

Oh!!! Ha ha ha! You support your country when it commits extreme acts of international outrage, killing Iranian leaders when they are beside international airports in Iraq, and then you tell me not to interfere in debates about yours?

Tell you what, matey, why don't you ask for a US DIR? Then you can post your junk in it, free from any foreigner's comments?

Better Still? Ask RF for a US Republican/GOP (whatever) DIR and then you can post to your own supporters who can 'winner' your every comment, just as you probably do to your President?

Sad. Sad.

shmogie

Actually, he promised retaliation if Iran struck "any U.S person or target." (SOURCE: Donald J. Trump on Twitter)

But, we can chalk that up to pure bravado.

Well, based on Trump's attitude in the media, it would appear he's the one who backed down, since he promised to respond to any retaliation, then Iran DID retaliate and Trump is refusing to respond.

But, hey, de-escalation is de-escalation.

Well, what's important is that you get another imaginary narrative to demonize democrats with that can't be proven wrong. Good for you!
Democrats are what they are, and the lowest of them are very low indeed.

Imaginary narrative, I don't think so. Since for many of them, the end justifies the means, they did not get what they predicted, and wanted as another great criticism of Trump.

The bases attacked were not American bases, though some exist that they could have attacked, they attacked Iraqi bases, Iraqi assets, not ours.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

You didn't say that when the Iranian General's troops fought beside yours, against Taliban etc?

Excuse me.......... you just killed several Iranian and Iraqi leaders suddenly and without warning.
Oh well, at least you backed off when they showed how accurate their missiiles are, eh?

Neville Chamberlain was a Conservative Prime Minister who believed that Diplomacy could save millions of lives. A Christian ethic, you know. And when his policy failed he resigned, and a Coalition of Parties took over, which is a bit like Democrats and Republicans needing to come together sometimes, if only the extremists can be cleared out?

More tribalist claims, eh?

Why..... you thinking of converting to Shia Islam, or something?

Iran is the CENTRE of Shia Islam, isn't it?

:facepalm:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
(Not a Democrat or Republican.)

Considering our continued involvement in conflicts in the Middle East (yes, I am lumping Obama's involvement as well), are we not at war, or some stage of a war? I mean, I get that international law considers our involvement "armed conflict" (correct me if I am wrong), but this is another incident entangling us in this hornet's nest.

Well, SOMEONE'S happy about a war, I see!

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Many democrats are no doubt disappointed, the killing of Iran's terrorist general has not resulted in WW3.

Iran's response ? We were advised by them where and when they would fire tens of missiles that harmed no one. They were extremely careful not to cross Trumps red line of massive response if they killed any Americans.

As always, when faced with real force, they backed down. This massive war machine we were told existed, and would smash us, turned out to be not much.

Iran is confused, Americans have for years let them do as they chose, suddenly they got whacked for their killing, and they have absolutely no desire to be sliced up.

I have absolutely no doubt that there are some democrats who wanted Americans to be killed, to prove their narrative of fear of Iran, and a serious error on the part of Trump.
I thought you wanted a war. Are you against it now?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
There is still hope for a war yet! And we all thought, as Pelosi stated recently, that Trump ordered it because of the impeachment.
:facepalm:
Just because we are not there yet or never get there does not rule out the possibility of current events being contrived to cover past misdeeds.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

All you need to do to get a good idea about the division is look at the political threads on this forum. The extremes dominate and reason and evidence be dammed.

suncowiam

I've noticed their newly deafening silence here on RF.
No backpedaling....just acting as though they never made the claims.
They're always right cuz they never admit being wrong, eh.

Anyway, I still see Trump's policies towards Iran as dangerous.
I just won't make predictions about how it will all play out.

Who are you talking about? Name them! Don't just apply a general DEMOCRAT label. Wouldn't that be misleading?

Concerning this thread... Too soon to conclude anything...

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I can't say if that he wants a "doomsday predictions will still bear fruit." He'll (@Kangaroo Feathers) have to speak up on this, but why would anyone want a doomsday scenario to bear fruit?

Frankly, I don't understand how anyone can predict anything in this matter. Other than a possible continuation of a tic for tac response.
I have no idea why some people want war.
Though I have met some people who after predicting something would not care about anything other than being right about their prediction.

I agree that it is impossible to predict what will happen.
Though those who make a prediction that bears fruit will most likely be all the place celebrating the luck of the draw.