• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the most depressing song ever?

LukeS

I like tragic classical music, but don't know much except for this. Its not depressing as such, but its a sad theme and I m more of a bubbly character than gloomy. I tend to find contemporary pop music depressing, because its so dire its dissapointingly bad.

Rational Agnostic

This is the saddest song I've ever heard:
I like it though.

Okay, it doesn't have to be depressing, but can you think of a song that makes you really sad.

"Imagine" by Saint John Lennon makes me really sad. I think it's because Saint John Lennon was murdered and He's probably rolling around in His grave to see that the world turned out the complete opposite of his song :(

Most depressing song ever? Easy. Hurt by Johnny Cash.

gnomon

Seriously this is the most depressing song I ever heard....

One of the best singers and performers who brought forth personal experiences into their performance. Then we saw it in Tool and other great performances who brought forth personal experiences upon us all.

I apologize. It's a hard subject.

dfnj

Authoritarianism and war make me depressed.

This one is just sick. Extreme acts of evil make me depressed:

Someone mentioned the Johnny Cash song "Hurt" which kills me. This one is really good too: