• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the most depressing song ever?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"Somewhere" from "West Side Story" will get tears into my eyes every time I hear it.

Earthling

David Henson
There are some good ones in this thread. Fast Car is a good one, but for me I think James Taylor's Copperline brings me to tears every time I listen to it. I'm a country boy, and miss childhood, in a simpler time that's gone for good. Of course, anything by Roger Waters is simultaneously sad and humorous to me. My favorite album of all time being Amused To Death.

dfnj

There are some good ones in this thread. Fast Car is a good one, but for me I think James Taylor's Copperline brings me to tears every time I listen to it. I'm a country boy, and miss childhood, in a simpler time that's gone for good. Of course, anything by Roger Waters is simultaneously sad and humorous to me. My favorite album of all time being Amused To Death.

I loved Radio KAOS. During college I burned up my Sony Walkman listening to PF and RW 20 hours per day.

There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)

Billy Ocean

Sometimes I wonder by the look in your eyes
When I'm standing beside you there's a fever burning deep inside.
Is there another in your memory?
Do you think of that someone when you hear that special melody?
I always stop and think of you
Especially when the words of love song touch the very heart of me.
There'll be sad songs to make you cry, love songs often do,
They can touch the heart of someone new [you]? saying I love you, I love you.
I often wonder how it could be you loving me, two hearts in perfect harmony.
I'll count the hours until that day, the rhapsody plays a melody for you and me.
Until the moment that you give your love to me,
You're the one I care for, the one [that]I will wait for.
They can touch the heart of someone new [who] saying I love you, ooh ooh ooh, oh.
You're my desire, you take me higher.
My love is like a river running so deep.

I always stop and think of you
Especially when the words of love song touch the very heart of me.
They can touch the heart of someone new [who]]? saying I love you, I love you.

They can touch the heart of someone new [who] saying I love you. Ah. Ah.
They can touch the heart of someone new saying I love you, I love you.
Do do do do do do do do do do do do do. Ooh.
Saying I love you.
I love you.

Songwriters: Barry James Eastmond / Billy Ocean / Leslie Sebestian Charles / Wayne Anton Brathwaite
There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry) lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

'depressing'? not so much 'depressing' but an eye opener, that's for sure.

PopeADope:Habemus papam

1 Timothy 3:1 "This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work."

1 Timothy 3:2 "A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;"

Titus 1:7 "For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;"

1984. episkopé
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
the office of a bishop.
From episkeptomai; inspection (for relief); by implication, superintendence; specially, the Christian "episcopate" -- the office of a "bishop", bishoprick, visitation.

1980. episkeptomai
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
visit, look out for
Middle voice from epi and the base of skopos; to inspect, i.e. (by implication) to select; by extension, to go to see, relieve -- look out, visit.

The Bishop of Rome is the Pope, the Supreme Pontiff and head of the Catholic Church.

Was there a role of 'papa' given by Christ (J)esus to His disciples or Church?

I think so...

Matthew 23:9 "And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

- papà

Last edited: