• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The significance of 1844 in Bible Prophecy

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe its because God wants you to use your brain and think and not be spoon fed on everything.

That's not a particularly Christian response, then again, most Christians aren't very Christian so I'm used to it. I'm just an ordinary guy trying to make sense of the Christian POV, if one exists. It probably doesn't because Christianity is so splintered.

The Baha'i faith teaches that truth is one and religion and science should be in harmony. Religion and science are like wings of a bird that we need to be equally strong if humanity is to fly towards the heavenly realm. If we have religion without science then we get superstition. Science without religion we get materialism. If science absolutely teaches something to be true then we should accept the science and disregard the religious belief as mere superstition or dogma. Christianity (your version of it at least) seems to teach, science should only be accepted if it agrees with your version of Christianity.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

That's not a particularly Christian response, then again, most Christians aren't very Christian so I'm used to it. I'm just an ordinary guy trying to make sense of the Christian POV, if one exists. It probably doesn't because Christianity is so splintered.

The Baha'i faith teaches that truth is one and religion and science should be in harmony. Religion and science are like wings of a bird that we need to be equally strong if humanity is to fly towards the heavenly realm. If we have religion without science then we get superstition. Science without religion we get materialism. If science absolutely teaches something to be true then we should accept the science and disregard the religious belief as mere superstition or dogma. Christianity (your version of it at least) seems to teach, science should only be accepted if it agrees with your version of Christianity.

See there's where your wrong again
As long as science agrees with God. Then there is no problem.

As for Christian, I am not your advantage Christian and do not accept what other Christians teach.
Other Christians have no idea that the earth is not 6000 years old.
But Millions if not Billions of years old.
Even the dinosaurs bones proves the earth as being Millions of years old.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
See there's where your wrong again
As long as science agrees with God. Then there is no problem.

The problem with that is when knowledge of God is limited to literal interpretations of the bible, that should be taken symbolically.

That's why it took the church so long to accept Galileo's truth. Its also why so few Young Earth Christians are scientists.

Back to the ten horned, seven headed beast, do you agree that it represents an actual empire, like the other beasts in Daniel?

Faithofchristian

The problem with that is when knowledge of God is limited to literal interpretations of the bible, that should be taken symbolically.

That's why it took the church so long to accept Galileo's truth. Its also why so few Young Earth Christians are scientists.

Back to the ten horned, seven headed beast, do you agree that it represents an actual empire, like the other beasts in Daniel?

Your right about that, When people go into the bible and try to interpret things themselves this where Confusion comes into play.
But Except for the book of Revelation, God has already given the interpretation of all things in the book of Revelation Himself.

Now as for the 7 heads and 10 horns.

The 7 heads are 7 mountains and According to the bible Mountains Represents kingdoms and Nations.

The 10 horns, are 10 kings, which haved received no kingdom as yet. But will receive power as kings one hour with the beast, when he comes.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Your right about that, When people go into the bible and try to interpret things themselves this where Confusion comes into play.

That's probably why Christians are unable to agree amongst themselves on what it means, let alone interpret it.

But Except for the book of Revelation, God has already given the interpretation of all things in the book of Revelation Himself.

God gives us clues as to how to best understand the words he has given us, and some of those clues are in Revelation, that is true.

Now as for the 7 heads and 10 horns.

The 7 heads are 7 mountains and According to the bible Mountains Represents kingdoms and Nations.

The 10 horns, are 10 kings, which haved received no kingdom as yet. But will receive power as kings one hour with the beast, when he comes.

I agree that the seven heads representing seven nations and that is why we have the seven crowns

Revelation 12:3
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

The crown rests upon the head, so presumably the seven crowned rulers of the seven territories or nations.

Revelation 13:1
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Then ten crowned rulers of the same Empire.

So same beast.

Revelation 13:2
And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

These are once again the characteristics of the beast. The terms leopard, bear, and lion refer to the prophecy in Daniel 7. In that prophecy the leopard represents the Empire of Alexander the great; the bear represents the Empire of Media-Persia; the lion represents the Empire of Babylonia. The Umayyad dynasty ruled an Empire reminiscent of the Empire of Alexander (the leopard) in its extent and prosperity. The strength (feet) of the beast was situated in Media-Persia (the bear), but it had its throne (mouth) within the confines of ancient Babylonia (the lion).

Where we disagree is you are still waiting for this empire to come, whereas I believe it has come and been.

Faithofchristian

That's probably why Christians are unable to agree amongst themselves on what it means, let alone interpret it.

God gives us clues as to how to best understand the words he has given us, and some of those clues are in Revelation, that is true.

I agree that the seven heads representing seven nations and that is why we have the seven crowns

Revelation 12:3
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

The crown rests upon the head, so presumably the seven crowned rulers of the seven territories or nations.

Revelation 13:1
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Then ten crowned rulers of the same Empire.

So same beast.

Revelation 13:2
And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

These are once again the characteristics of the beast. The terms leopard, bear, and lion refer to the prophecy in Daniel 7. In that prophecy the leopard represents the Empire of Alexander the great; the bear represents the Empire of Media-Persia; the lion represents the Empire of Babylonia. The Umayyad dynasty ruled an Empire reminiscent of the Empire of Alexander (the leopard) in its extent and prosperity. The strength (feet) of the beast was situated in Media-Persia (the bear), but it had its throne (mouth) within the confines of ancient Babylonia (the lion).

Where we disagree is you are still waiting for this empire to come, whereas I believe it has come and been.

The beast in Revelation 13:2, Is the One World Order Government.
The Leopard, Represents that the One World Order Government will not change. But take control of all things around the world.

And his feet as the feet of a bear. The feet of a bear will tear and rip apart everything in it's path. This is what the One World Order does, anyone or anything that gets in the way of the One World Order, it will tear and rip them apart.

And his mouth as the mouth of a Lion.
When a Lion catches its prey in it's mouth, the Lion rips and tears it apart.

This is what the One World Order will do.
It will devour anyone or anything that gets in it's way.
And the dragon ( Satan ) gave him ( the One World Order ) his power and his seat, and great authority.

Verse 3--"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death"

Remember back in the book of
Genesis 3:15, Where God speaking to the Serpent ( Satan ) saying, it (he) shall bruise your head and you shall bruise his heel.
This bruise takes place in Revelation 13:3, when one of the heads of the beast was wounded.

And Satan shall bruise his heel, This took place at the cross of Christ Jesus. When the feet of Christ was nailed to the cross.

Revelation 13:4 --"And they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast, Who is able to make war with him"

There is No one who is able to make war with him, Because the One World Order has every Nation and people under it's Control.

Think for a moment, if you had the Whole world under your control, who would be able to make with you, when you are in control of everything. This is what the One World Order has under it's Control Everything.So there is no one who can make war with the One World Order Government. It has everything around the world under it's Control.

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The beast in Revelation 13:2, Is the One World Order.

You mean like the United Nations? Don't we need international law and order?

Verse 3--"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death"

Remember back in the book of
Genesis 3:15, Where God speaking to the Serpent ( Satan ) saying, it (he) shall bruise your head and you shall bruise his heel.
This bruise takes place in Revelation 13:3.

And Satan shall bruise his heel, took place at the cross of Christ Jesus.

The association seems a little tenuous to me. Is it possible you are reading too much into Gen 3:15?

Revelation 13:4 --"And they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast, Who is able to make war with him"

There is No one who is able to make war with him, Because the One World Order has every Nation and people under it's Control.

So if that were the case what do you think the seven heads and ten horns represent?

Think for a moment, if you had the Whole world under your control, who would be able to make with you, when you are in control of everything. This is what the One World Order has under it's Control Everything.So there is no one who can make war with the One World Order Government. It has everything under it's Control.

International government is a reality and much more of a positive thing than not.

The Baha'i perspective is that the beast was militant Islam as exemplified by the Umayyad Caliphate.

Revelation 12:3-4
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

The Umayyads who dominated the Islamic religion. Seven heads and seven crowns mean seven countries and dominions over which the Umayyads had power: they were the Roman dominion around Damascus; and the Persian, Arabian and Egyptian dominions, together with the dominion of Africa—that is to say, Tunis, Morocco and Algeria; the dominion of Andalusia, which is now Spain; and the dominion of the Turks of Transoxania. The Umayyads had power over these countries. The ten horns mean the names of the Umayyad rulers—that is, without repetition, there were ten names of rulers, meaning ten names of commanders and chiefs—the first is Abú Súfyán and the last Marván—but several of them bear the same name. So there are two Muáviyá, three Yazíd, two Valíd, and two Marván; but if the names were counted without repetition 70 there would be ten. The Umayyads, of whom the first was Abú Súfyán, Amír of Mecca and chief of the dynasty of the Umayyads, and the last was Marván, destroyed the third part of the holy and saintly people of the lineage of Muḥammad who were like the stars of heaven.

The Umayyad Caliphate covered most of the known biblical world for centuries, not to mention occupation of Jerusalem for nearly 1.200 years.

900px-Map_of_expansion_of_Caliphate.svg.png

The expansion of the caliphate under the Umayyads: Expansion under Muhammad, 622–632 (brown) Expansion during the Rashidun Caliphate, 632–661 (red) Expansion during the Umayyad Caliphate, 661–750 (yellow)

Ever wondered why a religion that is set to overtake the number of Christians this century isn't mentioned in the bible? Now you know it is?

Faithofchristian

The association seems a little tenuous to me. Is it possible you are reading too much into Gen 3:15?

So if that were the case what do you think the seven heads and ten horns represent?

International government is a reality and much more of a positive thing than not.

The Baha'i perspective is that the beast was militant Islam as exemplified by the Umayyad Caliphate.

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

The Umayyads who dominated the Islamic religion. Seven heads and seven crowns mean seven countries and dominions over which the Umayyads had power: they were the Roman dominion around Damascus; and the Persian, Arabian and Egyptian dominions, together with the dominion of Africa—that is to say, Tunis, Morocco and Algeria; the dominion of Andalusia, which is now Spain; and the dominion of the Turks of Transoxania. The Umayyads had power over these countries. The ten horns mean the names of the Umayyad rulers—that is, without repetition, there were ten names of rulers, meaning ten names of commanders and chiefs—the first is Abú Súfyán and the last Marván—but several of them bear the same name. So there are two Muáviyá, three Yazíd, two Valíd, and two Marván; but if the names were counted without repetition 70 there would be ten. The Umayyads, of whom the first was Abú Súfyán, Amír of Mecca and chief of the dynasty of the Umayyads, and the last was Marván, destroyed the third part of the holy and saintly people of the lineage of Muḥammad who were like the stars of heaven.

The Umayyad Caliphate covered most of the known biblical world for centuries, not to mention occupation of Jerusalem for nearly 1.200 years.

The expansion of the caliphate under the Umayyads: Expansion under Muhammad, 622–632 (brown) Expansion during the Rashidun Caliphate, 632–661 (red) Expansion during the Umayyad Caliphate, 661–750 (yellow)

Ever wondered why a religion that is set to overtake the number of Christians this century isn't mentioned in the bible? Now you know it is?

No not like the United Nations. Much bigger than the United Nations.

The United Nations do not control every Nation in the world, If it did, Nations like North Korea would not be doing what it's doing and wouldn't have to ask China to help.

The One World governmental, wouldn't ask anyone, it would just take care of North Korea without any questions or having to ask anyone for their approval.

Faithofchristian

No I never wondered why a religion like Islam,Muslims, is made Mentioning of in the book of Revelation.

InvestigateTruth

Look Christ Jesus has open all those seals, if not then we wouldn't be able to read what is in those seals.

Revelation 6:1--"And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals"

Therefore Christ Jesus has open the seals.

Throughout Revelation Chapter 6 Christ Jesus has open all 7 seals.
No, Christ did not open the seals in His first coming, because that was not His mission in the first coming, as the Book was to remain sealed until the End, when Christ returns to open the seals:

"And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end." Daniel 12:9

Book of Revelation is Prophecies of future until Return of Christ.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

No, Christ did not open the seals in His first coming, because that was not His mission in the first coming, as the Book was to remain sealed until the End, when Christ returns to open the seals:

"And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end." Daniel 12:9

Book of Revelation is Prophecies of future until Return of Christ.[/QUOTE\]

The book of Revelation wasn't even Written at the time of Christ 1st coming.

When John was on island called Patmos, this when the book of Revelation was written.
At this time of John writing the book of Revelation, is when Christ open the 7 seals

"And one of the elders said unto me, Weep not, Behold the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof" Rev 5:5.

And then in Chapter 6, we find the Lamb, Christ Jesus opened one of the seals, This being the first seal. And in Verse 2 Christ Jesus opens the second seal. And the 3rd seal, and the forth seal and the fifth seal, and open the sixth seal, and the 7th seal.

Therefore as you go thru Rev Chapter 6 you will find Christ Jesus has opened all the seals, 1 thru 7 all of the seals have been opened by Christ Jesus.

As to where do you get that none of the seals has been open, When in fact in
Revelation Chapter 6 shows that Christ Jesus has opened all the seals
1 thru 7.

Faithofchristian

Book of Revelation is Prophecies of future until Return of Christ.

Are you freaking kidding me, We are in the future from the time the book of Revelation was written.
And we are in the future from the time of Prophet Daniel.

Therefore in the book of Revelation, Christ Jesus has open all the 7 seals.

Go to Revelation Chapter 6, and read Christ Jesus has open all the seals.
Otherwise if the 7 seals have not been open, Then how is it we can read what is inside of those 7 seals then in Revelation Chapter 6 ?
When Christ Jesus opens each one of those seals we see what is happening in each one of those seals.

When Christ Jesus open the first seal, John saying, And I saw, and behold a white horse, and he that sat on him had a bow.

And when he ( Christ Jesus ) had opened the second seal, Verse 3.

It looks pretty much like Christ Jesus has open all the 7 seals in Chapter 6 of Revelation.

How is it that you say, the seals are not open, when in fact in Revelation Chapter 6 Christ Jesus is opening all the 7 seals.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The One World governmental, wouldn't ask anyone, it would just take care of North Korea without any questions or having to ask anyone for their approval.

That would not make sense. A One world government would be made up of all the peoples of the world, from all Nations. They would have agreed upon a course of action and rogue governments should be brought to account quickly.

The events you mention might have to be considered in reverse, as God is Justice and allows man to rule with justice. God has always allowed man to rule this world, but asks us to do it in Gods Love and with Gods guidance.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you freaking kidding me, We are in the future from the time the book of Revelation was written.
And we are in the future from the time of Prophet Daniel.

Therefore in the book of Revelation, Christ Jesus has open all the 7 seals.

Go to Revelation Chapter 6, and read Christ Jesus has open all the seals.
Otherwise if the 7 seals have not been open, Then how is it we can read what is inside of those 7 seals then in Revelation Chapter 6 ?
When Christ Jesus opens each one of those seals we see what is happening in each one of those seals.

When Christ Jesus open the first seal, John saying, And I saw, and behold a white horse, and he that sat on him had a bow.

And when he ( Christ Jesus ) had opened the second seal, Verse 3.

It looks pretty much like Christ Jesus has open all the 7 seals in Chapter 6 of Revelation.

How is it that you say, the seals are not open, when in fact in Revelation Chapter 6 Christ Jesus is opening all the 7 seals.

What you are suggesting comes down to one specific piece of guidance in the Bible which is;

2 Peter 1:20"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."

Thus are you Claiming that you have Authority to offer this view in interpretation? If these views are not yours, what is the Authority you quote?

This is the significance if 1844. It was the year that dawned a New Revelation, a new Covernant was given and a new Authority on Scripture has spoken.

Thus you must say how the Authority you use is not your personal opinion.

Regards Tony

Faithofchristian

That would not make sense. A One world government would be made up of all the peoples of the world, from all Nations. They would have agreed upon a course of action and rogue governments should be brought to account quickly.

The events you mention might have to be considered in reverse, as God is Justice and allows man to rule with justice. God has always allowed man to rule this world, but asks us to do it in Gods Love and with Gods guidance.

Regards Tony

That's According to you, if you had any idea.
Back as far as Babylon king
Neb-u-chad-nez-zar. Ruled much of the known world at that time.

Even Alexander the Great had rulership over much of the known world at his time. As with Emperor Napoleon.

Now comes the last of great rulership over the world, The One World Order.which will rule the whole world under one rulership.

Just before this One World Order happens, it takes a deadly wound, and the deadly wound is healed, and all the world wondered after the beast, and they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast, saying, who is like unto the beast, who is able to make war with him.

No one is able to make war with the beast. Because the beast controls all Nations and people and the Military of the whole world.