• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The significance of 1844 in Bible Prophecy

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I've got notes going all the way to the end of Revelation. But I was hoping you'd post something first. You haven't been waiting for me have you? But, if I do, it will be on the other thread.

Notes all the way to the end...fantastic. You can start teaching me about the book of revelation.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That sounds scary. How many questions do you have?
A lot, in Rev 14:1 we have a lamb again on Mt.Zion with 144,000 and it says that the hour of His judgment has come.

But we already had Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah come as the 3 Woes. We already had all the beasts and dragons come. Now what's happening?

But in chapter 17 we have an explanation. The beast once was, is not and come back. 7 hills are 7 kings... 5 have fallen, 1 is and another is to come, and the beast is an 8th king. 10 horns are 10 kings that will wage war against the Lamb. The Lamb wins because He is the King of Kings. The woman is the Great City.

Then in 18:9 there's more "Woes" ...Babylon's doom has come. In chapter 19 the wedding day of the Lamb has come. The beast and the kings are captured. Chapter 20 Satan locked in the Abyss for a 1000 years, then released and destroyed. There's Gog and Magog. Then the New Earth and New Jerusalem and God and the Lamb are its Temple. And only those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life included, the cast into the Abyss.

So I guess I only have one question... what's this all about?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That sounds scary. How many questions do you have?
I put the post with the questions about Revelation in the other thread also, since that thread has all the other posts about Revelation in it. So probably just respond in that thread. Thanks

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A lot, in Rev 14:1 we have a lamb again on Mt.Zion with 144,000 and it says that the hour of His judgment has come.

But we already had Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah come as the 3 Woes. We already had all the beasts and dragons come. Now what's happening?

But in chapter 17 we have an explanation. The beast once was, is not and come back. 7 hills are 7 kings... 5 have fallen, 1 is and another is to come, and the beast is an 8th king. 10 horns are 10 kings that will wage war against the Lamb. The Lamb wins because He is the King of Kings. The woman is the Great City.

Then in 18:9 there's more "Woes" ...Babylon's doom has come. In chapter 19 the wedding day of the Lamb has come. The beast and the kings are captured. Chapter 20 Satan locked in the Abyss for a 1000 years, then released and destroyed. There's Gog and Magog. Then the New Earth and New Jerusalem and God and the Lamb are its Temple. And only those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life included, the cast into the Abyss.

So I guess I only have one question... what's this all about?

What is happening it is not a chronological story unfolding. The passage jump backwards and forwards, there is no order to them in a lot of cases. We can not know how Revelation unfolds when it comes from timeless worlds. Baha'u'llah shows this in His Writings as well. In the Tablets to the Kings and Rulers the subject changes from talking individually to them, to giving advice to others and even to revealing Laws.

As for Rev 14:1, I see this as Referring to Isaiah 2:3. "Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem."

Jerusalem is 'City of Peace" to which now Haifa is the New Jerusalem, 'City of Peace'. Mt Carmel is Zion to which the Universal House of Justice is the base to where the Laws go out. Mt Carmel is the Mountain of the Lord and all Nations now Flow up this Mountain each and every day.

144,00 (=9) will have many significance's, one being a reference to the Greatest Name of God which is seen in as YHVH (26=8) in Hebrew, pronounced "Yode Hey Vav Hey" and written out "Yode Hey Vav Hey" = 45 = 9. The Name of Baha'u'llah is Baha (=9).

It is very interesting the 2 Numerical Values of the Greatest Name as mentioned in the Bible when Calculated when written and then pronounced as being 8 & 9 - Have a look at this link from the Book 'Gate of the Heart'

Gate of the Heart

So 144,000 could also refer to the year 9.

Doing a job for others today, that should open a few more thoughts. You can do this you know, it is but a slight change in Frame of Reference.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I put the post with the questions about Revelation in the other thread also, since that thread has all the other posts about Revelation in it. So probably just respond in that thread. Thanks

It is good to post here, as this all focuses on what happened in 1844.

Regards Tony

Phantasman

The words "it is finished" meant more than Christ giving up the spirit.

The prophesies ended. Apocalypses are visions. Not prophesies.

Then I asked him, "Lord, how shall we be able to prophesy to those who request us to prophesy to them? For there are many who ask us, and look to us to hear an oracle from us."
The Lord answered and said, "Do you not know that the head of prophecy was cut off with John?"
But I said, "Lord, can it be possible to remove the head of prophecy?"
The Lord said to me, "When you come to know what 'head' means, and that prophecy issues from the head, (then) understand the meaning of 'Its head was removed.' At first I spoke to you in parables, and you did not understand; now I speak to you openly, and you (still) do not perceive. -Secret James

Revelations has come true for many hundreds of orthodox believers throughout the last few millennia. The 1844 thing will soon be replaced with a new "deadline" or "event".

The early churches didn't include apocalyptic books ( by John, Peter, James, Paul, etc.).

The Apocalypse of Paul:
Then the Holy Spirit who was speaking with him caught him up on high to the third heaven, and he passed beyond to the fourth heaven. The Holy Spirit spoke to him, saying, "Look and see your likeness upon the earth." And he looked down and saw those who were upon the earth. He stared and saw those who were upon the [...]. Then he gazed down and saw the twelve apostles at his right and at his left in the creation; and the Spirit was going before them.

The Apocalypse of Peter:

15. And the Lord showed me a very great country outside of this world, exceeding bright with light, and the air there lighted with the rays of the sun, and the earth itself blooming with unfading flowers and full of spices and plants, fair-flowering and incorruptible and bearing blessed fruit. 16. And so great was the perfume that it was borne thence even unto us. 17. And the dwellers in that place were clad in the raiment of shining angels and their raiment was like unto their country; and angels hovered about them there. 18. And the glory of the dwellers there was equal, and with one voice they sang praises alternately to the Lord God, rejoicing in that place. 19. The Lord saith to us: This is the place of your high-priests, the righteous men.
20. And over against that place I saw another, squalid, and it was the place of punishment; and those who were punished there and the punishing angels had their raiment dark like the air of the place.
21. And there were certain there hanging by the tongue: and these were the blasphemers of the way of righteousness; and under them lay fire, burning and punishing them. 22. And there was a great lake, full of flaming mire, in which were certain men that pervert righteousness, and tormenting angels afflicted them.
23. And there were also others, women, hanged by their hair over that mire that bubbled up: and these were they who adorned themselves for adultery; and the men who mingled with them in the defilement of adultery, were hanging by the feet and their heads in that mire. And I said: I did not believe that I should come into this place.
24. And I saw the murderers and those who conspired with them, cast into a certain strait place, full of evil snakes, and smitten by those beasts, and thus turning to and fro in that punishment; and worms, as it were clouds of darkness, afflicted them. And the souls of the murdered stood and looked upon the punishment of those murderers and said: O God, thy judgment is just.
25. And near that place I saw another strait place into which the gore and the filth of those who were being punished ran down and became there as it were a lake: and there sat women having the gore up to their necks, and over against them sat many children who were born to them out of due time, crying; and there came forth from them sparks of fire and smote the women in the eyes: and these were the accursed who conceived and caused abortion.

I fail to see spiritual knowledge in any of them. They are fleshly. and a stick to the carrot of orthodoxy.

Christ said to teach the Gospel. (GOOD news). And Paul taught us how to think.

Philippians:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

All good. I will respond in detail when I have the time.:)