• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE HUNT, new movie

sooda

Veteran Member
LOL, if one reads an interview with the movies director about the film, and sees clips of people being hunted by other people with shotguns, one has a very clear idea of what the movie is without watching it.

Throwing around half baked accusations before there is solid evidence they are correct.

Are you talking about the two years of accusations about Russian collusion ? Or, Trump being an asset of Russian intelligence ?

I am sure you are, since this is the most egregious recent example of bombardment of lies over years, greedily accepted by a large part of the population.

People who criticise stuff they haven't watched frequently get the wrong end of the stick, especially when they are criticising something they haven't watched specifically to make a partisan point.

I remember before The Revenant came out people were saying that Leonardo di Caprio's character got raped by a bear. I'm sure someone somewhere was whining about such disgusting content and using it as an inditement on modern society too. Thing is, no one got raped by a bear and it was all just BS.

Come back when you've watched the film, actually know what's in it, and also how it is portrayed in context.

If you want to criticise "today's society" then why not start with criticising those who throw about half-baked accusations before there is solid evidence they are correct. I'm sure you would criticise "the left" for doing likewise after all.
[/QUOTE]

Trump loves lies, half truths and conspiracy theories..

tytlyf

Not Religious
Do you think that this trait is purely a right wing phenomena ?
Overwhelmingly yes. Conspiracy this....conspiracy that...

For two years prominent democrat politicians told us of all the vast amounts of evidence that would prove that the Trump campaign was in the pocket of the Russians. Schiff of Ca. reeled off all kinds of stuff that he said he knew about.
From the report, the Trump campaign was working with Russia and knowingly accepted their help.
collude
  1. cooperate in a secret or unlawful way in order to deceive or gain an advantage over others.
The Mueller report, we were told, would prove Trump was an asset of the Russian intelligence services.
The report came out and proved it all to be a pack of lies. Most democrats apparently believed their leaders.
So, who swallows lies without evidence ?
Well, the evidence points to Trump working with russian intelligence. It's not like he was in the dark.
The FBI report did not exonerate Trump. There's people sitting in prison right now due to your 'hoax report.'
The FBI saw questionable intelligence concerning the Trump campaign. They started an investigation into that.

Nothing is a hoax. Hannity isn't a journalist.

shmogie

Your post was false from the beginning. Just accept the fact you believed a conspiracy theory from a radical far-right source.
Elitists, like in the movie, would be capitalist overlords anyways. And liberals don't hunt. But you don't hear bizarre made up conspiracy theories from democrats ever.
False ? My post was based upon an interview with the director and viewing some clips.

I don´t know what conspiracy you are talking about.

A movie based upon political violence is a movie based upon political violence.

You seem to be offended because the bad guys are liberals.

The politics make no difference. Staunch liberals can´t grasp this, they are stumbling all over themselves to defend "theirs΅.

It is irrelevant to the point.

Graphically violent movies about todays politics are only fuel for the fire of some left wing or right wing political crazy. Be it one who wants to kill Republican Congress People at a baseball practice, or one who wants to shoot Down ¨ Mexicans ".

It is simply irresponsible when political violence is rising at an alarming rate.

Violence from left or right wing crazies is still violence.

shmogie

Trump loves lies, half truths and conspiracy theories..[/QUOTE]
The movie is about political violence.

Is that a half truth or a conspiracy theory ?

LOL, if one reads an interview with the movies director about the film, and sees clips of people being hunted by other people with shotguns, one has a very clear idea of what the movie is without watching it.

Whining about a satire you haven't seen by taking a basic plot line at face value is very stupid. Complaining about any book, film, TV show you haven't seen is very stupid. A circle jerk of people complaining about a film none of them have seen is exceptionally stupid.

Until you've seen it, your opinion is worthless as all you are doing is acting as a mouthpiece to magnify other people's complaints. Try thinking for yourself.

Are you talking about the two years of accusations about Russian collusion ? Or, Trump being an asset of Russian intelligence ?

I am sure you are, since this is the most egregious recent example of bombardment of lies over years, greedily accepted by a large part of the population.

If you can find me saying any of that, feel free to quote me. I said people should wait for the investigation because it's not like they have any other way of knowing what happened.

What's your point though? "Other people get to jump to conclusions so I'm going to do that too"

So as you do think people should have evidence after all, no need to be so hypocritical ;)

tytlyf

Not Religious
False ? My post was based upon an interview with the director and viewing some clips.
So where's your source?

I don´t know what conspiracy you are talking about.
That the movie is based on democrats targeting trump supporters.

A movie based upon political violence is a movie based upon political violence.
The movie is not based on political violence. Your sources lied to you.

You seem to be offended because the bad guys are liberals.
I'm not offended. You seem to have issues with conspiracy theories.

shmogie

Overwhelmingly yes. Conspiracy this....conspiracy that...

From the report, the Trump campaign was working with Russia and knowingly accepted their help.
collude
  1. cooperate in a secret or unlawful way in order to deceive or gain an advantage over others.

Well, the evidence points to Trump working with russian intelligence. It's not like he was in the dark.
The FBI report did not exonerate Trump. There's people sitting in prison right now due to your 'hoax report.'
The FBI saw questionable intelligence concerning the Trump campaign. They started an investigation into that.

Nothing is a hoax. Hannity isn't a journalist.
I don watch Hannity, I don´t much care for him.

Your statements re the Mueller report are simply false. The report specifically stated there was no collusion. Collusion isn´t a crime, bur conspiracy is the legal term for the same thing, a crime. No conspiracy found. Have you read the report ? you can buy a copy at Amazon, just as I did.

If what you imagine existed, why have the house democrats abandoned totally conspiracy, and are slobbering over obstruction of justice, which MIGHT exist ?

The FBI exonerates no one. They either file for prosecution, or they don´t, period.

The people in Prison are there for crimes they committed long before they were involved with Trump, or for lying to the FBI, not for any conspiracy with the Russians.

They started an investigation based upon a document they knew was false, that was opposition research paid for by the Clinton campaign, and a statement in a bar by a peripheral campaign employee ( George Popodopolus) to an Australian diplomat to the effect that the Trump campaign was receiving information from Russia. The FBI worked on this for over a year finding no conspiracy, before they turned the investigation over to Mueller, who found none either.

You see what you want to see, not the facts.

shmogie

The movie is about political violence.

Is that a half truth or a conspiracy theory ?
How do you know the hunters are liberals?[/QUOTE]
Because the director said they were elitist left wing liberal sympathizers.

shmogie

So where's your source?

That the movie is based on democrats targeting trump supporters.

The movie is not based on political violence. Your sources lied to you.

I'm not offended. You seem to have issues with conspiracy theories.
So, the movie isn´t about political violence, pray tell, what is it about ?

shmogie

It's about globalist elites hunting people for sport
Globalist elites ? Just elites as far as I can tell.

What name do these elites use to describe their prey ?

Deploreables. Wow a total co incidence that this is the name used today by many liberals, including, their last Presidential candidate, to describe the people who aren´t part of their program.

Amazing coincidence !!

Of course, there are really no liberal elites globalist or otherwise, and calling people to be hunted down and killed deploreables, has nothing to do with Trump supporters.

shmogie

Still waiting for proof. Let's see where that's true.
He said they were elites hunting deploreables. Do you require a drawing ?

In todays context, who are the deploreables ? Who would like to eliminate them ? Rich Republicans ?

Curious George

Veteran Member
There is too much violent crime in the US, but it's not due to media violence. It has more to do with poverty and social issues.
While I agree with poverty as being a problem, I think that you would have a very hard time disentangling "social issues" from culture. Media both reflects and affects culture. I am not seeing where our opinions differ here.

Racism, domestic violence, vigilante justice, lack of empathy...those are all, in part, cultural problems.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Globalist elites ? Just elites as far as I can tell.
Correct, elites. Globalist doesn't matter.
What name do these elites use to describe their prey ?
Haven't seen the movie.
Deploreables. Wow a total co incidence that this is the name used today by many liberals, including, their last Presidential candidate, to describe the people who aren´t part of their program.
Wrong, no where is deplorables used. Have you not been paying attention to this thread?
Amazing coincidence !!
Only if you're a conspiracy theorist.

Of course, there are really no liberal elites globalist or otherwise, and calling people to be hunted down and killed deploreables, has nothing to do with Trump supporters.
You have issues.
Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don’t know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen… for a very specific purpose … The Hunt.

In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt humans for sport. But the elites’ master plan is about to be derailed because one of the hunted, Crystal (Betty Gilpin, GLOW), knows The Hunters’ game better than they do. She turns the tables on the killers, picking them off, one by one, as she makes her way toward the mysterious woman (two-time Oscar® winner Hilary Swank) at the center of it all.

From Jason Blum, the producer of Get Out and The Purge series, and Damon Lindelof, co-creator of the TV series The Leftovers and Lost, comes a new mysterious social thriller.

The Hunt is written by Lindelof and his fellow The Leftovers’ collaborator Nick Cuse and is directed by Craig Zobel (Z for Zachariah, The Leftovers). Blum produces for his Blumhouse Productions alongside Lindelof. The film is executive produced by Zobel, Cuse and Steven R. Molen.
The Hunt | Movie Synopsis and Cast | September 27, 2019

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is too much violent crime in the US, but it's not due to media violence. It has more to do with poverty and social issues.
How can you know that?
While I oppose censoring them, violent games & movies could
possibly influence the culture in a more violent direction.
People will say "Studies prove otherwise!".
I'm skeptical. More thought is appropriate.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
While I agree with poverty as being a problem, I think that you would have a very hard time disentangling "social issues" from culture. Media both reflects and affects culture. I am not seeing where our opinions differ here.

Racism, domestic violence, vigilante justice, lack of empathy...those are all, in part, cultural problems.
What violent video games was Hitler playing? Please provide evidence that violent media causes real-world violence. I already mentioned that the research doesn't support what you're saying.