• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE HUNT, new movie

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have been pretty unrelenting in my criticism of todayś society, and it´s major contribution to the violence we see today.

Here is a prime example.

In September a new movie, called THE HUNT will be released.

The premise is simple. Rich progressives legally hunt and murder Conservatives and Trump supporters.

From the clips I have seen, it is raw with violence.

It is supposedly a satire, and perhaps most viewers will understand that. However, I have no doubt that it will embolden some lefty ANTIFA types to more violence.

Violence and threats of violence have become part of the hardcore lefts playbook.

If you are a politician and disagree with them, you are fair game to harassment, or worse. Ask Steve Scalise.

I have not heard one prominent democrat criticize ANTIFA for their beating of a Conservative reporter in Portland. Portland, being a left wing city, allows ANTIFA to run wild. The police watched as a mob beat and seriously injured this man, and no arrests have ever been made.

The hunt is the ultimate lefty dream, as our society becomes more debased. I think we are about circling the drain now, how long before we go down ?
As long as they are not hunting rabbits.

Violence and threats have always been a part of the extremist playbook. Any extreme.

sooda

Veteran Member
No, I've never heard of it until you mentioned it. I only saw a summary of it and it described it as a war between nationalists and globalists. I didn't see anything about race.

I was talking about Scraglands. I have seen it.. I believe the director/producer was going to sell DVDs at Trump rallies.

tytlyf

Not Religious
After days of seeming to focus on comforting mass-shooting victims, pushing expanded background checks for gun purchases, lashing out at political nemeses, and making fun of Fox host Shepard Smith, President Trump took time out of his busy Friday to highlight yet another personal grievance: an upcoming “Racist” movie from “Liberal Hollywood,” the satirical point of which the president couldn’t understand or seemingly didn’t care to grasp.

“Hollywood, I don't call them the elites,” Trump complained to reporters at the White House on Friday. “I think the elites are people they go after in many cases, but Hollywood is really terrible. You're talking about racists? Hollywood is racist.”

Liberal Hollywood is Racist at the highest level, and with great Anger and Hate! They like to call themselves “Elite,” but they are not Elite. In fact, it is often the people that they so strongly oppose that are actually the Elite. The movie coming out is made in order....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 9, 2019

He added, “What they’re doing with the kind of movies they're putting out, it's actually very dangerous for our country. What Hollywood is doing is a tremendous disservice to our country.”
See, now we have the Fox news president believing the conspiracy theory. Believing lies. This is why radical RW media is dangerous.

People don't fact check and/or use their limited common sense.

sooda

Veteran Member
See, now we have the Fox news president believing the conspiracy theory. Believing lies. This is why radical RW media is dangerous.

Trump is shifting your attention to Hollywood. He's saying they are racists, not him.

shmogie

Imagine that...... all the Democrats in the World, glued to that film. 'Orrible, them Democrats......

So were you. You watched it.
I didn´t watch it, I read about it and saw some short clips.

What if the movie was about Republicans hunting Democrats, would that satisfy your political hurt ?

My post wasn´t about politics, it was about glorification of violence within a political context.

Crazy lefties, crazy righties, feed on the violence, and act it out in reality.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I didn´t watch it, I read about it and saw some short clips.

What if the movie was about Republicans hunting Democrats, would that satisfy your political hurt ?

My post wasn´t about politics, it was about glorification of violence within a political context.

Crazy lefties, crazy righties, feed on the violence, and act it out in reality.
Your post was false from the beginning. Just accept the fact you believed a conspiracy theory from a radical far-right source.
Elitists, like in the movie, would be capitalist overlords anyways. And liberals don't hunt. But you don't hear bizarre made up conspiracy theories from democrats ever.

What are you talking about ? Who, what, when ?

Your OP. "There's a film coming out that I haven't seen and neither has anyone else yet it may or may not have certain content in it that may or may not make a certain political point therefore the left are bad".

People who criticise stuff they haven't watched frequently get the wrong end of the stick, especially when they are criticising something they haven't watched specifically to make a partisan point.

I remember before The Revenant came out people were saying that Leonardo di Caprio's character got raped by a bear. I'm sure someone somewhere was whining about such disgusting content and using it as an inditement on modern society too. Thing is, no one got raped by a bear and it was all just BS.

Come back when you've watched the film, actually know what's in it, and also how it is portrayed in context.

If you want to criticise "today's society" then why not start with criticising those who throw about half-baked accusations before there is solid evidence they are correct. I'm sure you would criticise "the left" for doing likewise after all.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I remember before The Revenant came out people were saying that Leonardo di Caprio's character got raped by a bear. I'm sure someone somewhere was whining about such disgusting content and using it as an inditement on modern society too. Thing is, no one got raped by a bear and it was all just BS.
That was another RW hoax. Radical RW outlets spread that rumor. As usual, the tea party supporters all believed it.

About
The Revenant Bear Rape Rumor refers to false claims that the protagonist Hugh Glass (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) is brutally raped by a bear during a scene in the 2015 Western adventure film The Revenant. The rumor was widely circulated online after being mistakenly reported by the news aggregation website The Drudge Report.

Origin
On December 1st, 2015, The Drudge Report[1] published an article reporting that a wild bear is shown raping Leonardo DiCaprio in the upcoming film The Revenant.

"The bear flips Leo over and thrusts and thrusts during the explicit mauling. 'He is raped -- twice!' Not to be outdone, DiCaprio rips open a horse and sleeps naked in its carcass!"

Spread
The same day, Entertainment Weekly[4] quoted a Fox Studios spokesperson who claimed the bear in the scene was a female protecting her cubs and that "there is clearly no rape scene with the a bear." Meanwhile, the TomoNews US YouTube channel uploaded a video about the rumors titled "Bear rape movie?" (shown below, left). Also on December 1st, 2015, YouTube Kenneth Webster posted an narrated video in which DiCaprio is viciously raped by a bear in a parody of the 1997 romantic disaster film Titanic(shown below, right).
The Revenant Bear Rape Rumor | Know Your Meme

shmogie

Do you think that this trait is purely a right wing phenomena ?

For two years prominent democrat politicians told us of all the vast amounts of evidence that would prove that the Trump campaign was in the pocket of the Russians. Schiff of Ca. reeled off all kinds of stuff that he said he knew about.

The Mueller report, we were told, would prove Trump was an asset of the Russian intelligence services.

The report came out and proved it all to be a pack of lies. Most democrats apparently believed their leaders.

So, who swallows lies without evidence ?

Trump shoots his mouth and foot off on a daily basis. He is his own worst enemy.

I think his gaffes are despicable, he is almost as bad as Biden.

Nevertheless, the vast conspiracy touted for two years by the democrat talking heads was pure BS.

People who criticise stuff they haven't watched frequently get the wrong end of the stick, especially when they are criticising something they haven't watched specifically to make a partisan point.

Come back when you've watched the film, actually know what's in it, and also how it is portrayed in context.

If you want to criticise "today's society" then why not start with criticising those who throw about half-baked accusations before there is solid evidence they are correct. I'm sure you would criticise "the left" for doing likewise after all.[/QUOTE]

shmogie

Your OP. "There's a film coming out that I haven't seen and neither has anyone else yet it may or may not have certain content in it that may or may not make a certain political point therefore the left are bad".

If you want to criticise "today's society" then why not start with criticising those who throw about half-baked accusations before there is solid evidence they are correct. I'm sure you would criticise "the left" for doing likewise after all.
LOL, if one reads an interview with the movies director about the film, and sees clips of people being hunted by other people with shotguns, one has a very clear idea of what the movie is without watching it.

Throwing around half baked accusations before there is solid evidence they are correct.

Are you talking about the two years of accusations about Russian collusion ? Or, Trump being an asset of Russian intelligence ?

I am sure you are, since this is the most egregious recent example of bombardment of lies over years, greedily accepted by a large part of the population.

If you want to criticise "today's society" then why not start with criticising those who throw about half-baked accusations before there is solid evidence they are correct. I'm sure you would criticise "the left" for doing likewise after all.[/QUOTE]