• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anti-Ten Commandments - The New America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suncowiam

Personally, I think the government should be totally free of Christians and Christian ideals. We can start by voting all Christians out of office, they're poofters, anyhow. Take down all the crosses, take God out of the pledge of allegiance, make ten anti-commandments. Let's eradicate this country of Christianity and ban all Christian activities and artifacts.

1. Thou shalt not believe in any God.
2. Love yourself, let your neighbor just do the best he can. And stay off me property!
3. Say whatever you want, it's just words.
4. Black Sabbath isnt holy but neither are any of our daughters, either.
5. Your parents don't know Jack. Obey Carl Sagan and no preaching allowed!
6. If you can get away with murder, what's stopping you? Kill the *******! OJ got away with it!
7. If it feels good, do it! Marriage don't mean nothing anyhow, just get a divorce later.
8. Steal, just dont get caught. Getting caught is an embarrassment to our society!
9. Lies are better than the truth 99% of the time. So lie you're *** off, just don't get caught!
10. This is the free for all commandment. Remember, you can get away with just about anything, so do it!

You voted for Trump?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I understand. But I am less tolerant as I have found that this search for bringing back the lost "purity" of the good old days of religion, society, nation or ethnic virtues is the seed from which the venom of fundamentalism and fascism grows.

Well, yeah, that seems to be one of the selling points of those ideologies - hearkening to some mythic, "glorious" past.

But the same seed can also lead to a more positive outcome, depending on how it is used. After all, we did eventually end those egregious policies and made an effort to reform somewhat. It took time, and some might feel that we still have a long way to go. But our history is also filled with those who have made a great and sincere effort to make things better.

But when we look back on our history, it can still be balanced. We can talk about the good times as well as the bad, as long it doesn't get too one-sided one way or the other.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Posting a scripture verse from a specific religious book in a public service office is wrong regardless of content.
Why are you pretending to be so naive? It's dishonest.
I guess I disagree, or at least I wish I could disagree.

The validity of a message is not supposed to depend on whether it is considered religious by any specific group.

On the other hand, I don't think I can in good faith support proselitism of god-beliefs by civil servants.

MonkeyFire

2. Love yourself, let your neighbor just do the best he can. And stay off me property!
6. If you can get away with murder, what's stopping you? Kill the *******! OJ got away with it!
7. If it feels good, do it! Marriage don't mean nothing anyhow, just get a divorce later.
8. Steal, just dont get caught. Getting caught is an embarrassment to our society!
9. Lies are better than the truth 99% of the time. So lie you're *** off, just don't get caught!
10. This is the free for all commandment. Remember, you can get away with just about anything, so do it!

1. I DO believe in God
2. Love thyself, your neighbor, everything in between and don't stop loving. This is the way of nirvana.
3. Words are things and natures. Take power as a literal thing.
4. Black Sabbath is the greatest heavy metal band ever.
5. God doesn't preach, his foot soilders do.
6. Well I'm passive.
7. Heathen
8. Thief are bad to good things.
9. I experience this.
10. If your good.

DavidFirth

I guess I disagree, or at least I wish I could disagree.

The validity of a message is not supposed to depend on whether it is considered religious by any specific group.

On the other hand, I don't think I can in good faith support proselitism of god-beliefs by civil servants.

But you do support non-God "proselitism" by civil servants? Like taking down crosses and bad mouthing religions?

Or is a civil servant supposed to be robotic?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
But you do support non-God "proselitism" by civil servants?

Tell me how to recognize such a thing and maybe I will know what to answer.

What would "non-God proselitism" even be?

Like taking down crosses and bad mouthing religions?

I would have to decide on an individual case basis, I suppose.

In any case, it is certainly not proper for a civil servant to go out of his way to protect any given doctrine's reputation.

Respect for freedom of belief (and of disbelief) is hardly possible only for "robotic" beings.

Jumi

I think you need to take a few deep breaths, reflect upon things, and ponder where the source of your rant and "anti-commandments" come from. Such as, Sagan, Hawking, Dawkins, Harris, none of them would advocate for murder or theft, and would say if it feels good do it. Rather, their morality is much simpler than a list of commandments, easily summed up as "harm none." Harris believes rather than science can provide us with an objective set of morality, and many feel that morality is something we evolved to have to aid in group cohesion given we are social animals (something Darwin speculated).
I have a hard time figuring how Carl Sagan fits in with these "new commandments". I hope it's not a secret jab against his Jewish origins.

Vee

Premium Member
The use of empathy, sympathy and common sense like the golden rule suffice nicely.

You are absolutely right but the problem with common sense is that it's so hard to find these days, it should be renamed to something like "extremely rare sense".

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But you do support non-God "proselitism" by civil servants? Like taking down crosses and bad mouthing religions?

Civil servants should STFU about religion when performing their official duties.

As long as any religion can get equal space (and there's a space for atheists), I see no problem with religious symbols. But I know some would violently object to having an Islamic symbol next to the cross along with a satanic one.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Personally, I think the government should be totally free of Christians and Christian ideals. We can start by voting all Christians out of office, they're poofters, anyhow. Take down all the crosses, take God out of the pledge of allegiance, make ten anti-commandments. Let's eradicate this country of Christianity and ban all Christian activities and artifacts.

This is just precious.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Personally, I think the government should be totally free of Christians and Christian ideals. We can start by voting all Christians out of office, they're poofters, anyhow. Take down all the crosses, and take God out of the pledge of allegiance.
These is all reasonable, and in the interest of American values of inclusion, secular government, etc.
make ten anti-commandments. Let's eradicate this country of Christianity and ban all Christian activities and artifacts.

The rest is just very silly and absurd. No one (other than maybe sociopaths) would want anything of the sort. So, is this just a straw-man?

DavidFirth

These is all reasonable, and in the interest of American values of inclusion, secular government, etc.

The rest is just very silly and absurd. No one (other than maybe sociopaths) would want anything of the sort. So, is this just a straw-man?

It's where we're headed. You don't like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.