• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anti-Ten Commandments - The New America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidFirth

Personally, I think the government should be totally free of Christians and Christian ideals. We can start by voting all Christians out of office, they're poofters, anyhow. Take down all the crosses, take God out of the pledge of allegiance, make ten anti-commandments. Let's eradicate this country of Christianity and ban all Christian activities and artifacts.

1. Thou shalt not believe in any God.
2. Love yourself, let your neighbor just do the best he can. And stay off me property!
3. Say whatever you want, it's just words.
4. Black Sabbath isnt holy but neither are any of our daughters, either.
5. Your parents don't know Jack. Obey Carl Sagan and no preaching allowed!
6. If you can get away with murder, what's stopping you? Kill the *******! OJ got away with it!
7. If it feels good, do it! Marriage don't mean nothing anyhow, just get a divorce later.
8. Steal, just dont get caught. Getting caught is an embarrassment to our society!
9. Lies are better than the truth 99% of the time. So lie you're *** off, just don't get caught!
10. This is the free for all commandment. Remember, you can get away with just about anything, so do it!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I think the government should be totally free of Christians and Christian ideals. We can start by voting all Christians out of office, they're poofters, anyhow. Take down all the crosses, take God out of the pledge of allegiance, make ten anti-commandments. Let's eradicate this country of Christianity and ban all Christian activities and artifacts.

2. Love yourself, let your neighbor just do the best he can. And stay off me property!
6. If you can get away with murder, what's stopping you? Kill the *******! OJ got away with it!
7. If it feels good, do it! Marriage don't mean nothing anyhow, just get a divorce later.
8. Steal, just dont get caught. Getting caught is an embarrassment to our society!
9. Lies are better than the truth 99% of the time. So lie you're *** off, just don't get caught!
10. This is the free for all commandment. Remember, you can get away with just about anything, so do it!
I can roll with it. Some are questionable, but overall better than the original ten.

The humanist version is far far better.
Here's a Secular Alternative to the Ten Commandments

1. Be open-minded and be willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence. (Jeremy Jimenez)

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true. (Matthew Main)

3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world. (Isaiah Jackson)

4. Every person has the right to control of their body. (Chris Lager)

5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life. (John Roso)

6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them. (Jamie Andrews)

7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective. (Carol Fly)

8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations. (Michael Marr)

9. There is no one right way to live. (Eli Chisholm)

10. Leave the world a better place than you found it. (Maury McCoy)

I would be far more happier living in a secular humanist society with the above ten Commandments than in a Abrahamic society with the Biblical ones.

The Hindu "suggestions" from Yogasutra are also very good. These are:-

The 5 principles

1. Ahiṃsā (अहिंसा): Nonviolence, non-harming other living beings[12]
  2. Satya (सत्य): truthfulness, non-falsehood[12][13]
  3. Asteya (अस्तेय): non-stealing[12][14]
  4. Brahmacharya (ब्रह्मचर्य): chastity,[13] marital fidelity or sexual restraint[15]
  5. Aparigraha (अपरिग्रहः): non-avarice,[12] non-possessiveness[13]
And the 5 practices
  1. Śauca (शौच): purity, clearness of mind, speech and body[7]
  2. Santoṣa (सन्तोष): contentment, acceptance of others and of one's circumstances as they are, optimism for self[2]
  3. Tapas (तपस): austerity, self-discipline,[8] persistent meditation, perseverance[9][10]
  4. Svādhyāya (स्वाध्याय): study of self, self-reflection, introspection of self's thoughts, speeches and actions[10][11]
  5. Īśvarapraṇidhāna (ईश्वरप्रणिधान): contemplation of the Ishvara (God/Supreme Being, Brahman, True Self, Unchanging Reality),[2][12] attunement to the supreme consciousness[13]

So... what reason do you have to prefer Bibles' Commandments than the two alternatives I quote here?

DavidFirth

Well, first you've got to get rid of those pesky Christians. They ain't gonna give their ten commandments up. You know, that old "We ought to obey God rather than men" stuff and all. Time to just ban Christianity all together. Morality is defined by each human in his own right, after all.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, first you've got to get rid of those pesky Christians. They ain't gonna give their ten commandments up. You know, that old "We ought to obey God rather than men" stuff and all. Time to just ban Christianity all together. Morality is defined by each human in his own right, after all.
Choose to follow what you want. We will follow what we think is far far better. You are open to adopt it yourself, or not. But the state won't be run by your primitive Commandments.

And yes, we shall have 300 million Gods before Him. Tell Him to get in line like every other God wannabe.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Really I don't think people have much issue with Jesus even other religions or lack of. We could be so lucky if more people were actually Christ like. Try not to be too hard on your religion, lol.

DavidFirth

Choose to follow what you want. We will follow what we think is far far better. You are open to adopt it yourself, or not. But the state won't be run by your primitive Commandments.

No, of course not. Just do whatever you want. Just don't get caught unless you're rich enough to pay the high class lawyers! And if you see a cross on the side of the road - just take it down, use it for firewood. It's high time we showed these Christians whose really in charge here!

DavidFirth

Really I don't think people have much issue with Jesus even other religions or lack of. We could be so lucky if more people were actually Christ like. Try not to be too hard on your religion, lol.

Are you kidding me? Count how many anti-Christian threads we have here vs. How many Pro-Christian threads. It's time to just shove all these pesky Christians out of the way of progress! Ban them and close down all the churches!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Doable, but I prefer these...

(Also known as The Eight Condiments)

#1 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t act like a sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou *** when describing my Noodly Goodness. If some people don’t believe in Me, that’s okay. Really, I’m not that vain. Besides, this isn’t about them so don’t change the subject.

#2 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t use my existence as a means to oppress, subjugate, punish, eviscerate, and/or, you know, be mean to others. I don’t require sacrifices, and purity is for drinking water, not people.

#3 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t judge people for the way they look, or how they dress, or the way they talk, or, well, just play nice, okay? Oh, and get this through your thick heads: Woman = Person. Man = Person. Samey – Samey. One is not better than the other, unless we’re talking about fashion and I’m sorry, but I gave that to women and some guys who know the difference between teal and fuchsia.

#4 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t indulge in conduct that offends yourself, or your willing, consenting partner of legal age AND mental maturity. As for anyone who might object, I think the expression is "Go f*** yourself, unless they find that offensive in which case they can turn off the TV for once and go for a walk for a change."

#5 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t challenge the bigoted, misogynist, hateful ideas of others on an empty stomach. eat, then go after the B*******.

#6 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t build multimillion-dollar churches/temples/mosques/shrines to my Noodly Goodness when the money could be better spent (Take your pick):1. Ending poverty 2. Curing diseases 3. Living in peace, Loving with passion, And lowering the cost of cable. I might be a Complex-Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, but I enjoy the simple things in life. I ought to know. I AM the Creator.

#7 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t go around telling people I talk to you. You’re not that Interesting. Get over yourself. And I told you to love your fellow man, can’t you take a hint?

#8 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" if you are into, um, stuff that uses a lot of leather/lubricant/Las Vegas. If the other person is Into it, however (Pursuant to #4), then have at it, take pictures, and for the love of Mike, wear a CONDOM! Honestly, it’s a piece of rubber. If i didn’t want it to feel good when you did it I would have added spikes, or something.

The Eight I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, of course not. Just do whatever you want. Just don't get caught unless you're rich enough to pay the high class lawyers! And if you see a cross on the side of the road - just take it down, use it for firewood. It's high time we showed these Christians whose really in charge here!
Xians run government.
Tis rare for a pol to have any other religion, or a non-religion.

You want real trouble?
Wait til I take over.
Boooowhahahaahahahahahhahhahahhaahha, etc!

DavidFirth

Doable, but I prefer these...

(Also known as The Eight Condiments)

#1 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t act like a sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou *** when describing my Noodly Goodness. If some people don’t believe in Me, that’s okay. Really, I’m not that vain. Besides, this isn’t about them so don’t change the subject.

#2 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t use my existence as a means to oppress, subjugate, punish, eviscerate, and/or, you know, be mean to others. I don’t require sacrifices, and purity is for drinking water, not people.

#3 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t judge people for the way they look, or how they dress, or the way they talk, or, well, just play nice, okay? Oh, and get this through your thick heads: Woman = Person. Man = Person. Samey – Samey. One is not better than the other, unless we’re talking about fashion and I’m sorry, but I gave that to women and some guys who know the difference between teal and fuchsia.

#4 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t indulge in conduct that offends yourself, or your willing, consenting partner of legal age AND mental maturity. As for anyone who might object, I think the expression is "Go f*** yourself, unless they find that offensive in which case they can turn off the TV for once and go for a walk for a change."

#5 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t challenge the bigoted, misogynist, hateful ideas of others on an empty stomach. eat, then go after the B*******.

#6 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t build multimillion-dollar churches/temples/mosques/shrines to my Noodly Goodness when the money could be better spent (Take your pick):1. Ending poverty 2. Curing diseases 3. Living in peace, Loving with passion, And lowering the cost of cable. I might be a Complex-Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, but I enjoy the simple things in life. I ought to know. I AM the Creator.

#7 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t go around telling people I talk to you. You’re not that Interesting. Get over yourself. And I told you to love your fellow man, can’t you take a hint?

#8 I’d Really Rather You Didn’t "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" if you are into, um, stuff that uses a lot of leather/lubricant/Las Vegas. If the other person is Into it, however (Pursuant to #4), then have at it, take pictures, and for the love of Mike, wear a CONDOM! Honestly, it’s a piece of rubber. If i didn’t want it to feel good when you did it I would have added spikes, or something.

The Eight I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts

No, no, those suck. Not humanist or atheist enough. Every man and woman for his or herself, that's the New America. If you can't keep up then go live in a cardboard box and get out of the way of progress! And for heavens sake, key a Christian's car or something while you're at it.

DavidFirth

Xians run government.
Tis rare for a pol to have any other religion, or a non-religion.

You want real trouble?
Wait til I take over.
Boooowhahahaahahahahahhahhahahhaahha, etc!

No, no, we can't offend anybody. Except Christians, they're free game! How dare they preach morality to us! We know who is going to the bank to make a stash and it ain't them.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
No, no, those suck. Not humanist or atheist enough.

Aren't they, though? When we speak of morals and ethics, do they need to be associated with some form of divinity to make them valid? Can't one follow these principles from the secular side? Why does one need to be commanded from God or the Flying Spaghetti Monster to follow these basic human morals?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not humanist or atheist enough. Every man and woman for his or herself
Humanism isn't dog-eat-dog everybody for themselves. It isn't promoting murder or theft. It doesn't say obey Carl Sagan.
As for atheism, saying they have set doctrine of morality and dogma doesn't work because for starters they don't have such things like a "10 Commandments" to tell them how to be a good person, and also it's like trying to say all theists follow the same set of morality and dogma when clearly they don't because Wiccans and Hindus and Christians and Jews all have different approaches to those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.