• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anti-Ten Commandments - The New America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidFirth

Where on earth do you get the idea that this is where we are headed? It seems like a completely ludicrous notion, but I am all ears when it comes to evidence ... so, please, feed me!

If you can't see that is the direction we are headed in then just don't worry about it. You're fine.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have a hard time figuring how Carl Sagan fits in with these "new commandments". I hope it's not a secret jab against his Jewish origins.
I think it's more just because he was a prominent scientist, perhaps in the same way it's often Dawkins or Harris brought up. It does, however, make me wonder if the the OP is aware the much like Einstein and Tyson, Sagan stated he was not an atheist.
If you can't see that is the direction we are headed in then just don't worry about it. You're fine.
It's not where we are heading. No one is encouraging us to do what we want so long as we don't get caught, rather we aren't policing morality like we used to and instead of focusing on an ancient list (that people can't even agree what's on that list anyways) we are starting more to focus on just not harming others and minding our own business when it comes to consenting adults doing what they will in private. There is no push to encourage children to obey Sagan (and probably not enough children know who he was or how he brought the wonder, awe, and fascination of science to multiple generations) and that their parents know nothing. And your rants have revealed you don't even know what Humanism is if you think it's having everybody fend for themselves. And what movement is going on that encourages lying to tells people dishonesty is a virtue?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Does anyone find it odd that we have laws against murder but a judge can't put up a sign that says "Thou shalt not kill"?

Nope, because that's an over simplification. What if your local school had a sign that said "Sacrifice a goat to Satan and eat your vegetables."? Would it be acceptable since eating vegetables is good, healthy advice?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This thread needs to be moved to the joke section since no serious, sincere debate is taking place (the same fallacies keep getting regurgitated despite being repeatedly refuted), and in fact is becoming borderline spam.

Rational Agnostic

Personally, I think the government should be totally free of Christians and Christian ideals. We can start by voting all Christians out of office, they're poofters, anyhow. Take down all the crosses, take God out of the pledge of allegiance, make ten anti-commandments. Let's eradicate this country of Christianity and ban all Christian activities and artifacts.

1. Thou shalt not believe in any God.
2. Love yourself, let your neighbor just do the best he can. And stay off me property!
3. Say whatever you want, it's just words.
4. Black Sabbath isnt holy but neither are any of our daughters, either.
5. Your parents don't know Jack. Obey Carl Sagan and no preaching allowed!
6. If you can get away with murder, what's stopping you? Kill the *******! OJ got away with it!
7. If it feels good, do it! Marriage don't mean nothing anyhow, just get a divorce later.
8. Steal, just dont get caught. Getting caught is an embarrassment to our society!
9. Lies are better than the truth 99% of the time. So lie you're *** off, just don't get caught!
10. This is the free for all commandment. Remember, you can get away with just about anything, so do it!

I don't understand why you injected Carl Sagan into this nonsense.....

lostwanderingsoul

Suppose a judge put up a sign in the courtroom that said "You must not kill other people". He is not exactly quoting the Bible but the idea is the same. Acceptable or not?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Bash the Christians! Good riddance to them and their crosses!
This bashing of Christians is not allowed. If Christians weren't so interested in debating their brothers there would be almost no anti-Christian threads. Christians can't even agree on a Christ or bible thing, that's not the fault of the system.

Aldrnari

This thread reminds me of how my friends and family complain about how christians are always marginalized, yet i can't have an honest conversation about god with them without cynical, sarcastic, or defensive answers for even the most basic or surface questions.

This forum does have a disproportionate amount of people (mostly atheists, it seems) voicing their disdain for christianity, but I think some of that might come from the frustration they experience when trying to engage in honest dialogue with their friends and family on these deeper matters without dismissive attitudes.

Or maybe it's just me, heh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.