• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anti-Ten Commandments - The New America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Humanism isn't dog-eat-dog everybody for themselves. It isn't promoting murder or theft. It doesn't say obey Carl Sagan.
As for atheism, saying they have set doctrine of morality and dogma doesn't work because for starters they don't have such things like a "10 Commandments" to tell them how to be a good person, and also it's like trying to say all theists follow the same set of morality and dogma when clearly they don't because Wiccans and Hindus and Christians and Jews all have different approaches to those things.
Even various translations of the Bible has different ones listed. For example:

Theft

Some academic theologians, including German Old Testament scholar Albrecht Alt: Das Verbot des Diebstahls im Dekalog (1953), suggest that the commandment translated as "thou shalt not steal" was originally intended against stealing people—against abductions and slavery, in agreement with the Talmudic interpretation of the statement as "thou shalt not kidnap" (Sanhedrin 86a).

Adultery
Originally this commandment forbade male Israelites from having sexual intercourse with the wife of another Israelite; the prohibition did not extend to their own slaves. Sexual intercourse between an Israelite man, married or not, and a woman who was neither married nor betrothed was not considered adultery.[102] This concept of adultery stems from the economic aspect of Israelite marriage whereby the husband has an exclusive right to his wife, whereas the wife, as the husband's possession, did not have an exclusive right to her husband.[103]

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Personally, I think the government should be totally free of Christians and Christian ideals. We can start by voting all Christians out of office, they're poofters, anyhow. Take down all the crosses, take God out of the pledge of allegiance, make ten anti-commandments. Let's eradicate this country of Christianity and ban all Christian activities and artifacts.

1. Thou shalt not believe in any God.
2. Love yourself, let your neighbor just do the best he can. And stay off me property!
3. Say whatever you want, it's just words.
4. Black Sabbath isnt holy but neither are any of our daughters, either.
5. Your parents don't know Jack. Obey Carl Sagan and no preaching allowed!
6. If you can get away with murder, what's stopping you? Kill the *******! OJ got away with it!
7. If it feels good, do it! Marriage don't mean nothing anyhow, just get a divorce later.
8. Steal, just dont get caught. Getting caught is an embarrassment to our society!
9. Lies are better than the truth 99% of the time. So lie you're *** off, just don't get caught!
10. This is the free for all commandment. Remember, you can get away with just about anything, so do it!

That's a weird set of commandments. Here's a remake:

1. Believe in the religion, moral, or path that calls to you.
2. Don't forsake your own path for someone else's truth
3. Don't speak ill of your religion and the religion of others
4. Always keep an honest and truthful heart on the path you've chosen
5. Always treat everyone including yourself with respect and love
6. Respect life and the life of other
7. Be honest and respectful to those who you "like"
8. Respect other's property as you respect them
9. Always share the truth not to lie at the expense of your own
10. Don't try to convert someone from their path to your own

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Even various translations of the Bible has different ones listed. For example:

Theft

Some academic theologians, including German Old Testament scholar Albrecht Alt: Das Verbot des Diebstahls im Dekalog (1953), suggest that the commandment translated as "thou shalt not steal" was originally intended against stealing people—against abductions and slavery, in agreement with the Talmudic interpretation of the statement as "thou shalt not kidnap" (Sanhedrin 86a).

Adultery
Originally this commandment forbade male Israelites from having sexual intercourse with the wife of another Israelite; the prohibition did not extend to their own slaves. Sexual intercourse between an Israelite man, married or not, and a woman who was neither married nor betrothed was not considered adultery.[102] This concept of adultery stems from the economic aspect of Israelite marriage whereby the husband has an exclusive right to his wife, whereas the wife, as the husband's possession, did not have an exclusive right to her husband.[103]
There was a thread here not too long ago mentioning that it originally "thou shalt not kill" but rather "thou shalt not murder." There is a very big difference between kill and murder.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No, of course not. Just do whatever you want. Just don't get caught unless you're rich enough to pay the high class lawyers! And if you see a cross on the side of the road - just take it down, use it for firewood. It's high time we showed these Christians whose really in charge here!
No. Wood burning contributes to global warming. Can be used to make furniture though. Saves trees if we reuse crosses for beams.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I think the government should be totally free of Christians and Christian ideals. We can start by voting all Christians out of office, they're poofters, anyhow. Take down all the crosses, take God out of the pledge of allegiance, make ten anti-commandments. Let's eradicate this country of Christianity and ban all Christian activities and artifacts.

2. Love yourself, let your neighbor just do the best he can. And stay off me property!
6. If you can get away with murder, what's stopping you? Kill the *******! OJ got away with it!
7. If it feels good, do it! Marriage don't mean nothing anyhow, just get a divorce later.
8. Steal, just dont get caught. Getting caught is an embarrassment to our society!
9. Lies are better than the truth 99% of the time. So lie you're *** off, just don't get caught!
10. This is the free for all commandment. Remember, you can get away with just about anything, so do it!
By the way, the frustration that you are feeling and caused you to write this OP is because your mistaken beliefs and tenacious clinging to these beliefs due to attachment has led you away from the true Reality and the true God behind it. Thus, like a sweater worn on a summer day, Reality is telling you that your beliefs and practices are contrary to Truth. True beliefs and true practices lead to peace within and without and friendly harmony with the world, society and the universe regardless of one's position in it (viz. Gandhi, Mandela, Dalai Lama). That you sorely lack it is obvious, and you should consider being open enough to cast aside the ill-fitting itchy belief system you are so hell-bent on keeping on. They are for You, the true-Being, and not you for them.

Just friendly advice. The choice of course is yours as always friend.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"Waaah, we Christians no longer hold the same level of power and influence in this country that we once did, therefore we're victims so here is a ridiculous straw man that suggests everything is inverted, backwards and upside down when we're not in control."

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
And it's growing all the time. :p

Herbert Hoover promised “a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage”. We got a god in every kadai (ok, so I’ve done better, I was desperate :D).

QuestioningMind

Hey, if that's the list you come up with on your own then you DEFINITELY need an old book to tell you how to behave morally. Fortunately most of us simply follow the basic rule that if I wouldn't want someone else to do that to me, then maybe I shouldn't do that to someone else. But if that's too difficult for you, please DO refer to the 10 commandments.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
"Waaah, we Christians no longer hold the same level of power and influence in this country that we once did, therefore we're victims so here is a ridiculous straw man that suggests everything is inverted, backwards and upside down when we're not in control."
I still remember while I was Christian being taught for years and years the world was out to get us. It's sinful, evil, and just waiting to devour us, and everyone was itching to discriminate against us. But, I quickly learned that just wasn't the case, and the first person to treat me poorly over religion wasn't some random anti-Christ out to persecute Christians, it was a Christian who insisted I was demonically possessed and one of Satan's minions after I left the Church and picked up Wicca. I never got any glares or stares over wearing a cross, but I was mean mugged a few times over wearing a pentagram.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
579911_426626447370601_615950686_n_t.jpg

persecution.jpg

Christian-Persecution.jpg

MiFiO.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The problem with the Ten Commandments is that over half of them are worthless. And to make it worse most Christians have no clue as to what the Ten Commandments are.

As we know Christians love to carve the Ten Commandments on stone and try to put them where they do not belong.

And I do not like to make claims without supporting them. As usual I should be willing to define the terms that I am using. So let's hear first if this is okay with Christians. The Ten Commandments are the ten orders from God that he carved into rock and gave to Moses. They are also called the "Ten Commandments" in the Bible.

Does that sound reasonable to you?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The problem with the Ten Commandments is that over half of them are worthless. And to make it worse most Christians have no clue as to what the Ten Commandments are.

As we know Christians love to carve the Ten Commandments on stone and try to put them where they do not belong.

And I do not like to make claims without supporting them. As usual I should be willing to define the terms that I am using. So let's hear first if this is okay with Christians. The Ten Commandments are the ten orders from God that he carved into rock and gave to Moses. They are also called the "Ten Commandments" in the Bible.
And not to mention there is some inconsistency as to what "the 10" are exactly.
Ten Commandments - Wikipedia

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't think it's wrong to call those caught up in politics "christian pharisees" who are trying to tell "Caesar" what laws should be passed.

The Christians I know personally don't feel oppressed. They go about their business trying to be of service to the "least of these" in different ways. And they often are involved with interfaith organizations believing that working with those of other beliefs is something they are called to do. The interfaith logo locally illustrates this (and I'll note for @Shadow Wolf the presence of a pentagram):

Logo.jpg

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true.

This one's pretty problematic seeing as it pretty much negates every ideology, especially Secular Humanism.

Most of our sources of value and morality are not true, they are simply based on myths we create in order to justify the kind of society we want.

What is most likely to be true regarding we particularly violent animals is probably not a great basis for our society. Secular Humanists tend to lack self-awareness of the fact that their ideology is as myth based as any other.

It's certainly not true that there is such a thing as Humanity which is based on another mythical quality of Human Exceptionalism.

Believing things which aren't true is not always an 'error' it is essential to our well being. What works is far more important than what is true.

Laika

Premium Member

I know you're joking but If you took out number 6 and added a clause about "consent" to number 7, I'd probably agree with most of this on paper. I think the reality would be horrific but it could be worth a try. As for number 8, It's not stealing- its sharing without your permission. Its called Taxation and redistribution of wealth. ;)

My personal favourite is number 5. We should all obey Carl. :D

SaganPsychadelic.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.