• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anti-Ten Commandments - The New America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laika

Premium Member
Are you kidding me? Count how many anti-Christian threads we have here vs. How many Pro-Christian threads. It's time to just shove all these pesky Christians out of the way of progress! Ban them and close down all the churches!

Dam it. Stop tempting me! :D

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it? (Nietzsche).

Forward Comrades! The Revolution will end religion and bring Paradise on Earth! :fist:

bf2acc404aa314f16d4bf2f1e8a.jpg

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well, first you've got to get rid of those pesky Christians. They ain't gonna give their ten commandments up. You know, that old "We ought to obey God rather than men" stuff and all. Time to just ban Christianity all together. Morality is defined by each human in his own right, after all.
I don't know any one who wants to get rid of 'pesky Christians' in the West.
What most want is for them to stop trying to impose their dogma on others who do not agree with them.
So Christians can go to church when they want; can put up crosses where they want (as long as Satanist, Muslims, etc. can erect their monuments); read prayers before meetings (again as long as others can also read prayers or non-prayers), Christians can abstain from same sex marriages; Christians can continue to refuse to have abortions (I'd like to think that the woman has the choice though); etc. etc.

So basically, get on with your lives following your chosen creed but DON'T tell me how to live my life.

Last edited:

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Well, first you've got to get rid of those pesky Christians. They ain't gonna give their ten commandments up. You know, that old "We ought to obey God rather than men" stuff and all. Time to just ban Christianity all together. Morality is defined by each human in his own right, after all.

Yes, God says I'm only allowed to eat three kinds of bugs: locusts, crickets, and grasshoppers. I'm suppose to hate the rest, even though I really want to eat a walking stick.

I guess the morality is clear here, as outlined in Leviticus 11:22 If I want to eat a walking stick, I'm a gonna have to get rid of the Christians and defy a god.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's not a matter of getting rid of Christianity; it's a matter of treating Christianity as just another religion, no more or less important than any other.

It seems to me that you're interpreting loss of privilege as persecution.

Tmac

I can roll with it. Some are questionable, but overall better than the original ten.

The humanist version is far far better.
Here's a Secular Alternative to the Ten Commandments

1. Be open-minded and be willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence. (Jeremy Jimenez)

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true. (Matthew Main)

3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world. (Isaiah Jackson)

4. Every person has the right to control of their body. (Chris Lager)

5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life. (John Roso)

6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them. (Jamie Andrews)

7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective. (Carol Fly)

8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations. (Michael Marr)

9. There is no one right way to live. (Eli Chisholm)

10. Leave the world a better place than you found it. (Maury McCoy)

I would be far more happier living in a secular humanist society with the above ten Commandments than in a Abrahamic society with the Biblical ones.

The Hindu "suggestions" from Yogasutra are also very good. These are:-

The 5 principles

1. Ahiṃsā (अहिंसा): Nonviolence, non-harming other living beings[12]
  2. Satya (सत्य): truthfulness, non-falsehood[12][13]
  3. Asteya (अस्तेय): non-stealing[12][14]
  4. Brahmacharya (ब्रह्मचर्य): chastity,[13] marital fidelity or sexual restraint[15]
  5. Aparigraha (अपरिग्रहः): non-avarice,[12] non-possessiveness[13]
And the 5 practices
  1. Śauca (शौच): purity, clearness of mind, speech and body[7]
  2. Santoṣa (सन्तोष): contentment, acceptance of others and of one's circumstances as they are, optimism for self[2]
  3. Tapas (तपस): austerity, self-discipline,[8] persistent meditation, perseverance[9][10]
  4. Svādhyāya (स्वाध्याय): study of self, self-reflection, introspection of self's thoughts, speeches and actions[10][11]
  5. Īśvarapraṇidhāna (ईश्वरप्रणिधान): contemplation of the Ishvara (God/Supreme Being, Brahman, True Self, Unchanging Reality),[2][12] attunement to the supreme consciousness[13]

So... what reason do you have to prefer Bibles' Commandments than the two alternatives I quote here?

Are you recruiting or just kicking sand?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I think the government should be totally free of Christians and Christian ideals. We can start by voting all Christians out of office, they're poofters, anyhow. Take down all the crosses, take God out of the pledge of allegiance, make ten anti-commandments. Let's eradicate this country of Christianity and ban all Christian activities and artifacts.

1. Thou shalt not believe in any God.
2. Love yourself, let your neighbor just do the best he can. And stay off me property!
3. Say whatever you want, it's just words.
4. Black Sabbath isnt holy but neither are any of our daughters, either.
5. Your parents don't know Jack. Obey Carl Sagan and no preaching allowed!
6. If you can get away with murder, what's stopping you? Kill the *******! OJ got away with it!
7. If it feels good, do it! Marriage don't mean nothing anyhow, just get a divorce later.
8. Steal, just dont get caught. Getting caught is an embarrassment to our society!
9. Lies are better than the truth 99% of the time. So lie you're *** off, just don't get caught!
10. This is the free for all commandment. Remember, you can get away with just about anything, so do it!

A little known fact is that there were originally 15 Commandments.

Kind of makes me wonder what those other 5 Commandments were.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think it's wrong to call those caught up in politics "christian pharisees" who are trying to tell "Caesar" what laws should be passed.

The Christians I know personally don't feel oppressed. They go about their business trying to be of service to the "least of these" in different ways. And they often are involved with interfaith organizations believing that working with those of other beliefs is something they are called to do. The interfaith logo locally illustrates this (and I'll note for @Shadow Wolf the presence of a pentagram):

Logo.jpg

Hey! My symbol isn't on there!

Salix,
Feeling oppressed

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Are you kidding me? Count how many anti-Christian threads we have here vs. How many Pro-Christian threads. It's time to just shove all these pesky Christians out of the way of progress! Ban them and close down all the churches!

What's the count?

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Personally, I think the government should be totally free of Christians and Christian ideals. We can start by voting all Christians out of office, they're poofters, anyhow. Take down all the crosses, take God out of the pledge of allegiance, make ten anti-commandments. Let's eradicate this country of Christianity and ban all Christian activities and artifacts.

1. Thou shalt not believe in any God.
2. Love yourself, let your neighbor just do the best he can. And stay off me property!
3. Say whatever you want, it's just words.
4. Black Sabbath isnt holy but neither are any of our daughters, either.
5. Your parents don't know Jack. Obey Carl Sagan and no preaching allowed!
6. If you can get away with murder, what's stopping you? Kill the *******! OJ got away with it!
7. If it feels good, do it! Marriage don't mean nothing anyhow, just get a divorce later.
8. Steal, just dont get caught. Getting caught is an embarrassment to our society!
9. Lies are better than the truth 99% of the time. So lie you're *** off, just don't get caught!
10. This is the free for all commandment. Remember, you can get away with just about anything, so do it!
Had I posted this thread, with a similar toned OP it would have been deleted, I know from experience. You are not being oppressed, you just appear to be drinking way too much coffee.

DavidFirth

There were two left off the OP:

Pretend to be a Christian but do anything you want in private.

Ignore Christian virtues publicly because they will ignore your sins as long as you promise to enact their religious doctrine into law.

That sounds like your average politician. Why hide when you can proclaim your anti-Christianity openly?

DavidFirth

Humanism isn't dog-eat-dog everybody for themselves. It isn't promoting murder or theft. It doesn't say obey Carl Sagan.
As for atheism, saying they have set doctrine of morality and dogma doesn't work because for starters they don't have such things like a "10 Commandments" to tell them how to be a good person, and also it's like trying to say all theists follow the same set of morality and dogma when clearly they don't because Wiccans and Hindus and Christians and Jews all have different approaches to those things.

You're out of touch. Get in the game!

DavidFirth

That's a weird set of commandments. Here's a remake:

1. Believe in the religion, moral, or path that calls to you.
2. Don't forsake your own path for someone else's truth
3. Don't speak ill of your religion and the religion of others
4. Always keep an honest and truthful heart on the path you've chosen
5. Always treat everyone including yourself with respect and love
6. Respect life and the life of other
7. Be honest and respectful to those who you "like"
8. Respect other's property as you respect them
9. Always share the truth not to lie at the expense of your own
10. Don't try to convert someone from their path to your own

Sounds like it came right out of Satan's mouth! Lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.