• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still don’t think white privilege exist?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I want to see the court or police report not second hand hearsay from a news outlet.

Evidence of white privilege? Oh no I need to see court papers! But I cannot expect anything less from a trumpster....

large.jpg

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I want to see the court or police report not second hand hearsay from a news outlet.

For argument's sake Have you consider she is merely parroting the rhetoric from your own ideology? I've seen a lot of "progressives" try to invoke their ideological based privilege in order to gain a platform or "speak" on behalf of others. The belief in their privilege does not mean it exists.

Your comment deserves the Nelson....So from now on when people make claims and it's in a police officer's report it doesn't exist until we see court papers

maxresdefault.jpg

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It seems like you may be under the mistaken impression that you're a magistrate holding court, and not just a random person in an internet discussion who's just as capable of Googling court records as anyone else.

Shad

Veteran Member
It seems like you may be under the mistaken impression that you're a magistrate holding court, and not just a random person in an internet discussion who's just as capable of Googling court records as anyone else.

It isn't my burden of proof to provide the report.

Shad

Veteran Member
Evidence of white privilege? Oh no I need to see court papers! But I cannot expect anything less from a trumpster....

I want to see the report. It is called confirmation of a claim. Heard of it? All you have is media hearsay at this point. You are wasting time dodging instead of providing it.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
You still haven't linked the actual report.

So wait, you want me to go to that particular state, request a police report on the aforementioned subject to request a police report? First off, I'm not media so I don't have that privilege of freedom of the press and all, second, why would I spend my own free time to research something that is already in media? Now if you don't believe the several news sources I have put out fine but I'm not about to request a police report for a damn internet discussion.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I want to see the report. It is called confirmation of a claim. Heard of it? All you have is media hearsay at this point. You are wasting time dodging instead of providing it.

So from here on out when you post things from news you already know how I'm going to attack it.

Shad

Veteran Member
So wait, you want me to go to that particular state, request a police report on the aforementioned subject to request a police report? First off, I'm not media so I don't have that privilege of freedom of the press and all, second, why would I spend my own free time to research something that is already in media? Now if you don't believe the several news sources I have put out fine but I'm not about to request a police report for a damn internet discussion.

Ergo like I said you believed a news outlet without seeing any report. Now you are whining when asked for the report itself.

Media repeats stories from other media outlets. The NYPost goes right to it's own source which has no police report. It is repeating a story https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article216168760.html

The WP does not even link the source. The article was published two days after the above link.

Again look at what is claimed she said. She is invoking your rhetoric which is the assumption that police are racist. That sounds like a progressive as I have said before I have read and heard progressive invoke their privilege as they believe it exists. It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy of believers of religion. Take Beto's babble for an example.

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

Free, White, and Twenty One.

What about that black privilage? Blacks can be part of the racist organization NAACP and not be considered racist's. But if one is part of the NAAWP, you are a racist. Black privilage. They are the biggest racists in the country but can go about claiming racism and white privilage against whites.

Equality they said. But they didn't want equality. Equality didn't do what they wanted. Affrmitive Action, which is another word for black privilage, is what they wanted.

Good-Ole-Rebel

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It isn't my burden of proof to provide the report.
It's not a matter of burden of proof so much as the relative cost of catering to the weird requests of random people on the internet (potentially very high) versus the relative cost of failing to convince some random person on the internet (virtually nil).

Add into the mix that the random person on the internet is throwing up weird objections as if his mind is already made up anyway and then the benefit-cost ratio of trying to convince this random person doesn't lend itself to putting any effort at all into it.

Shad

Veteran Member
It's not a matter of burden of proof so much as the relative cost of catering to the weird requests of random people on the internet (potentially very high) versus the relative cost of failing to convince some random person on the internet (virtually nil).

Ergo like I said. You believe what you read without question then whine when the report is requested.
Add into the mix that the random person on the internet is throwing up weird objections as if his mind is already made up anyway and then the benefit-cost ratio of trying to convince this random person doesn't lend itself to putting any effort at all into it.

How is it weird to point of second hand hearsay? I watched the OP video which didn't mention a single thing about race. Further more I pointed out the absurd point in her believing (for argument sake)all cops are racist. She sounds like a progressive using progressive rhetoric. After all what group these days are claiming all cops are racist? Progressives....

So now the question become does she believe in white privilege because it actually exists or because her ideology tells her it does? Just like Beto claiming it exists while omitting that his family is worth over a billion..... Believe vs fact. All that is been established is the belief not the fact.

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
@Landon Caeli

Edit: another example: you say that you lived in a tent in a park campground for 9 months. What sort of park allows someone to camp for 9 months at a stretch? Every park I've ever checked out has rules about how long a person can stay... usually a couple of weeks at most. Did park rangers have to bend the rules for you to stay as long as you did? Did any black campers try to live in the campground without getting kicked out?

I wasn't able to stay there longer than 14 days I believe. I also camped at Dana Point. My wife came out to stay with me often, and we slept in the car together, while the kids went to school in Arizona, and my sister would look after them.

...We had no other options.

My family in Arizona would not let us all live under their roof together. It was horrible.

False. People use white privilege based on the research as well as the historical evidence of a system that has historically favored one ethnic group over others. The very fact that this white woman in my link told the officer she is a thoroughbred, white, clean woman identifies this fact that she is aware of her own privilege as a white woman.

That one woman feels entitled isn't evidence that she benefitted from white privilege in this situation.

That you insist a situation with unknown causes must be 'white privilege' demonstrates my point though.

Research has indicated implicit racial biases looking at scenarios one study looked at "black sounding names" verses "white sounding ones." Sociologists have determined that these implicit racial biases exist in our psyche. So although there are circumstances where there are unknown factors which may not always indicate racial bias or racism, historically we still live in a system that has favored Caucasians.

Source? Studies like this are generally highly problematic due to existing in fields with terrible replication rates.

But, as I said, even if this is true, you cannot use a single case to demonstrate anything when other causes may exist.

It's like saying "I know Chicago is very dangerous because my friend got mugged there". Even if it were true that Chicago was very dangerous, that wouldn't be valid reasoning.

Since you decided to but in reply to the OP in a thread I started for the purpose of discussion, that response was for someone else who stated that there aren't any evidence for racial biases in giving out sentencing.

ftfy ;)

Still doesn't answer the question of why you assume it must be white privilege over female privilege though.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I wasn't able to stay there longer than 14 days I believe. I also camped at Dana Point. My wife came out to stay with me often, and we slept in the car together, while the kids went to school in Arizona, and my sister would look after them.

...We had no other options.

My family in Arizona would not let us all live under their roof together. It was horrible.

I'm still not seeing where any of this addresses the idea of white privilege.

White privilege isn't "you're white, therefore you must live a life of privilege;" it's "a black person in your situation would be treated even worse than you were."

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
That one woman feels entitled isn't evidence that she benefitted from white privilege in this situation.

That you insist a situation with unknown causes must be 'white privilege' demonstrates my point though.

Then why in the damn hell would a woman tell a cop "I'm a thoroughbred, white, clean, woman" and even after the damn cop asked her what did she mean by that she stated: "You’re a cop, you should know what that means." If not white privilege then why in the hell would she say that?

Source? Studies like this are generally highly problematic due to existing in fields with terrible replication rates.

Are you a researcher? I am and i'm aware of certain research subject not having enough evidence and needing replication but your immediate dismissal intrigues me and so therefore I must ask if you do research or belong to any particular peer reviewed study?

But, as I said, even if this is true, you cannot use a single case to demonstrate anything when other causes may exist.

There are several examples of white privilege along with implicit racial bias I cannot list them all here. This woman in the video and her subsequent comment, is an example of the existence of white privilege and what I believe to be white privilege.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I'm still not seeing where any of this addresses the idea of white privilege.

White privilege isn't "you're white, therefore you must live a life of privilege;" it's "a black person in your situation would be treated even worse than you were."

One time when my wife and I were sleeping in the car together, at about 2 AM, the police woke us up, and asked us to step out of the vehicle. They then proceeded to do an illegal search and seizure, patting us down and going through our vehicle. Our rights were violated.

...I swear to Jesus Christ this is true.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One time when my wife and I were sleeping in the car together, at about 2 AM, the police woke us up, and asked us to step out of the vehicle. They then proceeded to do an illegal search and seizure, patting us down and going through our vehicle. Our rights were violated.

...I swear to Jesus Christ this is true.
You should'a pulled out your....
th