• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still don’t think white privilege exist?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
What about that black privilage?

Oh, the neighborhood racist with the traitorous flag speaks this ought to be good, so please continue to deflect the subject at hand some of folks are very good at that.

Blacks can be part of the racist organization NAACP and not be considered racist's.

Easy....

"It was formed in New York City by white and black activists, partially in response to the ongoing violence against African Americans around the country. ... The NAACP or National Association for the Advancement of Colored People was established in 1909 and is America's oldest and largest civil rights organization."

Source

Different people of different ethnic groups even white are a part of the NAACP....NEXT!

But if one is part of the NAAWP, you are a racist.

Because whites are overtly represented in all facets in the United States. The NAACP was created due to the Springfield race riots due to an event of two black men who were alleged to commit crimes against whites at the time. The result of that spurred a white mob that 40 homes, ransacked black businesses and killed two African-Americans. You can read that in the link above highlighted as "Source" to understand more. By the way NAAWP wouldn't make sense considering the in those times the system was held into place to advance whites already.

you are a racist. Black privilage.

Can you prove that I'm racist? In fact I challenge anyone on this forum to prove I'm racist either through what I've written that specifically was pejorative to all whites or indirectly pejorative to all whites. I challenge you to prove this. I can certainly guarantee you considering I'm a progressive liberal other so-called white liberals on this forum would have called it out a long time ago but please by all means prove that I'm a racist.

They are the biggest racists in the country but can go about claiming racism and white privilage against whites.

So you've made the claim blacks are the most racist in this country. Hmm okay let's start by going back in time...Was it blacks that made Jim Crow, or created the reconstruction period? Or did blacks enslave whites and institutionalized a system that kept them in sub-human conditions? Was it blacks that created minstrel shows? Did blacks start "white face?" In fact did blacks form a group called "spook hunters" to go after white residents? Did blacks ever hang whites from trees? Did black real estate agents draw district lines to determine which places blacks can buy houses from?

Here is a good one for you....

Did blacks create the system of colored only and whites only restrooms, bathrooms, and water fountains? Did blacks ever create a system where they told white women they couldn't vote? did blacks ever tell whites they couldn't ride in the front of a bus, or train?

Or........

Was it black soldiers that allowed Nazi POW to ride in the front of trains and told whites to ride in the back? Was blacks responsible for Gerrymandering affecting districts where white residents lived depriving them of political power? Was it blacks that marched in Charlottesville screaming "Jews will not replace us?" Is it blacks that shoot up mosques and synagogues?

Finally,

Did blacks ever rob you of your ancestral history and tribal European lineage?

If your answer is no to all of those questions you may want to rethink that claim.

Affrmitive Action, which is another word for black privilage, is what they wanted.

Guess what, more white women are on Affirmative Action than any other group

See:Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone | TIME.com

Thank you for playing...

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
She is invoking your rhetoric which is the assumption that police are racist.

Wait, where did I say the police are racist? She clearly and concisely stated that she is a "thoroughbred, white, clean girl." I mentioned nothing of the sort regarding the police are racist. What I implied was that she assumed that her white privilege was going to help her thereby also showing at least in that example there are whites who do believe that their ethnicity is a privilege when it comes to being in trouble with law enforcement.

Cooky

Veteran Member
You should'a pulled out your....
th

The cop had a second, female, officer come pat down my wife... We had to wait, sitting on the curb for her to arrive. My wife has never smoked or drank in her life. She has never been in any trouble whatsoever.

White privilege is a myth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad

Veteran Member
Wait, where did I say the police are racist?

She is implying the claim not you as per the article which I am using for argument sake.

She clearly and concisely stated that she is a "thoroughbred, white, clean girl." I mentioned nothing of the sort regarding the police are racist.

I will quote your own source.

"Later, at the precinct, police officer Baker Odom wrote in his report, Cutshaw went further. She said she was also a “thoroughbred” and “white, clean girl,” Odom wrote. When he asked what that meant, Cutshaw replied, “You’re a cop, you should know what that means based on the people that come in this room,” according to the report.

She is assuming the cop is racist not merely at an individual level as person but professional. That is the rhetoric of progressives. Likewise calling black cops race traitors.

What I implied was that she assumed that her white privilege was going to help her thereby also showing at least in that example there are whites who do believe that their ethnicity is a privilege when it comes to being in trouble with law enforcement.

No she assumed the cop was racist and would let her off due to her race otherwise race has no effect. That was primary before anything else. She is a progressive brat trying to get out of trouble as that is the rhetoric of progressive to assume any/all cops are racist. Her belief in white privilege does not mean it exists. She is one of yours ironically. After all how many right-wingers do you see making claims cops in general being racist? Again that is the ideological rhetoric of the left as they believe in white privilege while the right-wing rejects it at the mainstream level. You would know this if you left your echo chamber honestly.

Hands up, don't shoot again

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
One time when my wife and I were sleeping in the car together, at about 2 AM, the police woke us up, and asked us to step out of the vehicle. They then proceeded to do an illegal search and seizure, patting us down and going through our vehicle. Our rights were violated.

...I swear to Jesus Christ this is true.
Unwarranted police stops for black people are so common that there's even a term for them:

Driving while black - Wikipedia

Again: I'm not seeing where any of this addresses white privilege.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The cop had a second, female, officer come pat down my wife... We had to wait, sitting on the curb for her to arrive. My wife has never smoked or drank in her life. She has never been in any trouble whatsoever.

... because stuff like that doesn't happen to black people? o_O

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
She is implying the claim not you as per the article which I am using for argument sake.

But she didn't imply that...

She is assuming the cop is racist not merely at an individual level as person but professional.

Um no. Most educated blacks know when a person says what she says, she is referring to the idea that her "whiteness" and the fact that she is not "one of those people" means she is not a criminal nor ought to be judged as one. The idea that her whiteness and her background means she is exempt from judgment was the idea here.

No she assumed the cop was racist

Nothing in what she said implied that at all. You would have to explain how exactly how her comments would assume that the cop was racist. The cop still detained her, and arrested her. Or are you saying that she said that to appeal to the police officer's whiteness?

She is a progressive brat

How do we know her political affiliation? Or even a political philosophy? That was just a dumb*** comment you made there.

as that is the rhetoric of progressive to assume any/all cops are racist.

Did you not read my OP and my situation? Oh I think you didn't.

She is one of yours ironically. After all how many right-wingers do you see making claims cops in general being racist?

None because there are plenty of cops who are right wingers who have implicit racial bias. however that is my assumption based on anecdotal evidence. But this isn't about politics. you're flipping it to make it like one. She is one of your own. She tried to use her whiteness to get out of being arrested and failed. Although I firmly believe her whiteness ultimately got her off light, her whiteness was indeed the complexion for protection when she went to arbitration.

Shad

Veteran Member
But she didn't imply that...

Yes she did otherwise referencing her race was meaningless.

Um no. Most educated blacks know when a person says what she says, she is referring to the idea that her "whiteness" and the fact that she is not "one of those people" means she is not a criminal nor ought to be judged as one. The idea that her whiteness and her background means she is exempt from judgment was the idea here.

Which is the rhetoric of the left tossed in what she told the cop when asked to explain.

Nothing in what she said implied that at all.

Wrong. My quote directly refutes this as per her explanation. If she didn't assume a bias first dropping the race card has zero effect. Cause to effect. Figure it out.

You would have to explain how exactly how her comments would assume that the cop was racist. The cop still detained her, and arrested her. Or are you saying that she said that to appeal to the police officer's whiteness?

By assuming the cop would treat her differently based on her race. She failed.

How do we know her political affiliation? Or even a political philosophy? That was just a dumb*** comment you made there.

Easily. Which side assumes any/all cops are racist and white privilege exists all over the place? Progressives like yourself

Did you not read my OP and my situation? Oh I think you didn't.

I wasn't replying to that part. I will get to it.

None because there are plenty of cops who are right wingers who have implicit racial bias. however that is my assumption based on anecdotal evidence. But this isn't about politics. you're flipping it to make it like one. She is one of your own. She tried to use her whiteness to get out of being arrested and failed. Although I firmly believe her whiteness ultimately got her off light, her whiteness was indeed the complexion for protection when she went to arbitration.

Assertion and projection of exactly the type echoed by this woman. You just proved my point that it is your ideology to assume random cops are racist based on cops that are not this cop in question. Sorry but that is your ideology. That is what you post about all the time or did you not admit that you want to being the topic of fighting racism to RF. That is your quest. You are only fooling yourself. You created the conclusion your ideology demands.Nothing more.

You still have no evidence for your conclusion.

Shad

Veteran Member
I don’t normally like to talk about private things in my life but I have a DUI. Got it my second year in graduate school leaving a fraternity party. California Highway Patrol pulled me over I man’d up to my wrong skipped the test and was taken to the tank.

What’s pertinent in me mentioning this is because while being interviewed at the station I was asked my level of education. I told them that I attend the University of Southern California and a second year graduate student. They didn’t believe so I showed them my student ID.

One cop smirked “well I went to college to!”

Did you report the cops?

Point is I’ve seen other students of color never do not one crime in their life get a DUI which is a misdemeanor offense but sentence to six months AA class. Ordered to complete 100 hours of CalTrans, ordered to attend a six month MADD class.

Did you have their court and criminal records? Anecdote evidence and hearsay are not impressive.

This was first time offense. No priors no nothing. This video boils my blood. This isn’t her having “pretty privilege” maybe it works for cops but judges sentencing should have not considered her privileges in this case. This is unfair especially considering drunk driving at least in California DUI is looked at seriously.

You are assuming a conclusion you held already. You demonstrated nothing from court documents about "white" privilege bias rather than say a lenient judge.

Her driver’s license should have been suspended and she should have been ordered to buy a breathalyzer for her car like I did and everyone else. Even with a good lawyer which would drop the fines and even the classes but her driver’s license should have been suspended. But this happened in South Carolina so I’m not surprised.

Rant based on assertions without evidence.

As we say in the black community she has the complexion for protection.

Victim complex /check.

Standard ID politics. Yet you seem confused when getting flak due to your lack of evidence for your conclusions. Now you should understand why...

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

Oh, the neighborhood racist with the traitorous flag speaks this ought to be good, so please continue to deflect the subject at hand some of folks are very good at that.

Easy....

"It was formed in New York City by white and black activists, partially in response to the ongoing violence against African Americans around the country. ... The NAACP or National Association for the Advancement of Colored People was established in 1909 and is America's oldest and largest civil rights organization."

Source

Different people of different ethnic groups even white are a part of the NAACP....NEXT!

Because whites are overtly represented in all facets in the United States. The NAACP was created due to the Springfield race riots due to an event of two black men who were alleged to commit crimes against whites at the time. The result of that spurred a white mob that 40 homes, ransacked black businesses and killed two African-Americans. You can read that in the link above highlighted as "Source" to understand more. By the way NAAWP wouldn't make sense considering the in those times the system was held into place to advance whites already.

Can you prove that I'm racist? In fact I challenge anyone on this forum to prove I'm racist either through what I've written that specifically was pejorative to all whites or indirectly pejorative to all whites. I challenge you to prove this. I can certainly guarantee you considering I'm a progressive liberal other so-called white liberals on this forum would have called it out a long time ago but please by all means prove that I'm a racist.

So you've made the claim blacks are the most racist in this country. Hmm okay let's start by going back in time...Was it blacks that made Jim Crow, or created the reconstruction period? Or did blacks enslave whites and institutionalized a system that kept them in sub-human conditions? Was it blacks that created minstrel shows? Did blacks start "white face?" In fact did blacks form a group called "spook hunters" to go after white residents? Did blacks ever hang whites from trees? Did black real estate agents draw district lines to determine which places blacks can buy houses from?

Here is a good one for you....

Did blacks create the system of colored only and whites only restrooms, bathrooms, and water fountains? Did blacks ever create a system where they told white women they couldn't vote? did blacks ever tell whites they couldn't ride in the front of a bus, or train?

Or........

Was it black soldiers that allowed Nazi POW to ride in the front of trains and told whites to ride in the back? Was blacks responsible for Gerrymandering affecting districts where white residents lived depriving them of political power? Was it blacks that marched in Charlottesville screaming "Jews will not replace us?" Is it blacks that shoot up mosques and synagogues?

Finally,

Did blacks ever rob you of your ancestral history and tribal European lineage?

If your answer is no to all of those questions you may want to rethink that claim.

Guess what, more white women are on Affirmative Action than any other group

See:Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone | TIME.com

Thank you for playing...

Prove the Rebel flag is traitorous. No one here has been able yet. And you have not tried. So, go ahead. By the way, how many slaves were brought over from Africa under the Confederate flag? And how many under the U.S. flag?

NAACP is a racist organization. It is for the advancement of the colored people. Sure, you like to include women as benefactors, but they are too silly to see it is for the advancement of colored people. Racist. There is no other way around it. You can blow smoke all day long but the NAACP is a racist organization.

It doesn't matter who is part of the NAACP. The organization is racist. "for the advancement of colored people"

Whether the NAAWP makes sense to you or not, it is a legitimate organization. It is for the advancement of the white people. But...that is so racist... isn't it? Yet...NAACP....? Hypocrisy.

I have proved you are a racist by you supporting the NAACP. And in turn being against the NAAWP.

Blacks certainly help create Jim Crow due to their behavior during the Reconstruction. They were used by the Yankee government in hopes that the Yankee government could establish a Republican South, composed of blacks. They were promised 40 acres and a mule. They were going to take the white Southernors land and give it to the blacks. And the blacks bought into. And the arrogance and attitude of the blacks over the Southern whites during the Reconstruction was unbearable. Whites had no rights. Blacks were given everything.

But it didn't happen. The Yankees couldn't make it work. The South still resisted. And guess what? The Yankees picked up their toys and went home. But now what of the blacks...the ones that treated us like dung. Why they are still here. Too bad for them. Yes, they were part and parcel of creating the Jim Crow laws.

Yall were used by the Fed. Govt. then and you are used by them to this day. You breathed in the smoke they blew up your backside then and you breathe it today.

Oh yeah, those blacks love to help the white women. We already knew that. And there are plenty enough of them without any sense to go around. Affirmative Action is for blacks and minorities. It is racist just as the NAACP is racist. Black privilge. So, how does it feel? To be a black and not make the grade to go to a college, yet you bump a white person out who has made the grade just because you are black? Privileged?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Shad

Veteran Member
NAACP is a racist organization. It is for the advancement of the colored people.

The NAACP isn't racist due to being exclusive as was created in an era which justified it's existences. One could argue that it is not longer necessary or needs to be exclusive but it is a stretch that it is racist.

Whether the NAAWP makes sense to you or not, it is a legitimate organization. It is for the advancement of the white people. But...that is so racist... isn't it? Yet...NAACP....? Hypocrisy.

The organization was taken over by David Duke... Now if say the NOI took over the NAACP there would be something to argue about but that isn't the case.

Curious George

Veteran Member
What about that black privilage? Blacks can be part of the racist organization NAACP and not be considered racist's. But if one is part of the NAAWP, you are a racist. Black privilage. They are the biggest racists in the country but can go about claiming racism and white privilage against whites.

Equality they said. But they didn't want equality. Equality didn't do what they wanted. Affrmitive Action, which is another word for black privilage, is what they wanted.

Good-Ole-Rebel

This seems like as good of place as any to place to start:

Let me first say that some people of all races are racist. I have seen racial discrimination by landlords of all races. This means that there is a chance that if you go to rent a place you will be denied for no other reason than your race. This is true even for white people.

However, it is also true that the chance of this discrimination is not equal across all races. Now this may be due to the larger numbers of white landlords/property managers, or it may simply because landlords as a group (including landlords of color) are more likely to discriminate against non-white people. This doesn't mean that landlords are more likely to discriminate than not discriminate. It just means that when we look at large populations we see a trend emerge. That trend is that it is statistically easier for whites to find housing than non-whites.

This doesn't mean that it is or would be easier for you to find housing because you are white, though it merits reflection on your part about how race might have, did, or does play a role. But remember for every one landlord that does discriminate we can find a larger group that does not.

So given this statistical difference, what exactly are you claiming are the statistical differences that compose "black privilege?"

Perhaps it is easier to find scholarships for which to apply? Perhaps it is more socially acceptable to focus on race based help?

Were white people denied loans and homeownership on a large scale based on their race (you do realize this is one of the main ways to improve socioeconomic status and to transfer wealth to future generations)? Were white people denied entrance to colleges on a large scale based on their race? Were white people forced to attend schools with insufficient funds and materials based on their race? Were white people inhumanely treated by police based on their race? Were white people unfairly accused, tried and sentenced based on their race? Now I am sure you have a black friend whose family never experienced one bit of any of the disadvantages that these historical, statistical truths bring. Just as I am sure you can list a white friend who never had anything, whose family was denied loans, whose family went to jail, maybe were even unfairly accused tried and sentenced. Yes that white friend has had more disadvantages than that black friend. But when we are discussing privilege we are not talking about individuals.

We are discussing trends based on overall behaviors and historic precedent. So if you want to discuss "black privilege," let us do so. Then we can compare that to actual white privilege and see which has larger effects on a macro level.

Too many people want to dismiss privilege because they see it as some elitist SJW rant. So lets discuss it and see if you still feel that it is important to say "what about black privilege."

David1967

Premium Member
Improved.

Anyway, I've run across this dysfunctional attitude before...
Black folk who think we whities just have it made....everything is
handed to us...we have all the advantages, yet they have none.
The "system" is often pretty abusive to us too.

How often do you see 'victims' blind to their own privilege?
- Women being exempt from the draft.
- Blacks & women who benefit from affirmative action.
- Protected class people who don't take advantage of the opportunities
they have, & instead wallow in their cocoon of victimhood.

It all makes me want to say....
"Stop whining. Work to better your lot in life. It's all doable."

From my observation the cry of white privilege is often used by some to justify their own bad behavior.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
From my observation the cry of white privilege is often used by some to justify their own bad behavior.

Like who’s bad behavior?

What justification did this white woman have to tell a cop she is a clean white woman? Now if this comment of yours is some indirect way of antagonizing me be a man and say it

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
To be a black and not make the grade to go to a college, yet you bump a white person out who has made the grade just because you are black? Privileged?

Lol privilege?

California hasn’t had affirmative action in over twenty years. I went to USC and beat out a lot of so-called “High IQ white folks” because, well, I did the work on my own while working full-time at my job. I never had help buddy I’m sorry you’re not academically as accomplished as I am but there is still time to go to junior college.

By the way what the hell is “a black?” You see, that’s why good ole’ white folk like ya self ain’t graduate from no college cause y’all ain’t got no grammar skills (in my southern voice).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I'd say it's more of an inconsistent thing....not what the bearded one says.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And lack of success in life.
When someone else has more, they must be brought down a peg so
that they don't deserve it. You know....somebody else did it for them.

David1967

Premium Member
Like who’s bad behavior?

What justification did this white woman have to tell a cop she is a clean white woman? Now if this comment of yours is some indirect way of antagonizing me be a man and say it

I hope you don't think I'm defending that woman. That was a ridiculous thing for her to say. I dispute the idea of "white privilege" in this day.