• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Not a Place for Muslims

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I talk about Muhammad in the bible and the thread gets shut down. No worries. I am used to being hated. This will be my last post and ill never be back so congrats you won. You proved to be like the rest of the world.

I was involved in one of your other threads (something like "we're all born Muslims"). In that thread you claimed something like Muslims are victims. And here you are again, expressing how you've been victimized.

I think that's nonsense.

I for one am interested in learning how religious people think about their religion. A great way to do that is through debate. So how about you drop the whole victimhood rap and debate ideas?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I was involved in one of your other threads (something like "we're all born Muslims"). In that thread you claimed something like Muslims are victims. And here you are again, expressing how you've been victimized.

I think that's nonsense.

I for one am interested in learning how religious people think about their religion. A great way to do that is through debate. So how about you drop the whole victimhood rap and debate ideas?
Likewise, coming to a gun fight with a pea shooter is probably not going to work out too well.

rrobs

I talk about Muhammad in the bible and the thread gets shut down. No worries. I am used to being hated. This will be my last post and ill never be back so congrats you won. You proved to be like the rest of the world.
You're not the only one who gets shut down. I'm a Christian who believes Jesus was the son of God and therefore not God Himself. In other words I don't believe in the trinity. I've been banned from many Christian forums. This is one of the few where I can state my beliefs. But I guess being Muslim is even worse than being non-trinitarian. Yikes!

It's funny, you'd think that of all people who should know God judges by the heart and not by outward appearances (1 Sam 16:7), Christians would be at the top of the list. Sadly that seems not to be the case.

I think someone's faith must be awfully weak to not even let others speak about their faith. I can assure you, I believe the Bible over the Koran, but I'll talk to a Muslim any day of the week.

In general, no matter what, there are two kinds of people in this world; those that hate you and those that don't. It's always been that way and I don't expect it to change. It's just how people are. Don't give it another thought. Just walk the best you can with God. He's your judge, and a kind one at that!

Last edited:

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
RF is perhaps one of the FAR more civilized places for debate. Have you been on facebook? Facebook is a **** show compared to here.

rrobs

My Catholic and Shinto faith gets insulted here all the time. Unlike so many Muslims, I can deal with people insulting my Religion and myself. So many Muslims can't handle it so they have laws where a person can be imprisoned or executed for criticizing the prophet Muhammad or the Quran.
It wasn't that long ago that I, a Christian who does not believe in the trinity, would have been burned at the stake; by other Christians no less! In fact I'm sure there are Christians in this very day and age who would gladly burn me at the stake for my not-trinitarian belief if it were still fashionable. People can be weird at times.

Ponder This

I took a look at your thread. I thought it was an interesting topic, fine for debate.
It also seems that the degree of civility was starting to degrade. I would not be surprised if your thread reopened, perhaps with another warning about keeping the conversation civil.

I know it is difficult... when someone makes a statement that is so completely out of touch with reality.
And people will sometimes say you are straight up wrong when you state a logical fact. They will even tell you what you were thinking and turn your factual remarks into personal attacks against them! Just let the facts speak for themselves. People will sort everything out on their own terms anyways.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What do you mean?
There was a spate of people marking a serious post as funny. I reported one such a while ago I thought I read somewhere here that people were not supposed to use "funny" to disagree with a post but only to indicate that the person thought the post was actually funny.

To which @Quagmire responded that my report was proper.

Riders

Pope here has long been in civilized conflict with many of us, but he has faith in his own version of religion, and while most of it makes no sense to me, he is fully capable of debating on a level playing field. If you are here to preach and not engage with others that would question the validity of your assertions then you came to the wrong place.

I don't think I have read other threads by the OP. I agree some folks come up here to preach and convert folks and seem to talk at everyone while expecting folks to just bow down to their truth without any debate.

Riders

There's a lot of other religions who are persecuted and hated not just you. I am a combination of Zen Buddhist and Unitarian Universalist and new age.

I was defending a Muslim up here and he took sides with the Christian I was defending him against saying Christians were closer to Muslims in faith and that I was following evil.

So to be honest I have had Muslims attack me up here. Everyone has had one or more threads taken down I've had several taken down. I just shrug my shoulders and go on and post another.

Its a debate room,if your super sensitive to being criticized this is not the place for you. To tell the truth its gotten rough on me. I'm spending more time in politics and arts and entertainment and family section and hopefully health and well being to talk about weight loss sense I am working on my weight.

So maybe it would be wise for you to dropout.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I also notice that there aren't an awful lot of Catholics here.
Tom

...And I'd like to keep it that way! Seriously -for the most part, they'll tend to remind me about this and that, and just tell me such and such isn't right and whatever.

Faithofchristian

You say that, Deuteronomy 18:15--"The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken"

You say this is Muhammad, But Moses does not specifically name muhammad any where
In Deuteronomy 18:15, So how is it Muhammad.

Moses is of Israel and Moses speaking to Israel his brethren. How God will raise up a prophet out of Israel. But does not specifically name Muhammad.

As Christians and Israel knows exactly who Moses was referring to, and it sure wasn't Muhammad.
It was the Messiah that was to come up out of Israel.The Christ of God.

Anyone who reads Deuteronomy 18:15, can see plainly Muhammad is not mentioned specifically. So how is that you come by Muhammad.
Anyone who does not know who the prophet is that Moses is referring to, could reference that to any prophet.
But seeing Moses does not specifically name Muhammad. So how is it Muhammad.

Therefore when Muhammad reference that prophet to be himself, then Muhammad becomes the Antichrist.that stands in the place of Christ being the false prophet.
Therefore fulfilling Prophecy that Christ gave 600 years before Muhammad was born.
Matthew 24:24-26---"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not"

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually, this is a great place for Muslims.
But like all people who believe things which attract criticism,
one must be prepared for some at times nasty opposition.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know why the thread was shut down, but consider this: you're posting on a moderated site, and if the mods shut you down, it's because some or other rule of posting here has been breached, perhaps by you or perhaps in the responses. If you ask them, the matter can be clarified.

It is of course a matter for you as to whether you prefer clarification or self-pity.

Whichever, good luck.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It wasn't that long ago that I, a Christian who does not believe in the trinity, would have been burned at the stake; by other Christians no less! In fact I'm sure there are Christians in this very day and age who would gladly burn me at the stake for my not-trinitarian belief if it were still fashionable. People can be weird at times.

Well, recent polling in the US would indicate the majority of Christians have difficulty with the Trinity, even if they're not trying to be heretical...