• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Not a Place for Muslims

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It wasn't that long ago that I, a Christian who does not believe in the trinity, would have been burned at the stake; by other Christians no less! In fact I'm sure there are Christians in this very day and age who would gladly burn me at the stake for my not-trinitarian belief if it were still fashionable. People can be weird at times.
I think people have not changed that much, but we have more leisure time and education. Therefore instead of burning you we will carefully observe you for faults and tweet them.

Baroodi

(AND DEBATE WITH THEM IN THE MOST GENTLE WAY) QURAN,16:125
This is a landmark in Quranic teaching, Muslims need to inspire this after getting to know Quran in addition to the teachings of Mohammed the prophet as landmarks. Be patient, if you want to get the honey expect some stings from some bees as the Arabic poet put it.

Axe Elf

Prophet
(AND DEBATE WITH THEM IN THE MOST GENTLE WAY) QURAN,16:125
This is a landmark in Quranic teaching, Muslims need to inspire this after getting to know Quran in addition to the teachings of Mohammed the prophet as landmarks. Be patient, if you want to get the honey expect some stings from some bees as the Arabic poet put it.

And remember, Shiite happens...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know why the thread was shut down, but consider this: you're posting on a moderated site, and if the mods shut you down, it's because some or other rule of posting here has been breached, perhaps by you or perhaps in the responses. If you ask them, the matter can be clarified.

It is of course a matter for you as to whether you prefer clarification or self-pity.

Whichever, good luck.
I invited a Christian friend to post here.
He was immediately so offended that he left in a huff.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I came up with my own version of christianity once. But this is RF, standing for "refutations forever", so i never share my devastatingly unique version of christianity. It is the one true most obvious way though, far different than all the other christianities out there. Only trouble is i dont buy into any of it.

I was wondering how many different Islamic groups there are anyway? Oh well!

My apologies that rf is far from religious though!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
There was a spate of people marking a serious post as funny. I reported one such a while ago I thought I read somewhere here that people were not supposed to use "funny" to disagree with a post but only to indicate that the person thought the post was actually funny.

To which @Quagmire responded that my report was proper.
There is, however, the unfortunate reality that a serious post can also be hilarious, even if that is not the intent of the author.

rrobs

Well, recent polling in the US would indicate the majority of Christians have difficulty with the Trinity, even if they're not trying to be heretical...
That's news to me. Logic is beginning to take the stage. Thanks for bringing it up.

How could anybody not have problems with a son being his own father, let alone also some other nebulous spiritual ghost?

rrobs

I think people have not changed that much, but we have more leisure time and education. Therefore instead of burning you we will carefully observe you for faults and tweet them.
I guess that's progress. At least I won't get my pretty face all burn scared. :)

Axe Elf

Prophet
How could anybody not have problems with a son being his own father, let alone also some other nebulous spiritual ghost?

How is it that your mind is the master of your body, when your mind is but a manifestation of your body?

rrobs

How is it that your mind is the master of your body, when your mind is but a manifestation of your body?
I don't know. It can't be fathomed. How is it that we talk about that which can't be talked about, i.e. the Tao? Very enigmatic, indeed!

Take care...

Axe Elf

Prophet
I don't know. It can't be fathomed. How is it that we talk about that which can't be talked about, i.e. the Tao? Very enigmatic, indeed!

Take care...

So you're cool with metaphysical truths you can't fathom, but you're stuck on the relationship between the mind (Father) and the body (Son) when it comes to God?

Very enigmatic, indeed!

74x12

I talk about Muhammad in the bible and the thread gets shut down. No worries. I am used to being hated. This will be my last post and ill never be back so congrats you won. You proved to be like the rest of the world.
The rules are stricter than I would prefer, but I still like RF. There aren't many places like it that you can talk with people of over viewpoints or religions etc. You just have to not let people ruffle your feathers to much. Of course they will say things that you may find obnoxious. Maybe take a break.

So what if a few people may be rude or hateful towards you? It happens probably to everyone who debates on the internet. Just let it be like water off a duck's back.

Peace

shmogie

Given that RF is an English speaking website,
And comparing the numbers of English speaking Christians to English speaking Muslims,
It appears to me that RF is more uncomfortable to Christians, generally, than Muslims.

I also notice that there aren't an awful lot of Catholics here.
Tom
Interesting observation.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There is, however, the unfortunate reality that a serious post can also be hilarious, even if that is not the intent of the author.
That's why there is a system for reporting posts and allowing the process to work.