• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Not a Place for Muslims

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I talk about Muhammad in the bible and the thread gets shut down. No worries. I am used to being hated. This will be my last post and ill never be back so congrats you won. You proved to be like the rest of the world.

I have been here for almost one decade!

As a Shia Muslim, I would say that most of the sufferings of the Shia Muslims, whether in the current age or in the past, were because of the radical sectarian Sunni groups..

However, I must say that there is a problem when it comes to relation between Islam and the west. I mentioned only the west because i don't want to diffuse the topic..

Yes there are historical reasons, but clearly the Salafi terrorist groups have dramatically exacerbate the situation..

Some western extremists have also played a role, and also the lobbies of the anti-Muslim entities ..

This is a very big problem that needs time to be rightly addressed, everybody needs to do his part, and hopefully God will send his saviors to his poor savants in the nearest possible future..

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I talk about Muhammad in the bible and the thread gets shut down. No worries. I am used to being hated. This will be my last post and ill never be back so congrats you won. You proved to be like the rest of the world.

I think you were telling us Muhammed is in the Bible which is different to talking about it, this is like "miracles of science in the quran" and when it's challenged its so not fair, if you don't want this to happen don't put it in debates.

I hope you don't go though:)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I see some are still using "funny" as a way of attacking someone's post in spite of the staff here saying that should not be done.
I think they need to make an emoticon that looks like Ralph Kramden along the rhetorical lines of "Hardy Harr Harr"!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think they need to explain the shutdown procedure a little bit better. It's not always because of the opening post, but rather the direction the thread takes down the line that causes a shutdown for review.

All the same, debates are pretty tough sometimes, the forums like the dir and same faith are available to all of us posters where you can discuss with your religious brothers and sisters. They even have a journal section for a personal touch. :0)

Hope it helps a bit if you perchance peek at the thread again.

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
The purpose of debating is to logically convince the listener or reader to your viewpoint. It is hard not to sound as one winning souls or enlightening to a new way of thinking, religious or atheists. I have had a post pulled before describing what changed my mind to rethink Christianity and turn agnostic. A religious viewpoint will seem as preaching to an athiest or someone of another faith. Imo that line shouldn't be so sensitive. It's all part of the debate, it's going to be convincing or foolish compared to the argument of the opposition. I.e. watch the famous Ken Ham vs Bill Nye debate. Ken ham seem to preach parts of that debate, but actually he was defending creation vs evolution and the bible is all part of that argument, so no doubt he as a Christian would have say what he believes.

rrobs

So you're cool with metaphysical truths you can't fathom, but you're stuck on the relationship between the mind (Father) and the body (Son) when it comes to God?

Very enigmatic, indeed!
Well, I'm not at all cool with metaphysical truths I can't fathom. I just summed up the opening of the Tao Te Ching. It pretty plainly says the tao that can be fathomed is not the tao. I have zero interest in something I can't understand.

The scriptures are another story. They absolutely make sense. Of course they do have to be studied a bit to see that. Few who criticize them have actually spent much time in studying them. I have found that most people's "knowledge" of the scriptures come from what others say about them and not from the scriptures themselves. Suffice it to say, popular views of the scriptures accord little with the scriptures themselves.

For example, you equated the mind with the father and the body with the son (at least I think that's what you said). If you want me to believe that you'll have to show me where it says that. I've never seen anything like that, but I certainly don't know it all.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Well, I'm not at all cool with metaphysical truths I can't fathom. I just summed up the opening of the Tao Te Ching. It pretty plainly says the tao that can be fathomed is not the tao. I have zero interest in something I can't understand.

The scriptures are another story. They absolutely make sense. Of course they do have to be studied a bit to see that. Few who criticize them have actually spent much time in studying them. I have found that most people's "knowledge" of the scriptures come from what others say about them and not from the scriptures themselves. Suffice it to say, popular views of the scriptures accord little with the scriptures themselves.

For example, you equated the mind with the father and the body with the son (at least I think that's what you said). If you want me to believe that you'll have to show me where it says that. I've never seen anything like that, but I certainly don't know it all.

Well, it does take a little inductive reasoning to go from being created in God's image to understanding our special status as triune beings like God, but at least it's in the wheelhouse of reason to begin with (as opposed to koans like "the tao that can be spoken is not the true tao")--but hey, that's what us prophets are for, right? To help the ones with different gifts to understand the divine will and purposes more fully.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My Catholic and Shinto faith gets insulted here all the time. Unlike so many Muslims, I can deal with people insulting my Religion and myself. So many Muslims can't handle it so they have laws where a person can be imprisoned or executed for criticizing the prophet Muhammad or the Quran.

But their faith wasn't even insulted. They made an unsubstantiated claim and it was refuted. You can't simply make assertions here and expect no one to challenge, critique, and scrutinize them.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Well, it does take a little inductive reasoning to go from being created in God's image to understanding our special status as triune beings like God, but at least it's in the wheelhouse of reason to begin with (as opposed to koans like "the tao that can be spoken is not the true tao")--but hey, that's what us prophets are for, right? To help the ones with different gifts to understand the divine will and purposes more fully.

"Faith" is a real thing, we all have faith sometimes. But let's not conflate your faith with "inductive reasoning".

Axe Elf

Prophet
"Faith" is a real thing, we all have faith sometimes. But let's not conflate your faith with "inductive reasoning".

I would never do such a thing.

1. We are created in God's image.
2. We have a mind, body and spirit.
3. God has a mind, body and spirit too.

...is a formulation of inductive reasoning, not faith. Accepting the truth of the premises may be a matter of faith, but the reasoning is not.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I would never do such a thing.

1. We are created in God's image.
2. We have a mind, body and spirit.
3. God has a mind, body and spirit too.

...is a formulation of inductive reasoning, not faith. Accepting the truth of the premises may be a matter of faith, but the reasoning is not.

Got it, and fair enough. But I think we could perform similar analysis on the Tao.

David1967

Premium Member

You do realize that this is a debate forum, right? If your thread gets shut down I can promise you that it's not because you are Muslim. There are lots of Muslims here that have very active threads that don't get shut down. Rather than running off with your feelings hurt, why not simply check out the forum rules and stop doing whatever you did to get your threads shut down.

OutbackGer

No apologies for typ0s!
I would agree RF is not very hospitable to Muslims I agree with this but as I read your thread I think the nature of Muhammad being in the Bible has been a long standing debate for some time. But this is not a place to “spread the word of Islam,” because due to the climate of what is going on in the world very many people are biased in their opinions regarding Muslims and Islam.

By the way I’m a non-Muslim that has went to bat for Muslims and Islam many times hence is why people mistakenly consider me a Muslim. Although, and perhaps at heart I maybe, but I love Hennessy too much. But if you truly want to spread the message of Islam continue to study Islamic theology, philosophy, or do charitable works.

I haven't been a member here long, but have seen some of your threads which is why I also had assumed you were Muslim.

Genuine question: Why aren't you Muslim?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I haven't been a member here long, but have seen some of your threads which is why I also had assumed you were Muslim.

Genuine question: Why aren't you Muslim?

Good question!

I like to drink after work and I am unsure of the validity of religions themselves. I’m even unsure if God is objectively accurate as described in text. But because of my upbringing I find myself believing the historical existence of Biblical and Quranic figures.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
A. God said we would be hated for telling the truth.
B. I am hated.
C. Therefore, I must be telling the truth.

To me, telling the truth means telling the 'religious truth ' as taught by Jesus.
Men in power will Not want to relinquish their sovereignty to Jesus at the coming time of Daniel 2:44.
But Jesus, as King of God's Kingdom, is the only one who can establish Peace on Earth.