• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and Theory of Evolution

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Yes.

Because there are two plots: Once upon a time I was stupid and I got smart or once upon a time I was smart and got stupid. Neither interests me. I am much more interested in, say, Ken Miller, who is a strong and very bright evolutionist and yet a devout and practicing Catholic.

You say Ken Miller is a strong and very bright evolutionist whilst being a devout and practicing Catholic.

So, i guess i am the one making suppositions?

Hehe. Hypocrisy at its finest :)

Sapiens

Polymathematician
You have no idea of how broad their knowledge is.

The only knowledge in Scriptures is there by cultural osmosis, not by Divine inculcation.

Jabar

You have no idea of how broad their knowledge is.

The only knowledge in Scriptures is there by cultural osmosis, not by Divine inculcation.

Haha, so you hold these ignorant people and act as if they are like a deity?

Allah challenges everyone to produce a chapter like the Qur'an but they all fail, why is this?

Hahaha. Lol.

:)

Jabar

No, I hold them to be what they are, respected colleagues.

Because intelligent people try not to rise to moldy bait?

Yes but you are trying to put them on a level of knowledge to a divine scripture.

Yeah, more like an excuse to try and get your accusation across without evidence.

They all fail.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
True.

Who do you think is the smartest scholar of Islam?

For recently for Arabic speakers there are many , I think the best one for me :Omar Abdelkafy then Adnan Ibrahim and Amro Khaled

For English speakers , Dr Zakir, and Ahmed Deedat ,and Hamza Yusuf and Yusuf Estes and Nourman Ali Khan.

For French speakers I like Rachid Abou Houdeyfa.

For me N° one is Omar Abdelkafy.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Quran is not absolutely against evolution in my opinion.

I may be wrong.

Qur´án 76:28:
We have created them and strengthened their forms, and when We will, We can change their likenesses with [complete] alteration.
Qur´an 56:60-61
We have decreed death among you, and We are not to be outdone. . .
In that We will change your likenesses and produce you in that [form] which you do not know.
Qur´an 7:24:

[ Allah ] said, "Descend, being to one another enemies. And for you on the earth is a place of settlement and enjoyment for a time."

Qur´an 6:133

And your Lord is the Free of need, the possessor of mercy. If He wills, he can do away with you and give succession after you to whomever He wills, just as He produced you from the descendants of another people.

That's right , but not like theories claiming .

Evolution for Him is changes of His creations during a period of time.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Allah challenges everyone to produce a chapter like the Qur'an but they all fail, why is this?

Most likely for the same reason nobody's ever succeeded at producing a scene or sonnet like Shakespeare.

Jabar

Wasn't this thread intended for a specific audience? Perhaps we should all respect the OP and let adherents of non-Abrahamic faiths answer, instead of letting it devolve into Abrahamic arguments. There are other threads for that.

I believe not.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Haha, yes they did in fact they surpassed it.

Nothing has surpassed the Qur'an or made similar to besides his own word.

HAHAH: https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...d-fewer-words-but-better-rhymes-than-rappers/

Rappers surpass Shakespeare.

Well, for starters, news outlets have a TERRIBLE track record for accurately recording what "science has proven." More often than not, they're completely wrong, or at least highly misleading. I wouldn't trust them.

Furthermore, that article focues solely on vocabulary. But it also seems to not understand something: dialect. Shakespeare spoke a dialect of Elizabethan English, not any form of Modern English (and certainly not African American Vernacular English, the most common dialect in modern hip-hop.) Since the only qualification is "like", which is too vague to be useful, then I can very easily say that these hip-hop artists, talented poets though they may often be, have not succeeded in producing anything "like" Shakespeare.

Jabar

Well, for starters, news outlets have a TERRIBLE track record for accurately recording what "science has proven." More often than not, they're completely wrong, or at least highly misleading. I wouldn't trust them.

Furthermore, that article focues solely on vocabulary. But it also seems to not understand something: dialect. Shakespeare spoke a dialect of Elizabethan English, not any form of Modern English (and certainly not African American Vernacular English, the most common dialect in modern hip-hop.) Since the only qualification is "like", which is too vague to be useful, then I can very easily say that these hip-hop artists, talented poets though they may often be, have not succeeded in producing anything "like" Shakespeare.

Well, considering his lyrics are worst then Justin Bieber then it is really garbo.

Chaucer was far more superior.

EVEN IF, there are none works like his which there obviously is, then it is because there are better works than his.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Well, considering his lyrics are worst then Justin Bieber then it is really garbo.

Wouldn't know, I've never heard Bieber's work. Check back in about 400 years and we'll see if he's Mozart or Salieri.

Chaucer was far more superior.

...okay, sorry everyone, but I simply HAVE to.