• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and Theory of Evolution

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
I don't even know what those mean anymore in regards to books...

They aren't science books and so of course won't have science anything. I don't even know how a book could contain any sort of "miracle."

Fun fact, though: Shakespeare died on the same day that he was (almost certainly) born: April 23rd.

This, however, they absolutely do have. Much of the poetry on display is unrivaled.

That very time I saw (but thou couldst not)
Flying between the cold moon and the Earth,
Cupid all armed. A certain aim he took
At a fair vestal thronèd by the west,
And loosed his love shaft smartly from his bow
As it should pierce a hundred thousand hearts.
But I might see young Cupid’s fiery shaft
Quenched in the chaste beams of the watery moon,
And the imperial votaress passèd on,
In maiden meditation, fancy-free.
Yet marked I where the bolt of Cupid fell.
It fell upon a little western flower,
Before milk-white, now purple with love’s wound.
And maidens call it “love-in-idleness.”

Qur'an is not a science book but still contains scientific evidences.

:)

Jabar

so you can't prove Shakespeare is inferior?

If it works for you that the koran is correct until proven wrong then it also works for me that Shakespear is superior until proven inferior.

No worries, I ain't holding my breath

Sure thing, but i think you should go research that on your own. . .

If that is what you think.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
@Jabar: Stop trolling.

The rest of you: stop feeding the trolls. Otherwise, you might as well close this thread, because it's been hijacked and ruined. It could've been a good thread, but some people can't resist forcing their opinions where it doesn't belong, even though they have copious opportunities and areas where their beliefs can be voiced. Indeed, they already pretty much own the conversation and do all they can shut down other people's views. The drowning out of minority views is quite infuriating.

Jabar

@Jabar: Stop trolling.

The rest of you: stop feeding the trolls. Otherwise, you might as well close this thread, because it's been hijacked and ruined. It could've been a good thread, but some people can't resist forcing their opinions where it doesn't belong, even though they have copious opportunities and areas where their beliefs can be voiced. Indeed, they already pretty much own the conversation and do all they can shut down other people's views. The drowning out of minority views is quite infuriating.

I believe you should refrain from making suppositions, i am never trolling.

I think they are the real trolls for trying to degrade the Qur'an and try and make me mad by saying Shakespeare work is better.

Jabar

You are trolling. This thread specifically asked for the opinions of members of non-Abrahamic religions and then you and at least one other person come in here and make it about Islam. Take that elsewhere.

How is this Non-Abrahamic?

Besides, there are many other Abrahamics that commented but of course you direct the comment to me.

I just came here to comment on a Muslim brother post but then get many people to come at me, guess i am at fault all the time.

Jabar

Why don't you actually read the OP:

Why do you suppose me of trolling?

Other Abrahamic posts were on this thread but of course i am directed even after they seem like they are trolling by calling Shakespeare work better.

Jabar

...you really wanna go down that rabbit hole and derail this thread even further than we already have?

So, now you trying to put the blame on me?

Haha, you are funny. . .

Though not really.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Other Abrahamic posts were on this thread but of course i am directed even after they seem like they are trolling by calling Shakespeare work better.

Because you are trolling. You come in here and help drive the thread off-topic and make it into yet another pointless argument over the Qur'an. Go argue over the Qur'an elsewhere. That's not what this thread is about.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I think they are the real trolls for trying to degrade the Qur'an and try and make me mad by saying Shakespeare work is better.

I'm not trying to make you mad. I'm sharing my genuine opinion. If that opinion bothers you, well, I've been there and all I can say is: too bad.

For the record, I also never once said that I thought the Qur'an had no power or beauty. It most certainly does. It just so happens that in my personal opinion, I have found works that I like better.

Now, I want you to take a second look at that phrase: I like better. I've been in this business of arguing which of our favorite works of art is actually better than other peoples' favorite works of art long enough to have realized how dumb the whole thing is. I've seen people call the Qur'an incredibly dry and boring; I think it's neither (at least the Yusuf-Ali translation; I can neither read Arabic nor do I have any plans to.) It's merely not my thing.

So, now you trying to put the blame on me?

What do you mean? I'm not a fan of "putting blame" on anybody. If anything, I followed you down that dumb rabbit hole of "my book's better than your book nya nya!"

Jabar

Because you are trolling. You come in here and help drive the thread off-topic and make it into yet another pointless argument over the Qur'an. Go argue over the Qur'an elsewhere. That's not what this thread is about.

What are you talking about?????????

You are acting brainwashed and fooled.

I come here and they argue and tell me the Qur'an is lower than Shakespeare, if they do not like what i say just say it and stop insulting the Qur'an.

Once again other Abrahamic believer was here commenting but OF COURSE YOU DO NOT COMMENT BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO BE PREJUDICE>

Jabar

I'm not trying to make you mad. I'm sharing my genuine opinion. If that opinion bothers you, well, I've been there and all I can say is: too bad.

For the record, I also never once said that I thought the Qur'an had no power or beauty. It most certainly does. It just so happens that in my personal opinion, I have found works that I like better.

Now, I want you to take a second look at that phrase: I like better. I've been in this business of arguing which of our favorite works of art is actually better than other peoples' favorite works of art long enough to have realized how dumb the whole thing is. I've seen people call the Qur'an incredibly dry and boring; I think it's neither (at least the Yusuf-Ali translation; I can neither read Arabic nor do I have any plans to.) It's merely not my thing.

What do you mean? I'm not a fan of "putting blame" on anybody. If anything, I followed you down that dumb rabbit hole of "my book's better than your book nya nya!"

OKAY, then i am sharing my general opinion. If it bothers you, then do not come at me with insulting remarks on Qur'an.

That is fine if it is not your thing.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What are you talking about?????????

You are acting brainwashed and fooled.

I come here and they argue and tell me the Qur'an is lower than Shakespeare, if they do not like what i say just say it and stop insulting the Qur'an.

Once again other Abrahamic believer was here commenting but OF COURSE YOU DO NOT COMMENT BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO BE PREJUDICE>

I only noticed this thread last night. It looks like the derailment started with @Godobeyer, and he was wrong for doing that. @Helvetios tried to remind everyone of what the thread was about and was ignored.

Now I'm reminding you again and you're getting uppity with me. You can ignore it and continue messing up the thread. It might be closed at this point. The nonsense has gone on for pages.

Jabar

I only noticed this thread last night. It looks like the derailment started with @Godobeyer, and he was wrong for doing that. @Helvetios tried to remind everyone of what the thread was about and was ignored.

Now I'm reminding you again and you're getting uppity with me. You can ignore it and continue messing up the thread. It might be closed at this point. The nonsense has gone on for pages.

I took what @Helvetios was saying, and i was about to leave until they started saying some blasphemy that got on my nerves.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate

If you would have never commented here where you were not asked to be, no comments would have been made about the quaran because, after all, you're the one who brought it up.

THEN, you make a comment about the Quaran on a public forum and in a topic created by an anti-theist; then cry foul when your beliefs are criticized?

Have you ever heard the story about the scorpion and the fox? Both needed to cross a river. The scorpion asked the fox to take him across. The fox refused. "You'll sting me," he said. The scorpion promised not to sting the fox and after a time of begging and promising, the fox agreed. The scorpion jumps on the neck of the fox and the fox started the difficult swim. About halfway across the river, the scorpion stung the fox. As the venom raced through its veins and he became weaker, unable to make it across the river, the fox said, "Why did you do that? I don't understand!" "I'm sorry", said the Scorpion. "I couldn't help it. It is in my nature."

When I come to a religious forum and admit openly that I am an anti-theist who accepts evolution as fact and who also happens to be gay, I expect a certain response. I expect to be ridiculed, put down, and called names like "perverse, abomination, immoral, angry at God, arrogant" and many other stings will I receive for being here. There's no need for me to cry about it or play "victim" or be all upset. When we come to a forum, open to the public and all religious affiliations and pronounce our views, we are going to be stung. It's to be expected; and we have no one but ourselves to blame because we came here willingly, knowing that would be the case.

Jabar

If you would have never commented here where you were not asked to be, no comments would have been made about the quaran because, after all, you're the one who brought it up.

THEN, you make a comment about the Quaran on a public forum and in a topic created by an anti-theist; then cry foul when your beliefs are criticized?

Have you ever heard the story about the scorpion and the fox? Both needed to cross a river. The scorpion asked the fox to take him across. The fox refused. "You'll sting me," he said. The scorpion promised not to sting the fox and after a time of begging and promising, the fox agreed. The scorpion jumps on the neck of the fox and the fox started the difficult swim. About halfway across the river, the scorpion stung the fox. As the venom raced through its veins and he became weaker, unable to make it across the river, the fox said, "Why did you do that? I don't understand!" "I'm sorry", said the Scorpion. "I couldn't help it. It is in my nature."

When I come to a religious forum and admit openly that I am an anti-theist who accepts evolution as fact and who also happens to be gay, I expect a certain response. I expect to be ridiculed, put down, and called names like "perverse, abomination, immoral, angry at God, arrogant" and many other stings will I receive for being here. There's no need for me to cry about it or play "victim" or be all upset. When we come to a forum, open to the public and all religious affiliations and pronounce our views, we are going to be stung. It's to be expected; and we have no one but ourselves to blame because we came here willingly, knowing that would be the case.

I saw Godobeyer's post so i was like ohh, and i replied, you have to stop jumping on the false bandwagon and get real brother.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
OKAY, then i am sharing my general opinion. If it bothers you, then do not come at me with insulting remarks on Qur'an.

That is fine if it is not your thing.

That's all I've been saying.

I fail to see how I've been insulting to a book... though frankly, how can something that's supposed to be "from God" even be capable of being insulted?

Jabar

That's all I've been saying.

I fail to see how I've been insulting to a book... though frankly, how can something that's supposed to be "from God" even be capable of being insulted?

Haha, you just said blasphemy right now hahahaha.