• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and Theory of Evolution

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Hello

I believe Creator and how he created the creation, are beyond our understanding.
I believe human mind is really limited ,can't reach that point.

*the something coming from nothing had no sense.

When he said theory of gravity i was crying. . .

When Zakir Naik was like i am sorry what did you say, i started dying hahaha. ´´Í am sorry your knowledge in science is very weak´´ Haha atheist got exposed.

He also said law of evolution.

Lol, he then proceeded to ask is heart pumping theory or fact, haha he the type to say it is a theory.

Atheist got exposed.
:)

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
When he said theory of gravity i was crying. . .

When Zakir Naik was like i am sorry what did you say, i started dying hahaha. ´´Í am sorry your knowledge in science is very weak´´ Haha atheist got exposed.

He also said law of evolution.

Lol, he then proceeded to ask is heart pumping theory or fact, haha he the type to say it is a theory.

Atheist got exposed.
Dr Naik Zakir is my farvorite scholar in these issues, Allah gave him great talent in memorize Bible and Quran and Hindu holy books .

Jabar

Quran is not absolutely against evolution in my opinion.

I may be wrong.

Qur´án 76:28:
We have created them and strengthened their forms, and when We will, We can change their likenesses with [complete] alteration.
Qur´an 56:60-61
We have decreed death among you, and We are not to be outdone. . .
In that We will change your likenesses and produce you in that [form] which you do not know.

Qur´an 7:24:

[ Allah ] said, "Descend, being to one another enemies. And for you on the earth is a place of settlement and enjoyment for a time."

Qur´an 6:133

And your Lord is the Free of need, the possessor of mercy. If He wills, he can do away with you and give succession after you to whomever He wills, just as He produced you from the descendants of another people.

Jabar

Dr Naik Zakir is my farvorite scholar in these issues, Allah gave him great talent in memorize Bible and Quran and Hindu holy books .

True.

Who do you think is the smartest scholar of Islam?

Jabar

I'm sure he knows more about Pokemon than I do, also about the Quran. But when it comes to real world science, the man appears quite incompetent.

Pokemon? haha, real world science, i am sure he posses more knowledge.

Every questioner always acts cocky but when talking to him in person you will be thrilled in his memorization and would give you a thrashing real quick leaving you senseless.

The only way you would have a chance in my opinion is if the debate is with the internet in front of you.

If you believe he is incompetent, then i would like you to go to IRF or challenge him to debate you and we will then see the outcome haha, although it might not be good on your part hehe.

I have not seen Zakir exposed ever in a debate or cross talk, i do not expect you to do all that much, no offense lol.

:p

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Pokemon? haha, real world science, i am sure he posses more knowledge.
I am not.
Every questioner always acts cocky but when talking to him in person you will be thrilled in his memorization and would give you a thrashing real quick leaving you senseless.
Then he is just a waste of talent.
The only way you would have a chance in my opinion is if the debate is with the internet in front of you.
I seek "truth," not a game of concentration.
If you believe he is incompetent, then i would like you to go to IRF or challenge him to debate you and we will then see the outcome haha, although it might not be good on your part hehe.
I see no need to pick on the weak.
I have not seen Zakir exposed ever in a debate or cross talk, i do not expect you to do all that much, no offense lol.

:p
Well, if he wants to come to Hawaii (Muhammad to the mountain, as it were) I'll be glad to have him stay with us, eat our vegetarian food, and kick his butt in the bargain, it would hardly be a strain.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Well, the Abrahamic religions are quite outspoken on their views of evolution and how they perceive it affects their religion. I'm curious; How does evolution affect other religions? If you are not affiliated with an Abrahamic religion, I am curious to hear how Evolution affects, coincides or contradicts your spiritual beliefs. In this context, I will offer no rebuttals or discourse; this is topic is specifically to attain views from those whom I rarely hear from.

Thanx.
Just to be clear, not all those affiliated with an Abrahamic religion reject evolution.

Jabar

I am not.

Then he is just a waste of talent.
I seek "truth," not a game of concentration.

I see no need to pick on the weak.

Well, if he wants to come to Hawaii (Muhammad to the mountain, as it were) I'll be glad to have him stay with us, eat our vegetarian food, and kick his butt in the bargain, it would hardly be a strain.

Haha, but how many people listen to him worldwide? Like millions.

Lets analyze Sapiens, an average guy on religious forums.

Anyhow, did not mean any offense.

Are you fan of John Loftus?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Haha, but how many people listen to him worldwide? Like millions.
Yeah, but he still puts his pants on one leg at a time. I've listened to his arguments, and they are poor. If millions of Muslims listen to him, well ... that's a reflection on them, not on him. I guess Islamic science had its day.
Lets analyze Sapiens, an average guy on religious forums.
That's not an analysis of me, that's you relying on supposition and making claims you can't support (again).
Anyhow, did not mean any offense.
I take no offense.
Are you fan of John Loftus?

No, I am disinterested in conversion stories, regardless of the direction.

Jabar

Yeah, but he still puts his pants on one leg at a time. I've listened to his arguments, and they are poor. If millions of Muslims listen to him, well ... that's a reflection on them, not on him. I guess Islamic science had its day.

That's not an analysis of me, that's you relying on supposition and making claims you can't support (again).
I take no offense.

No, I am disinterested in conversion stories, regardless of the direction.

Do you have any scholars you admire?

May i ask why you are disinterested in conversion stories?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Do you have any scholars you admire?
Yes.
May i ask why you are disinterested in conversion stories?

Because there are two plots: Once upon a time I was stupid and I got smart or once upon a time I was smart and got stupid. Neither interests me. I am much more interested in, say, Ken Miller, who is a strong and very bright evolutionist and yet a devout and practicing Catholic.

Jabar

Yes.

Because there are two plots: Once upon a time I was stupid and I got smart or once upon a time I was smart and got stupid. Neither interests me. I am much more interested in, say, Ken Miller, who is a strong and very bright evolutionist and yet a devout and practicing Catholic.

Which scholar do you admire or rather religious debater?
Lawrence Krauss?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Not particularly, physics and math types are too theoretical by and large.

McArthur, Stebbins, Wake, Mayr, Dennet, Ayella, Tukey, Russell, Dawkins, Caldwell, Levins, Nussbaum, Lovelock, Pauling, Tussman, Wilson, Putnam, for starters.

Jabar

Not particularly, physics and math types are too theoretical by and large.

McArthur, Stebbins, Wake, Mayr, Dennet, Ayella, Tukey, Russell, Dawkins, Caldwell, Levins, Nussbaum, Lovelock, Pauling, Tussman, Wilson, Putnam, for starters.

Isn't science types overall too theoretical by and large as well?

All these scholars have limited knowledge on religion but are philosophers, writers, scientists, mathematicians, critics, and creationism haters.

Perhaps you are blinded by today's society?

Which is more accurate, knowledge from a divine scripture, or knowledge from man that are blinded by today's society or whatever revered phrase you give to them?

Give me an A or B answer, do not grapple with words please.