• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and Theory of Evolution

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
It is not just answering, it is making vituperation and mockery of saintly/sacred divulgement.

...I really don't understand this kind of thinking...

I'm afraid this is where we must put and end to this charade. Our ways of thinking are simply too foreign to each other for us to have any meaningful dialogue.

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
...I really don't understand this kind of thinking...

I'm afraid this is where we must put and end to this charade. Our ways of thinking are simply too foreign to each other for us to have any meaningful dialogue.

More like a deficiency of cognizance on your part in terms of cognitive psychology on the Qur'an.

Much Obliged!

:)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
More like a deficiency of cognizance on your part in terms of cognitive psychology on the Qur'an.

Oh, you wanna continue?

Well, I'm afraid the argument of "well, you just don't understand it" has been used, both on me and by me, enough for me to recognize it for what it is: an inability to accept other peoples' opinions. It's pretty common in religions, though I've also seen it used of media. Either way, it's not an argument; it's an ad-hominem: http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adhomine.html

Jabar

Oh, you wanna continue?

Well, I'm afraid the argument of "well, you just don't understand it" has been used, both on me and by me, enough for me to recognize it for what it is: an inability to accept other peoples' opinions. It's pretty common in religions, though I've also seen it used of media. Either way, it's not an argument; it's an ad-hominem: http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adhomine.html

I will stop if you would like.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate

Much Obliged!

The "cognitive psychology" on the "qur'an" may be an interesting topic; though I doubt it would go your way. The psychology of belief is an interesting topic.

Using long words does not necessarily reflect education, knowledge or intelligence; as in evidenced by the incoherent fashion in which you have put your words together.

Jabar

The "cognitive psychology" on the "qur'an" may be an interesting topic; though I doubt it would go your way. The psychology of belief is an interesting topic.

Using long words does not necessarily reflect education, knowledge or intelligence; as in evidenced by the incoherent fashion in which you have put your words together.

Haha, true.

My tendency in using prolonged words is due to addiction.

gnostic

The Lost One
This thread was meant for people who follow non-abrahamic religions, and the tread has been hijacked by godobeyer and jabar.

Islam is an abrahamic religion, and they continually derailed this thread and making about Islam and the Qur'an.

NewGuyOnTheBlock was quite clear in the OP.

Can neither godobeyer and jabar withdraw from this thread, gracefully?

Apparently not.