• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and Theory of Evolution

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
I took what @Helvetios was saying, and i was about to leave until they started saying some blasphemy that got on my nerves.

Definition of blasphemy:

the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.

I do not believe in religion, thus there is no such thing as sacrilegious. I do not believe in god or sacred things. Thus I don't believe there is such a thing as "blasphemy".

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Don't feed it.

Brother, do you really think i am a troll.

Listen, i love you really much fr. . .

However, trust me i am not trolling from the bottom of my heart.

I admit that i should have never commented even after seeing a brother's post.

:)

Jabar

Definition of blasphemy:

the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.

I do not believe in religion, thus there is no such thing as sacrilegious. I do not believe in god or sacred things. Thus I don't believe there is such a thing as "blasphemy".

No, he said Shakespeare work is better than Qur'an.

That is misuse about God, if not worst.

My belief, once again.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Haha, you just said blasphemy right now hahahaha.

??? How?

No, he said Shakespeare work is better than Qur'an.

That is misuse about God, if not worst.

My belief, once again.

HOW?!?!?!

Woden's Spear, blasphemy is seriously the most confusing thing about these religions...

Definition of blasphemy:

Heck, I'm a polytheist who believes in many Gods, and freely poke fun at them all the time. The Hammer is a penis. :D

Jabar

??? How?

HOW?!?!?!

Woden's Spear, blasphemy is seriously the most confusing thing about these religions...

Heck, I'm a polytheist who believes in many Gods, and freely poke fun at them all the time. The Hammer is a penis. :D

You called God false basically.

This essentially becomes a game of pigeon chess which in turn incorporates to ideology of concept of God in terms of dissimilarity and divergent interests onto the conceptualization and fool notion.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

So? Shouldn't it be clear that, since I'm not a Muslim, I don't even consider the Qur'an to be from any God? And that since I'm not a monotheist, I don't even believe in a single creator God?

Not that it matters if I did. Why should I care about a deity who gets offended at stuff I say?

This essentially becomes a game of pigeon chess which in turn incorporates to ideology of concept of God in terms of dissimilarity and divergent interests onto the conceptualization and fool notion.

...my grammar brain just exploded. LOL But I think I understand.

Jabar

And according to the original Wicker Man movie, so's the Maypole. :D

So, now you to are making funny of lingams?

Your dogmatic style of debate results in denigrating of mores and tenet.

Dissimulation at its finest.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

WAIT A NANOSEC!

The challenge is about producing something "like" the Qur'an, right? Like, the Qur'an virtually says, "bring it on", right?

Then why in the name of John Barleycorn would it be "blasphemous" to answer that challenge?!

Jabar

We don't care about your deity or your religious book. Deal with it. If you can't handle viewpoints that conflict with yours, then this isn't the site for you.

I can, but when my own extremity of ideology and tenet are exhibited, they are adjudged in a defaming manner.

Jabar

WAIT A NANOSEC!

The challenge is about producing something "like" the Qur'an, right? Like, the Qur'an virtually says, "bring it on", right?

Then why in the name of John Barleycorn would it be "blasphemous" to answer that challenge?!

It is not just answering, it is making vituperation and mockery of saintly/sacred divulgement.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Well, the Abrahamic religions are quite outspoken on their views of evolution and how they perceive it affects their religion. I'm curious; How does evolution affect other religions? If you are not affiliated with an Abrahamic religion, I am curious to hear how Evolution affects, coincides or contradicts your spiritual beliefs. In this context, I will offer no rebuttals or discourse; this is topic is specifically to attain views from those whom I rarely hear from.

Thanx.

Mostly it does not affect my particular take on Christianity.
The one basic problem, is that some variations on evolution, take abiogenesis
as the primary founding principle on how life first originated.

That is, that life (and by implication consciousness)
just somehow magically manifests where it previously was just dead atoms.

The primary difference between Theists and aTheists is that
Theists acknowledge that the origin of life is mystical,
whereas aTheists try to pretend that it is not mystical,
and just gloss over the mystical features of abiogenesis.