• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and Theory of Evolution

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Wouldn't know, I've never heard Bieber's work. Check back in about 400 years and we'll see if he's Mozart or Salieri.

...okay, sorry everyone, but I simply HAVE to.

Haha. Shakespeare is inferior to modern day rappers admit it. . .

Does his plays have scientific evidences? Does it contain miracles? Eloquent language, NOPE!

:)

Jabar

Yes, it is the answer.
Your inability to understand the answer is your problem, not mine.

I do not believe that answered my question. The question is filled with misconceptions and lack of understanding.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Are you really going to say that?

HAHAHAHA, you are blinded by today's society,

I feel really bad for you.

you have not proven that Shakespeare is not superior to the Koran.

Sad really, I mean if the Koran was superior, you would be able to prove it.
That you do not even try is most revealing.

Jabar

you have not proven that Shakespeare is not superior to the Koran.

Sad really, I mean if the Koran was superior, you would be able to prove it.
That you do not even try is most revealing.

Haha, i do not think even attempting to prove a foolish work of a English poet known as ''greatest writer'' to a divine book, the Qur'an.

I think you yourself should prove that it is superior because you made that claim, i already know your beliefs.

Jabar

Shakespeare has surpassed the Koran.
And the Bible for that matter.

You acting like a fool, the Bible is made from Allah, now if you mean the changed Bible, then you are acting brainwashed, since Qur'an last revelation and superior to the Bible.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Haha, i do not think even attempting to prove a foolish work

Shakespeare wrote 37 plays and well over a hundred sonnets, not a single work.

Though while some of them are unsurpassed masterpieces, some of those plays are ... quite, quite foolish. :facepalm:

of a English poet known as ''greatest writer''

Well, it's not for nothing that he's not called The Bard, nor Bardolatry an actual Thing.

I don't know about "greatest writer", but he did basically invent a huge chunk of Modern English. So if nothing else, he's the most influential writer in Modern English.

to a divine book, the Qur'an.

I'd never heard of the Qur'an until Middle School, and almost never hear it quoted except in Islamic contexts.

But (often without even realizing it) I quote Shakespeare, and hear him quoted, every single day. And if you're speaking Modern English, you are, too.

Jabar

Shakespeare wrote 37 plays and well over a hundred sonnets, not a single work.

Though while some of them are unsurpassed masterpieces, some of those plays are ... quite, quite foolish. :facepalm:

Well, it's not for nothing that he's not called The Bard, nor Bardolatry an actual Thing.

I don't know about "greatest writer", but he did basically invent a huge chunk of Modern English. So if nothing else, he's the most influential writer in Modern English.

I'd never heard of the Qur'an until Middle School, and almost never hear it quoted except in Islamic contexts.

But (often without even realizing it) I quote Shakespeare, and hear him quoted, every single day. And if you're speaking Modern English, you are, too.

Well, yeah that is in American schools and things of such, they incorporate their English teachings.

Anyhow, that is not relevant as other countries teach Islam and things of such only.

What matters in terms of our conversation right now is what is superior.

If you are to say Shakespeare plays are more superior to Qur'an that is the equivalent of saying a human has better literature than a God.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Well, yeah that is in American schools and things of such, they incorporate their English teachings.

No, no, not in "schools." I mean in everyday speech, household words, book titles, and words that he invented.

Anyhow, that is not relevant as other countries teach Islam and things of such only.

What matters in terms of our conversation right now is what is superior.

Which I find laughable, since none of us can be impartial critics in such things.

If you are to say Shakespeare plays are more superior to Qur'an that is the equivalent of saying a human has better literature than a God.

Well, it might not seem like fair play to you, but if the Qur'an was written by a God (not yet a foregone conclusion, anyway), then the human Will Shakespeare did produce literature that I find way more powerful personally, and influential on my culture and thinking, than the God in question. In my mind's eye, at least.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, this thread has turned into a trainwreck. Why do followers of certain religions feel the need to hijack threads which are explicitly not asking for their views? Stop it.

Anyway, I'm a pantheist, so science just reveals to me the workings of how my deity wishes to manifest Herself. I have no problems with the theory of evolution. There is no creator/creation distinction in my beliefs.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
Does his plays have scientific evidences? Does it contain miracles? Eloquent language, NOPE!

The Quran doesn't have "scientific evidences" either. It has colorful language that is vague enough and often poorly misunderstood allowing the shoehorning of whatever we want to fit in there.

Oh, by the way; those who would advocate that "I will cast you down through the 7 layers of the earth" is figurative speech.

Islam and Christianity both developed from the Jewish religion; and in the Jewish religion, we have the Kabbalah; and in that tradition, we have this thing called "numerology"; which attributes certain significance to certain numbers.

http://www.betemunah.org/seven.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Significance_of_numbers_in_Judaism#7

The number 7 is the number of "completion"; thus, "I will cast you down through the 7 layers of the earth" really means "I will cast you down completely". It's as figurative of speech as, "Man, that girl is HOT!" (which does not refer to her temperature).

Anyway; I'm rambling.

So, last but not least, there are "miracles" and "magic" in every other tradition; and a whole lot of it in books by C. S. Lewis and J. K. Rowling and Stephen King.

"Miracles" in books proves nothing except the vivid imagination of their authors.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Does his plays have scientific evidences? Does it contain miracles?

I don't even know what those mean anymore in regards to books...

They aren't science books and so of course won't have science anything. I don't even know how a book could contain any sort of "miracle."

Fun fact, though: Shakespeare died on the same day that he was (almost certainly) born: April 23rd.

Eloquent language, NOPE!

This, however, they absolutely do have. Much of the poetry on display is unrivaled.

That very time I saw (but thou couldst not)
Flying between the cold moon and the Earth,
Cupid all armed. A certain aim he took
At a fair vestal thronèd by the west,
And loosed his love shaft smartly from his bow
As it should pierce a hundred thousand hearts.
But I might see young Cupid’s fiery shaft
Quenched in the chaste beams of the watery moon,
And the imperial votaress passèd on,
In maiden meditation, fancy-free.
Yet marked I where the bolt of Cupid fell.
It fell upon a little western flower,
Before milk-white, now purple with love’s wound.
And maidens call it “love-in-idleness.”

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Haha, i do not think even attempting to prove a foolish work of a English poet known as ''greatest writer'' to a divine book, the Qur'an.

I think you yourself should prove that it is superior because you made that claim, i already know your beliefs.

so you can't prove Shakespeare is inferior?

If it works for you that the koran is correct until proven wrong then it also works for me that Shakespear is superior until proven inferior.

No worries, I ain't holding my breath

Jabar

The Quran doesn't have "scientific evidences" either. It has colorful language that is vague enough and often poorly misunderstood allowing the shoehorning of whatever we want to fit in there.

Oh, by the way; those who would advocate that "I will cast you down through the 7 layers of the earth" is figurative speech.

Islam and Christianity both developed from the Jewish religion; and in the Jewish religion, we have the Kabbalah; and in that tradition, we have this thing called "numerology"; which attributes certain significance to certain numbers.

http://www.betemunah.org/seven.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Significance_of_numbers_in_Judaism#7

The number 7 is the number of "completion"; thus, "I will cast you down through the 7 layers of the earth" really means "I will cast you down completely". It's as figurative of speech as, "Man, that girl is HOT!" (which does not refer to her temperature).

Anyway; I'm rambling.

So, last but not least, there are "miracles" and "magic" in every other tradition; and a whole lot of it in books by C. S. Lewis and J. K. Rowling and Stephen King.

"Miracles" in books proves nothing except the vivid imagination of their authors.

The Qur'an has many scientific evidences, but you have no understanding on the Qur'an which is why you feel this way or maybe of arrogance.