• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

proof of the true God?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Although written on perishable paper No one has been able to get rid of the Bible or Bible people.
If there was Not supernatural backing then the Bible because of enemies would have been gone long ago.
If it were Not for God's backing the global international work that Jesus said to do at Matthew 24:14 and Acts 1:8 would Not be able to be accomplished on such a vast world-wide scale as it is now being done today.

Further proof I find at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 is that when ' they ' (the powers that be) will be saying, " Peace and Security..." as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill. As it is written (on fragile paper) so it shall be !

What would happen if there the bible did not exist anymore (say everything decayed in the year 2070 as historical things do after awhile and cant be preserved forever)?

Where does ones faith go if there were no bibles anymore?

Im always puzzled when I see this. Im used to hearing god-exists because its supernatural in nature; you guys will be arguing this for centuries but paper? History? Archeology?

Even historians know things dont last forever.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
What or where is the proof of the true God, the Creator and Judge, the Living God, the Most High who lives forever and ever?

OK. I posted this in the Mormon thread.

OK. Here is what I think of the Godhead now. Hopefully it will be Kosher and reflect my individual knowledge as well.

The Universe exists on its own, but Multiverses are subsets with thought that exist because of God. They have their own creation stories so their existence and creation stories are both due to God; because of that those Gods are equivalent. Those Gods have bodies, being the controlling forces that rule those Multiverses. So the subset existence agent, its creation stories, and its controlling forces are all God. The Holy Ghost helps beings in the Universe have deeper thoughts so that they can exist higher.

So the subset existence, its creation stories, its controlling forces (in bodies), and its progression are all God. They are all God by definition.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What would happen if there the bible did not exist anymore (say everything decayed in the year 2070 as historical things do after awhile and cant be preserved forever)?
Where does ones faith go if there were no bibles anymore?
Im always puzzled when I see this. Im used to hearing god-exists because its supernatural in nature; you guys will be arguing this for centuries but paper? History? Archeology?
Even historians know things dont last forever.

Right, under normal conditions things don't last forever, but we are talking about super-normal conditions.

The point I wanted to make is that throughout the many centuries the Bible has many enemies.
Peoples from ' without ' have tried to ban Bibles, burn Bibles and even Bible people.
Peoples from ' within ' tried to forbid the flock of God from reading or even owning a Bible, even from having or possessing one page of the Bible.
Some were burned alive for being caught with Scripture. Burned by the very ones who were professing Christians.
That un-successful enemy pattern shows that there will Never be a time when the Bible is No more.
Before year 2070 we will be in Calendar Day One of the Year A.A. (After Armageddon) meaning we will be here on Earth during Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth.
In other words, Jesus will be governing in righteousness over Earth for a thousand years as per 1 Corinthians 15:24-26 and Scripture will never pass away.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Right, under normal conditions things don't last forever, but we are talking about super-normal conditions.

The point I wanted to make is that throughout the many centuries the Bible has many enemies.
Peoples from ' without ' have tried to ban Bibles, burn Bibles and even Bible people.
Peoples from ' within ' tried to forbid the flock of God from reading or even owning a Bible, even from having or possessing one page of the Bible.
Some were burned alive for being caught with Scripture. Burned by the very ones who were professing Christians.
That un-successful enemy pattern shows that there will Never be a time when the Bible is No more.
Before year 2070 we will be in Calendar Day One of the Year A.A. (After Armageddon) meaning we will be here on Earth during Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth.
In other words, Jesus will be governing in righteousness over Earth for a thousand years as per 1 Corinthians 15:24-26 and Scripture will never pass away.

Eh. The bible will disapear. Peoples faith will gradually change. Thats just the nature of life; something we take for granted, really. A lot of religious want and say their stories will last through oral teachings, keeping ones culture for future generations, and so forth. I do think the originial teaching of christ is lost by many people reinterpreting the bible.

Actually, that fact alone means years later, the bible will be so different that the only thing we hope to stay the same is the spiritual and cultural part of us that we transfer from one generation to the next. A lot of physical relics eventually die.

But, yeah, spirituaity changes all the time. I would not be surprised in 2060 we would all be muslims.

atanu

Premium Member
What or where is the proof of the true God, the Creator and Judge, the Living God, the Most High who lives forever and ever?

God is the seer/knower. Who else can see/know it? However, mind can fold up on itself and let the seer reveal the seer.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
It is kind of strange that the sun is the perfect size and distance away from the pale blue dot. It is very strange that the earth and moon revolve like clockwork. Fine tuning is also strange.

Seasons are very strange. I mean if the universe makes life here and we live on a fine line between life and destruction, how odd is that.

It makes me wonder what other latent potentialities the universe has. This existence is even peculiar for a multiverse. And multiverses are pure speculation as it is.

So nothing but an ideal god would shock me.

The animal kingdom is quite chaotic, primitive and savage. I dont see much harmony, but i do see precision.

An infinity or two of universes upon universes would not allow life like this to exist whatsoever, imo.

Enjoy the miracle, because creative force is not ruled out. Imo!

It would be interesting to compare other solar systems to ours, to see whats regular and normal as compared to ours. Exoplanets , i dont think, have turned up anything so exquisite as earth so far.

If we are totally unique, and totally alone then that would be cause to wonder about creative force. Wouldnt it?

If cosmologists are wrong mostly and dont know 98 percent of the universe, then you cant be pulling cards off the table on creative force.

Abiogenesis seems very speculative.
Thats something that is assumed as anything.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There is no proof that God exists, only evidence.
The Messengers of God such as Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah are the evidence of the true God, the Creator and Judge, the Living God, the Most High.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
As others have noted in various ways, your question is not quite clear or quite whole or quite meaningful in those exact terms.

Not everyone has a God conception that it would make sense to attempt to prove. Or that fits the description you give.

Before a meaningful answer can be given we would need to delimit your god-concept and establish how and why it would need or support the idea of a proof. Also, what kind of proof? Proof of what? Of clarity of concept? Literal existence? Internal coherence? Verisimilitude?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
... ....but we are talking about super-normal conditions.

I doubt Christianity today is anything like the original thousands of years ago.

There's no question the original writings don't exist whatsoever, and what exists today is certainly redacted and altered to fit each denomination.

You wouldn't have so many versions of the Bible and so many denominations by which those versions make a "fit" if things had been preserved.

It would be a lot more impressive if there was only one unified Christianity without all the sects and variations in scriptures.

There's simply no cornering of the market here when it comes to preservation and the type of claims that such will never be lost. It already has been lost, as evidenced by all the variation and differences that are out there.

Same as any other religion of antiquity.

Vee

Premium Member

Have a look at the universe, the earth, the animals, plants, etc. Spend sometime finding out how it all works together. Even with our limited knowledge it's quite amazing.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

This is unique. In China they attempted to destroy the works of Confucius in the whole country, but they failed.

As many times before date predictions for an Armageddon and Return have always failed,

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Have a look at the universe, the earth, the animals, plants, etc. Spend sometime finding out how it all works together. Even with our limited knowledge it's quite amazing.

It is extremely amazing science.

Etritonakin

That which exists is eternal. Whether considering God or matter/energy, something cannot come from absolute nothing -so that which now exists has "always" existed, but not in its present configuration.

The God of the bible actually claims to have been the beginning -or, that which was -and the end/that which will be. That definitely suggests development. God does not actually state that he has always existed in his present configuration -only that he has always existed (or is that which has always existed).

That which exists must generally and then specifically allow for that which will exist. It must first have been generally capable of producing the configuration which now exists -and have become specifically capable of producing each new configuration. The configuration which now exists is proof of the necessity of that which was required to produce it -and is indicative of the specific nature of such.

Certain things must precede self-awareness and creativity, and certain things are only possible after each development of/toward a self-aware creativity.

Skipping to the end due to lack of time to write.... That which now exists could not have been produced until everything was self-aware and creative -as that which now exists is indicative of such.

ecco

Veteran Member
Although written on perishable paper No one has been able to get rid of the Bible or Bible people.
If there was Not supernatural backing then the Bible because of enemies would have been gone long ago.
The same can be said for the Koran which does not recognize Jesus as a divinity.

DPMartin

above your head....beneath your feet....
all things is every direction....

take a look in the mirror
you are not an accident
and you are not your own handiwork

Na that’s a view from your prospective and a presumption that something made it. Though that may be sufficient for some. In the world of debate, it takes a little more focus then that, atheists, not to mention all souls see the same as you describe, and they aren’t seeing it.

Plus the question is who or what is the True God, not whether one can believe there is a god or gods, or not.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
opinions don't prove anything, where is the proof or what is the proof?
Honest theists will tell you there is no proof outside of their own experience of something they are convinced is of divine origin. Strong atheists, like myself, as not convinced, but at least can understand their sentiments through empathy.