• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

proof of the true God?

DPMartin

What or where is the proof of the true God, the Creator and Judge, the Living God, the Most High who lives forever and ever?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I couldn't tell you, nor do I care. I don't worship or acknowledge your god - it is no "true god" to me.

But I have to ask - why do you ask the question anyway? I mean, my gods are sort of self-evident so asking for proof is really silly from the gate, but why do you ask for proof of your god?

Sanzbir

This proof will not work on a cloudy day, but it will work on a clear or partly cloudy day. Here's the proof.

1: Go Outside.
2: Look Up.
3: Behold the Objective Proof of Tengger!!

joe1776

What or where is the proof of the true God, the Creator and Judge, the Living God, the Most High who lives forever and ever?
If a Loving Creator exists, and if it wanted us to have proof of its existence, we would have proof that would leave us no doubt. Therefore, either a Loving Creator doesn't exist or it has a good reason for keeping us in the dark about its existence.

If a Loving Creator exists and wants us to have free will along with moral guidance, we would be born with a simple, universal (meaning cross-cultural) moral guidance system. I think we probably have such a system -- and although it wouldn't be compelling evidence that a Loving Creator exists, it's enough to create the suspicion in my mind.

Over the last 30 years or so, science has been heading toward the intuitionist theory to explain conscience and away from the rationalist theory. This is the beginning of support for my hypothesis of a universal conscience. Here's a small sample:

From the New York Times: "According to Yale psychologist Paul Bloom, humans are born with a hard-wired morality. A deep sense of good and evil is bred in the bone. His research shows that babies and toddlers can judge the goodness and badness of others' actions; they want to reward the good and punish the bad; they act to help those in distress; they feel guilt, shame, pride, and righteous anger."

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
It would depend on how you conceptualize the idea of "God" whether or not there would be proof of the concept's truthfulness. For example, if you conceptualize "God" as an experience of wetness, then every time it rains you would have proof that this god-concept is true. But if someone else does not agree to that god-conception, then they will not find the rain to be proof of it's truthfulness. We humans have to define the truth before we can ascertain it. And that means that for we humans, the truth is always going to be relative, and subjective (relative and subject to our own preconceived definitions). And there's really no way around this. So asking us to prove your concept of God true or false for you is asking for something that we cannot provide. You have to do it for yourself.

Last edited:

Jumi

What or where is the proof of the true God
In the experience.

the Creator and Judge, the Living God
Nowhere as of yet. It's up to us if we believe in such.

the Most High who lives forever and ever?
We can't know if something exists for such amounts of time, we ourselves live but a short time here on a tiny planet in a tiny solar system in just one of the galaxies in one of the superclusters...

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Yes, I do have evidence for God's existence.
his almighty noodly appendage.jpeg

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

In your head...

With enough, faith, conviction on your part your subconscious mind will likely provide you all the proof you need.

Phantasman

I look for proof that there "isn't" a God. A big bang with the heat of a trillion suns cools off and out comes man. That's like saying an explosion happened in a print factory and out came Websters Dictionary.

Something we cannot explain is evident. Something much higher than the bang itself.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Although written on perishable paper No one has been able to get rid of the Bible or Bible people.
If there was Not supernatural backing then the Bible because of enemies would have been gone long ago.
If it were Not for God's backing the global international work that Jesus said to do at Matthew 24:14 and Acts 1:8 would Not be able to be accomplished on such a vast world-wide scale as it is now being done today.

Further proof I find at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 is that when ' they ' (the powers that be) will be saying, " Peace and Security..." as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill. As it is written (on fragile paper) so it shall be !