• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump won't commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses the election

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Who knows what lurks in his mind.
Doing what's best doesn't seem to always be his goal.
That's the truth. I hope you are right and that he meant something else or had a point that he didn't make clear. The clip, as is, is alarming to me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's the truth. I hope you are right and that he meant something else or had a point that he didn't make clear. The clip, as is, is alarming to me.
I can't be right....I made no claim....just speculation about a possibility.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Good point. I Dunno what to call it.
It's tough because the two sides of political thought have been taken over by some extreme ideas. I am a classic liberal but when I hear folks talk about the 'left' it is usually in reference to extremities.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's the most anyone can do today, I hope the speculations that allude to a misunderstanding are correct.
My hopes are broader than specific politicians.....
Less war, less disease, more money, more bacon,
& busy shows for antique engines.

Quetzal

Premium Member
There's no doubt that Trump blows a lot of hot air. He likes to irritate. I suspect whoever loses will fight it in court and claim fraud. This is not going to be a pleasant election for the USA. If Trump loses the election, including in court if necessary, he will peacfully leave office. But if it goes the other way, I fear more violence than we've seen yet.
The Mrs and I were talking about it some last night. It depends on how it goes down, right? If Trump wins the popular vote and the EC, we probably won't hear much (in comparison). My worry is that if he loses the popular vote and wins the EC. That will cause some problems. Another issue is that Trump has done a great job at setting the stage of mistrust with the election process this time around. It is entirely possible that if Biden wins that the more extreme military cosplayers on the right will begin to incite violence themselves.

As for me? I will accept the results because, despite my own opinion of the EC, the system is working as intended. It would take a pretty dramatic unfolding for me to question the outcome.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Actually, the headline is accurate. He was asked if he would commit to a peaceful transfer of power, and he did not answer affirmatively. That is refusing to commit to a peaceful transfer.
Its all adu about nothing. People don't recognize the characteristics of talking smack.

Of course Trump is going to step down if he loses the election.

I agree on one thing and that Trump likes to troll people and he's perfected it into an art form.

Trump is arguably now the most talked about person in the entire world and no doubt he loves the negative and positive attention thats being directed back at him.

So many threads dedicated here to Trump alone is a testament to that fact. The forum is making him into a legend of such heroism and villainy that he will be talked about for a long time to come.

Twilight Hue

It's tough because the two sides of political thought have been taken over by some extreme ideas. I am a classic liberal but when I hear folks talk about the 'left' it is usually in reference to extremities.
Yea thats starting to give me a bit of a pause now. I'm not even sure if using left and right monikers are all that accurate anymore.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
There is no debate here.

The Trump enablers are delusional, and attempts to engage them are worthless acts of catharsis at best. Rather, they must be repudiated, humiliated, and decimated by all legal means available. This is not a short term goal.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The Mrs and I were talking about it some last night. It depends on how it goes down, right? If Trump wins the popular vote and the EC, we probably won't hear much (in comparison).
I think that depends entirely on how much voter suppression we see from the Trump administration and Trump supporters.

We've already seen a few cases of Trump supporters trying to intimidate people in line for advance polls or trying to block access to the polls altogether. There's also been the issue of Trump's new Postmaster General trying to hamper mail delivery just as various states hit their registration deadline and as mail-in ballots are getting sent out and returned.

If the total number of Democrat votes is significantly below the total in 2016, and that makes the difference in the outcome of the election, expect protests regardless of Trump's winning margin.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Trump is arguably now the most talked about person in the entire world and no doubt he loves the negative and positive attention thats being directed back at him.

So many threads dedicated here to Trump alone is a testament to that fact. The forum is making him into a legend of such heroism and villainy that he will be talked about for a long time to come.

A narcissist’s dream come true.
Unfortunately, a nightmare come true for the USA.
The inevitable product of Hollywood and 65 years of television.

Twilight Hue

I think that depends entirely on how much voter suppression we see from the Trump administration and Trump supporters.

We've already seen a few cases of Trump supporters trying to intimidate people in line for advance polls or trying to block access to the polls altogether. There's also been the issue of Trump's new Postmaster General trying to hamper mail delivery just as various states hit their registration deadline and as mail-in ballots are getting sent out and returned.

If the total number of Democrat votes is significantly below the total in 2016, and that makes the difference in the outcome of the election, expect protests regardless of Trump's winning margin.
I'm sure Biden supporters will take full advantage of the bussing and migratory sectors to ensure the voting numbers are to their liking.

Quetzal

Premium Member
I'm sure Biden supporters will take full advantage of the bussing and migratory sectors to ensure the voting numbers are to their liking.
Just as I am sure you don't enjoy being generalized, those who on the opposite side of the aisle don't like it either. Most reasonable voting folk do not subscribe to voter fraud.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It’s the Democrats that are the ones that are demonstrating they would not accept the peaceful transfer of power. They are preparing many ways to steal the election. Extending deadlines for ballot turn in, requiring no postmarks, no required verification of ballot signatures, or no signatures at all! They have literally a thousand lawyers standing by waiting to file cases after November 3. Cases before left wing Biden sympathetic judges. All designed to stall, delay, and undermine the confidence in the election results. Delays to “manufacture” ballots. Because they are scared they won’t win with genuine voters. For example in Pennsylvania a bank of Democrat judges ruled ballots don’t have to be in on time and can be postmarked after Election Day. Similar measures are happening in most of the battleground states.

The Democrats are scared and trying to steal the election.
Amazing.

This thread is about Trump saying he won't commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the election, and you're going on about Democrats?

Amazing.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Its all adu about nothing. People don't recognize the characteristics of talking smack.

Of course Trump is going to step down if he loses the election.

I agree on one thing and that Trump likes to troll people and he's perfected it into an art form.

Kind of like Hitler? He was also a "massive troll" who got a lot of attention of doing and saying TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS things! What a scamp he was!

(Please forward all evocations of Godwin's law to my lawyer.)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There is no debate here.

The Trump enablers are delusional, and attempts to engage them are worthless acts of catharsis at best. Rather, they must be repudiated, humiliated, and decimated by all legal means available. This is not a short term goal.
The reality is that Trump has been repeatedly sending these "signals", such as his frequent saying that if he loses it's because of voter fraud due to mail-in ballots, and also his manipulating the USPS to hamstring it. This is what Michael Cohen warned Congress that he would do, much like Hitler's rants that all too many people thought was just harmless grandstanding. Churchill didn't shrug it off though, but very few paid any attention to him until...

And appointing another SCOTUS justice is important to Trump whereas the largely Pub appointed court might decide what we may end up with because of the complication of the electoral system. Roberts has shown he can decide either "left" or "right", thus not a dependable decider for Trump. This is another reason why they want to push this through even before the election.

Folks, we need to take this very seriously and not assume that all this is just "Trump being Trump". Much the same was said about Hitler, Mussolini, and Franco, but look what they and the world got.