• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No other Path to Unity but God.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Truth is relative to our chosen state of our conscience.
Do you think trump and many republicans have chosen their poor moral positions?

If so, what is the nature of these choices?

A Rational mind is a gift humans share.
Actually a rational mind comes when a person learns reasoning skills. Some are naturally gifted, but it is largely a skill that has to be learned.

Basic thinking comes with language acquisition, and many confuse basic thinking as reasoning or being rational. If more people were skilled at reasonings, and had better self-awareness, there would be fewer theists. I say this because theism is a social phenomenom where a member adopts the basic cultural tenets of their social experience. And this includes religious concepts and related behaviors like belief in a god. Are they choking this? No. Much of this happens subconsciously, and at such a young age that their brains are not fully developed. Most citizens end up mimicking what their social experiences teach them.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Lots of people join movements. I asked you about the young people that are protesting gun violence and climate change and The Black Lives Matter protests. Are Baha'is in the forefront of these movements? If now, are they supporting those movements?

The Baha'i are building a peaceful world communnity, without guns and predudices focused on protecting the environment.

Many youth are joining this movement.

Regards Tony

ppp

The Baha'i are building a peaceful world communnity, without guns and predudices focused on protecting the environment.

Many youth are joining this movement.

Regards Tony
That is quite the dodge. So the answer to transmutesoul's question is, No. The Bahai are not at the forefront of those movements.

ppp

Baha'is say we don't need to worry. Their laws are only for them. Trouble is... What if they were ever to become the majority?
Yeah. They think that they should be the ruling body of the world. But as you say, what could possibly go wrong there?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
It goes wrong when people choose not to accept God's wisdom, or change it to suit themselves.

Regards Tony
And related to that is when a religion takes an extreme interpretation, or sometimes all it takes is taking a verse literally, and kills others, takes their lands and forces their religion on those people. I know you always like to see the positive side of religion, but there is a negative side too.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
What are your thoughts on liberty?
Good?
Bad?
Should be carefully restricted?
Here's is from the man himself, Baha'u'llah... Probably direct your questions to Tony, though. I'm not going to support this stuff. I like liberty from religion... mostly their moral laws.
Consider the pettiness of men’s minds. They ask for that which injureth them, and cast away the thing that profiteth them. They are, indeed, of those that are far astray. We find some men desiring liberty, and priding themselves therein. Such men are in the depths of ignorance.
Liberty must, in the end, lead to sedition, whose flames none can quench. Thus warneth you He Who is the Reckoner, the All-Knowing. Know ye that the embodiment of liberty and its symbol is the animal. That which beseemeth man is submission unto such restraints as will protect him from his own ignorance, and guard him against the harm of the mischief-maker. Liberty causeth man to overstep the bounds of propriety, and to infringe on the dignity of his station. It debaseth him to the level of extreme depravity and wickedness.
Regard men as a flock of sheep that need a shepherd for their protection. This, verily, is the truth, the certain truth. We approve of liberty in certain circumstances, and refuse to sanction it in others. We, verily, are the All-Knowing.
Say: True liberty consisteth in man’s submission unto My commandments, little as ye know it. Were men to observe that which We have sent down unto them from the Heaven of Revelation, they would, of a certainty, attain unto perfect liberty. Happy is the man that hath apprehended the Purpose of God in whatever He hath revealed from the Heaven of His Will, that pervadeth all created things. Say: The liberty that profiteth you is to be found nowhere except in complete servitude unto God, the Eternal Truth. Whoso hath tasted of its sweetness will refuse to barter it for all the dominion of earth and heaven.​

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here's is from the man himself, Baha'u'llah... Probably direct your questions to Tony, though. I'm not going to support this stuff. I like liberty from religion... mostly their moral laws.
Consider the pettiness of men’s minds. They ask for that which injureth them, and cast away the thing that profiteth them. They are, indeed, of those that are far astray. We find some men desiring liberty, and priding themselves therein. Such men are in the depths of ignorance.
Liberty must, in the end, lead to sedition, whose flames none can quench. Thus warneth you He Who is the Reckoner, the All-Knowing. Know ye that the embodiment of liberty and its symbol is the animal. That which beseemeth man is submission unto such restraints as will protect him from his own ignorance, and guard him against the harm of the mischief-maker. Liberty causeth man to overstep the bounds of propriety, and to infringe on the dignity of his station. It debaseth him to the level of extreme depravity and wickedness.
Regard men as a flock of sheep that need a shepherd for their protection. This, verily, is the truth, the certain truth. We approve of liberty in certain circumstances, and refuse to sanction it in others. We, verily, are the All-Knowing.
Say: True liberty consisteth in man’s submission unto My commandments, little as ye know it. Were men to observe that which We have sent down unto them from the Heaven of Revelation, they would, of a certainty, attain unto perfect liberty. Happy is the man that hath apprehended the Purpose of God in whatever He hath revealed from the Heaven of His Will, that pervadeth all created things. Say: The liberty that profiteth you is to be found nowhere except in complete servitude unto God, the Eternal Truth. Whoso hath tasted of its sweetness will refuse to barter it for all the dominion of earth and heaven.​
I perused until I saw....
"Liberty must, in the end, lead to sedition, whose flames none can quench."

Ugh....sounds rather anti-liberty.
His proposed governed-by-God approach looks like it
would meet some violent resistance from the unwilling.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What are your thoughts on liberty?
Good?
Bad?
Should be carefully restricted?

It needs to be balanced, not unbridled.

This is what Baha'u'llah offered.

"Consider the pettiness of men's minds. They ask for that which injureth them, and cast away the thing that profiteth them. They are, indeed, of those that are far astray. We find some men desiring liberty, and priding themselves therein. Such men are in the depths of ignorance."

Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 335

"Know ye that the embodiment of liberty and its symbol is the animal. That which beseemeth man is submission unto such restraints as will protect him from his own ignorance, and guard him against the harm of the mischief-maker. Liberty causeth man to overstep the bounds of propriety, and to infringe on the dignity of his station. It debaseth him to the level of extreme depravity and wickedness."

Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 335-336

More here -
Freedom | Bahá’í Quotes

Regards Tony

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It needs to be balanced, not unbridled.

This is what Baha'u'llah offered.

"Consider the pettiness of men's minds. They ask for that which injureth them, and cast away the thing that profiteth them. They are, indeed, of those that are far astray. We find some men desiring liberty, and priding themselves therein. Such men are in the depths of ignorance."

Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 335

"Know ye that the embodiment of liberty and its symbol is the animal. That which beseemeth man is submission unto such restraints as will protect him from his own ignorance, and guard him against the harm of the mischief-maker. Liberty causeth man to overstep the bounds of propriety, and to infringe on the dignity of his station. It debaseth him to the level of extreme depravity and wickedness."

Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 335-336

More here -
Freedom | Bahá’í Quotes

Regards Tony
Who would you bridle, & how much?
What means would enforce limits on behavior,
eg, sex, religious speech, political speech, music.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And related to that is when a religion takes an extreme interpretation, or sometimes all it takes is taking a verse literally, and kills others, takes their lands and forces their religion on those people. I know you always like to see the positive side of religion, but there is a negative side too.

That was included in my reply CG

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who would you bridle, & how much?
What means would enforce limits on behavior,
eg, sex, religious speech, political speech, music.

You are way outside what I am talking about. The Government's will set the laws and boundaries and enforce them.

Naught to do with me.

Regards Tony