• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Over-Rated Bands

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I liked Nickelback at first, A LOT. Then, they got over played and ended up being one of those bands I simply can't stand now. It might turn around at some point. I hated the Eagles back in the day for the same reason although I still can't stand to hear Hotel California. Ugh.

Regarding U2's pretention....hey, Bono does quite a bit for his fellow humans, more than I'll ever have the means or connections to accomplish myself. If he wants to act a little lofty headed at times, I'll forgive him. :)

That is exactly the problem. We have this FM rock radio station here in Red Deer that seems to play the same song over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again until you get sick! sick! sick! sick! sick! of hearing the same song being played. They completely ruin a lot of good songs by over-playing them too much. I used to kind of like some Metallica or Nickelback, but now I just can't stand em.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
BLASPHEMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nah its ok, perhaps you bought St. Anger, then i'd agree with you.

Metallica are heavy metals finest.

Tool is terribly over-rated, everyone thinks Maynard has a good voice, but he whines and their guitars sound like theyre being played with a dying cat.

Ramones - never got why they were popular, they're boring at best. This goes for all those bands, The Clash, Sex Pistols etc.

Rage - not a fan of rap metal with pretty standard guitar lines, get a real vocalist.

Avenged Sevenfold - awful awful cover of walk by pantera, they should be shot for it

Green Day - Their music progressively gets worse, they're part of the reason why i don't listen to the radio

All Hip Hop and R&B and Rap- nothing special in any of it, i especially love when they rip off their tunes as well, that just adds insult to injury.

I agree with you on all of them. Yeah, you're right, it mighta just been the one album of Metallica that I was listening to. Perhaps it is just that they always play the same couple of song of theirs on the radio that makes me not like them as much. I'm sure they gotta have more than just one or two good songs out of all their albums. One band that I really did like however was Soundgarden. Hmmm....their song Jesus Christ Pose comes to mind.:D

J Bryson

Oh, Metallica is terribly overrated. All they did was a minor modification on slightly better underground metal, and they somehow were seen as geniuses.

I'll give U2 a pass despite Bono's tendency to alternate between good works and douchebaggery, because they were amazing back in the 80s, and still managed some very strong music through the 90s. They're a sentimental favorite.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Oh, Metallica is terribly overrated. All they did was a minor modification on slightly better underground metal, and they somehow were seen as geniuses.

I'll give U2 a pass despite Bono's tendency to alternate between good works and douchebaggery, because they were amazing back in the 80s, and still managed some very strong music through the 90s. They're a sentimental favorite.

That goes for almost any band. Underground music often spawns huge internationals who rely on their image over individuality. Like Fall Out Boy, except, i dont know which awful underground circle spawned that noise pollution. I swear my ears bleed every time i hear an emo band.

Circle_One

Who cares? Music isn't important. I like to listen to music, but i sure don't waste time wondering about other people's taste. If a band that i don't like gets popular, that's cool, i don't have to listen to them.

In all actuality, i tend not to care about groups anyway. I like maybe one or two songs per band and stop caring from there. I'm pretty picky.

Just saying, don't be hatin'! Lol, why hate other people's success just cause you don't like them personally. You will find many people who will be in love with them, even while you despise them.

Heck, you all have bands you think are overrated, but you don't even necesarilly agree on a lot of them.

Then what was the whole point of you posting in this thread. It's perfectly fine if YOU don't care about other peoples' tastes in music or whatnot, but not everyone in this forum happens to be you.

There was absolutely no reason for this post of yours, other than to be condescending towards the rest of us posting in it. If you don't like the thread, or the idea of the thread, you have no need to post in it.

Circle_One

Wow, if you don't like any of those guys...your taste in music is......interesting. :p Don't kill me!

And dude. NIRVANA. Love em but come on...I cannot STAND seeing kids who weren't even born til 1990-1992 wearing a Nirvana shirt, thinking they know what it's all about.

I don't think when a person was born has anything to do with the music they should or shouldn't like. On the contrary, I think a kid who embraces music before his time is awesome. My absolute favorite band in the world disbanded before I was even born, but I can guarentee that I know more about that band then any of the people that were alive when they were around.

Should I not be able to listen to Del Shannon or Buddy Holly, or the Big Bopper or Wanda Jackson or Charlie Feathers or the Shangri-las or The Germs or The Deadboys or Television or Wayne County or X or any of the other bands I love simply because I wasn't born when they were around?

Maybe they DO know what it's all about, Stacey. I know I do.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I hated the Eagles back in the day for the same reason although I still can't stand to hear Hotel California.

I love the Eagles but I never liked Hotel California. Can't figure out why.

Smoke

Done here.
To be clear, I like a lot of their music. I just can't be a real fan because I find Bono so annoying.

I love the Eagles but I never liked Hotel California. Can't figure out why.
Same here. It was their worst album by far. I love the Eagles, though. The first concert I ever went to was an Eagles concert, and The Long Run came out during my freshman year of college, and was sort of the soundtrack of that part of my life. :D

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I only like Time is on my Side, Paint It Black, and Jumpin' Jack Flash by the Stones (the third is because of the Whoopie Goldberg film with the same name). My husband says he only likes Ozzy Osbourne's remake of Sympathy for the Devil- says it's better by him.
I used to listen to U2, but after Boy, War, and Joshua Tree, they weren't that good anymore.

argento_occhi

Sarcastically gifted
Radiohead, U2, AC/DC and INXS - it may be un-Australian to say so though. That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there are others.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
So am I. You got a problem with Taurans? Well, do ya, huh, do ya?
:D As a Virgo, I get along very well with most Taureans. At this point in my life, I sincerely believe more in the charted compatibility between astrological signs than I do God. :p

P-trick said:
But so was Oliver Cromwell, and what kind of person would I be if I didn't hate his guts? :D
That was random. :biglaugh:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Infidels! you should all be burned at the stake! butchering the names of the heathen gods of Rock as if you were talking about the weather!!! :knight:

Trey of Diamonds

I'm a Taurus, and Bono annoys me, so she was just pointing out that he's a Taurus, too. But so was Oliver Cromwell, and what kind of person would I be if I didn't hate his guts? :D

So was Hitler and Lenin. I know this because my birthday falls right between theirs.

April 20 Hitler
April 21 Trey (you will bow before me someday)
April 22 Lenin

Yeah, yeah, I know. It explains a lot...

Last edited: