• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Message to climate change alarmists. Stop ExaGGERATing!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Then, unfortunately, that makes any of your arguments concerning this hoax irrelevant.

So how were all of the world's scientists persuaded to collaborate on some convoluted hoax, at the risk of jeopardizing their careers and reputations? What would they have to gain from this?
How does it not make far more sense and seem far more likely that the industries who produce and are dependent upon fossil fuels want to avoid the costs of becoming compliant to new regulations?
Take the tin-foil hat off and think this through.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Then, unfortunately, that makes any of your arguments concerning this hoax irrelevant.
As befits the situation. I have no time to spend validating this kind of treatment.

Some things are just not worth it. Among them, threads with a premise that distorts and misrepresents reality purposefully.

Last edited:

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
The problem is that people do not react to the real and very severe threats about climate change. The worst of them will not even affect their children. It is not until one's grandchildren come along that they are apt to face the worst of these threats. And if we wait until then it will be far too late.

What would you propose instead? How do you want to deal with this very real problem?

they don't want to deal with it, the want to bury their heads in the sand and act like nothing's happening, worse than that they're all telling us to bury our heads in the sand too, and buying off politicians to further their ignorance.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I think maybe some investors should ride this wave and attempt to get Greta Thurnberg to lend her name to an eco-friendly restaurant chain called "Thurbergers", I think it would do well.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
And you know this to be true how?

That's a good question!

Consider for a moment a 5 day weather forecast: it is mostly a best guess, and sometimes will be entirely wrong in a major way. But we like having a forecast, or building buildings to code for local conditions like fire or earthquake risk, so that just in case it happens, the odds are more favorable than would have been.

But how do you know whether you are hearing information that is not biased?

Ideally, we want a lot of actual observations and findings without an intermediary to filter or reinterpret. The more we learn the better.

As close as you can get to straight from the researchers doing observations.

Here's a good site for exactly that, in readable language, without a bias:

https://phys.org/earth-news/

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Interesting article. I feel the scientists know what they're talking about in terms of climate change, and we should take them seriously. That said, the issue of climate change is definitely used as a political weapon on people's minds. What else can anyone expect when big oil and coal spend a lot to try and discredit climate change through the same tequniques, though? In the end most folks just give up and default to what their side tells them they should think.

It's interesting to see how the war on information effects people - kind of unsettling, too. I guess that's what the cost for living in the information age is. There's plenty of information out their to confirm one's own biases, and plenty of echo chambers for people to hang out in.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What I find especially ironic is this.
Lots of people believe in Jesus's Resurrection and that the Second Coming is going to be soon. They find the evidence for that clear and incontrovertible.

But the evidence for things like evolution and climate change aren't up to their high standards.

What's with that?

Seriously, why does anyone believe that the apocalypse is more likely to happen than biosphere collapse?

Tom

exchemist

Veteran Member
So how were all of the world's scientists persuaded to collaborate on some convoluted hoax, at the risk of jeopardizing their careers and reputations? What would they have to gain from this?
How does it not make far more sense and seem far more likely that the industries who produce and are dependent upon fossil fuels want to avoid the costs of becoming compliant to new regulations?
Take the tin-foil hat off and think this through.

2879.original-8994.jpg

:rolleyes:

leov

Why Everything They Say About Climate Change Is Wrong

If people want to be taken seriously, don't keep exaggerating about the proverbial end of civilization as we know it.

And yes, climate change has been exaggerated more than once.
There is a climate change but human beings hardly can affect it, science found the ways to sequester carbon/methane and can somewhat mitigate the problem. Some use this issue for political and financial gains.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is a climate change but human beings hardly can affect it, science found the ways to sequester carbon/methane and can somewhat mitigate the problem. Some use this issue for political and financial gains.
Humans are largely responsible for climate change and that can be rather easily demonstrated.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
As befits the situation. I have no time to spend validating this kind of treatment.

Some things are just not worth it. Among them, threads with a premise that distorts and misrepresents reality purposefully.

Exactly. Enjoy the apocalypse....I know I won't lose any sleep over it.