• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Message to climate change alarmists. Stop ExaGGERATing!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I see your point, but this is as good a hook as any: it is actually important to preserve the ability to effectively tell people not to make fools of themselves - and, most of all, not to expect to be taken seriously when they are being abusive and attempting to push the envelope to the breaking point.

It is a fool's role to ask whether other people have any problem with the erosion of basic standards of respect, seriousness and decency.

It is everyone else's role to tell that fool whether we do, with the proper clarity and emphasis.

Forgetting that brought us the likes of Fox News, Trump, and various forms of irresponsible denial.

We can't postpone the moral duty to overgrow such immaturity forever.

Here ya go. Don't make a fool of yourself.

Do 97% of Scientists Really Believe in Global Warming?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I bet the climate deniers all flunked science in school

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Oh there is no doubt that there are some actual alarmists. What I can't stand is when the deniers try to claim it is all alarmism. In the U.S. Al Gore was the first big name to raise the alarm. And he got quite a bit wrong. He may have set dealing with AGW back a bit. And it hurt his claims even more that he could not walk the walk. He could not follow his own demands of others. But a bad messenger does not refute the message. He may only harm it by making people less likely to accept it.

"...quite a bit wrong..." hahaha that's precious. Duh, he got everything wrong except the hundred million dollars he knew he was going to make on a world full of suckers. You've been had, sorry...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"...quite a bit wrong..." hahaha that's precious. Duh, he got everything wrong except the hundred million dollars he knew he was going to make on a world full of suckers. You've been had, sorry...
So you have no clue and can only attack others. The one smart thing that Gore did was to realize how to profit from changes brought about by changes in regulations. That odes not make people suckers. Meanwhile your demand was met and you had nothing to say. Like it or not AGW is a fact. And even you could learn how the Greenhouse Effect works. Why didn't you take me up on my offer?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There was a certain trend back in those days, to focus on gloom and doom, although Hollywood eventually switched over to escapist fantasy.

Soylent Green might have come closest to portraying the slow death of countless people and species.

I think I've come across Damnation Alley on YouTube, although I don't remember if it's the complete movie or just selected scenes.
i found the complete movie there. Thank you.The original was PG so it won't even have the glitches caused by editing out nude scenes.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Once again, don't get mad. Learning is the best revenge.

Okay. Two part question:

1. With all this hype and hoopla, name one scientist out of the 97% that has been on the nightly news frantically waving sheets of verifiable facts that prove the we are in any danger from this so-called Climate Change apocalypse.
and:
B. If we are in such dire and immediate danger from this impending disaster, why are the 97% of the consensus scientists on the nightly news frantically waving sheets of verifiable facts and figure pointing to this (up to this point, contrived) earth and human demise.

Methinks there's a lot of hat but no cattle to your arguments...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Okay. Two part question:

1. With all this hype and hoopla, name one scientist out of the 97% that has been on the nightly news frantically waving sheets of verifiable facts that prove the we are in any danger from this so-called Climate Change apocalypse.
and:
B. If we are in such dire and immediate danger from this impending disaster, why are the 97% of the consensus scientists on the nightly news frantically waving sheets of verifiable facts and figure pointing to this (up to this point, contrived) earth and human demise.

Try to ask a proper question. Placing false and inaccurate claims in your question negates it. Right now you are only demonstrating that you are a science denier making any of your attempts to refute this science in vain.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I bet the climate deniers all flunked science in school

And mostly religious, Republican voters, and Trump supporters for the same reason. It's all faith-based thought and anti-intellectual.

But here's the irony. In America, those are the people that will be hardest hit by the Republicans and global warning, both of which will harm low income people the most. These are also the people living where extreme weather has been taking the greatest toll - the Midwest and the South.

These people cannot endure much financial adversity. First, some tariff will cause their factory to relocate abroad, leaving them jobless, and then a hurricane or tornado takes their car and home, which will much more often be uninsured, since the rates of insurance against such catastrophes is rising.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Okay. Two part question:

and:

They will not even accept Piers Corbyn’s challenge to debate the subject.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Why Everything They Say About Climate Change Is Wrong

If people want to be taken seriously, don't keep exaggerating about the proverbial end of civilization as we know it.

And yes, climate change has been exaggerated more than once.
What is amazing is that the msm is just now willing to report on it. I blame them for one quarter of the fault line. They have zero excuse for excluding it from ALL reporting for the past 30 years. Now they can gain ratings and bottom lines by pretending it's the end of the world that they all of a sudden have become aware of.

It is not the end yet, but it is going to require a lot of technology and political and good will to minimize the effects which certainly are and are going to happen.

I do believe that the decline and death of flora and fauna is more of an emergency than any other resulting from climate change. We need all of the natural ecosystems to work together. Take out too many or disturb them too much and the rest will not function in a sustainable manner.

julianalexander745

I only get mad at dishonest and ignorant people. You should have noticed that by now.

What I've noticed is that you are more interested in belligerence than discussion as exemplified by your posts.

Dramatic reveal: I'm not a climate change denier; you were just so hell bent on finding a straw man to fight against that you expended a lot of unnecessary exasperation on an internet message board. Well done.