• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Message to climate change alarmists. Stop ExaGGERATing!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yikes.

Avatar = my account / posts on this forum. Jeez... semantics.

You're really reaching now. I'd suggest tapping out before your dignity is totally extinguished.
No, not "semantics". Your avatar is the image that you chose that is shown at the start of your posts. Once again you demonstrate that when you make a gross error you cannot admit it.

Try again.

julianalexander745

No, not "semantics". Your avatar is the image that you chose that is shown at the start of your posts. Once again you demonstrate that when you make a gross error you cannot admit it.

Yes - semantics. I actually clarified what I meant by what I said and you still insisted on addressing me in an aggressive way.

This has gone way beyond the OP. I don't know what your motivation is for the attitude you use in your posts but it's certainly unnecessary.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes - semantics. I actually clarified what I meant by what I said and you still insisted on addressing me in an aggressive way.

This has gone way beyond the OP. I don't know what your motivation is for the attitude you use in your posts but it's certainly unnecessary.
Please, you start a personal attack and then wonder when people point out the hypocrisy of your posts.

The detour is yours. I offered a polite discussion some time ago. You kept up the attacks.

julianalexander745

Please, you start a personal attack and then wonder when people point out the hypocrisy of your posts.

The detour is yours. I offered a polite discussion some time ago. You kept up the attacks.

low-angle-view-scarecrow-against-cloudy-sky-562838541-5aaf18adfa6bcc00360a609c.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
De-platforming seems to be the modern day answer to everything.
They have better uses of their time than to debate with a dishonest debater. One thing that I give credit to in Ken Ham's debate with Bill Nye was that Ham was not as dishonest as most creationists tend to be. He lost the debate badly as a result, even Christians thought so by a wide margin. I even remember when he irrevocably lost the debate. Your source does not appear to have the ability to debate honestly. So why should an honest person debate with him?

Debates between honest people can be productive. But just one person being dishonest will often make the debate a dumpster fire instead.

Notanumber

A Free Man
They have better uses of their time than to debate with a dishonest debater. One thing that I give credit to in Ken Ham's debate with Bill Nye was that Ham was not as dishonest as most creationists tend to be. He lost the debate badly as a result, even Christians thought so by a wide margin. I even remember when he irrevocably lost the debate. Your source does not appear to have the ability to debate honestly. So why should an honest person debate with him?

Debates between honest people can be productive. But just one person being dishonest will often make the debate a dumpster fire instead.

Those that refuse must have a great deal to hide.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
@Notanumber , would you care to learn how the Greenhouse Effect works? I will gladly support any claims with valid links. It is not a difficult idea to understand. It will help you to understand what you are arguing against.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Those that refuse must have a great deal to hide.
That is simply not true. Once again, if he was honest people would probably take him up on his offer. But he is far from honest. It would be a waste of their time. It is the same reason that very few people debate with Kent Hovind. He is a master at lying, but that is about it. Given time one can tear apart his debates and show lie after lie. But in a live debate one does not have that luxury. The liar often ends up looking as if he won. when in reality he had his backside handed to him.

Notanumber

A Free Man
That is simply not true. Once again, if he was honest people would probably take him up on his offer. But he is far from honest. It would be a waste of their time. It is the same reason that very few people debate with Kent Hovind. He is a master at lying, but that is about it. Given time one can tear apart his debates and show lie after lie. But in a live debate one does not have that luxury. The liar often ends up looking as if he won. when in reality he had his backside handed to him.

To be honest these days you have to agree with the consensus or you will be vilified.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
To be honest these days you have to agree with the consensus or you will be vilified.
Not true. The fastest way to fame and fortune is to show that the consensus is wrong. But your hero can only seem to be right on live debates.

Here is what he could do if he was serious. He could challenge someone to a series of well structured video debates. That is he could make some claims and then his opponent would have plenty of time, weeks if necessary to respond. Kent Hovind tried this with Aron Ra and ended up looking like a complete fool. Very few science deniers will accept that sort of debate Why not suggest that to your hero?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Not true. The fastest way to fame and fortune is to show that the consensus is wrong. But your hero can only seem to be right on live debates.

Here is what he could do if he was serious. He could challenge someone to a series of well structured video debates. That is he could make some claims and then his opponent would have plenty of time, weeks if necessary to respond. Kent Hovind tried this with Aron Ra and ended up looking like a complete fool. Very few science deniers will accept that sort of debate Why not suggest that to your hero?

Universities used to be the bedrock of debate but those enlightened days are over.

Having watched this video, I can understand their reluctance to debate the likes of Piers Corbyn.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Universities used to be the bedrock of debate but those enlightened days are over.

Having watched this video, I can understand their reluctance to debate the likes of Piers Corbyn.

Just another science denier that cannot support his claims with peer reviewed papers that he wrote. Look into his past. He is a denier because Gore attacked his father a long time ago. He used some strawman arguments and then made claims that have been falsified. But it is your video, what valid claims do you think that he made.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Just another science denier that cannot support his claims with peer reviewed papers that he wrote. Look into his past. He is a denier because Gore attacked his father a long time ago. He used some strawman arguments and then made claims that have been falsified. But it is your video, what valid claims do you think that he made.

European Parliament Told: There is No Climate Emergency

Professor Berkhout represents the Climate Intelligence Foundation (Clintel), a Dutch group who have collected signatures from over 700 prominent scientists and professionals in support of the basic statement: there is no climate emergency.

Signatories include Nobel laureate, Professor Ivar Giaever, who made important experimental discoveries regarding superconductors, and the influential mathematician and physicist Professor Freeman Dyson.

The Liberal Democrat MEP, Irina von Wiese, took umbrage at the declaration, and refused to believe IPCC statements about a lack of any global trends in extreme weather events.

The declaration was supported by an addendum, setting out the scientific justification for the statement:

European Parliament Told: There is No Climate Emergency | GWPF

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It's an old and disingenuous trick to take the exceptions and portray them as being the rule.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Given there are scientists on both sides of the table both with equal credentialing and reputations with their respective fields, it's not hard to discern that the bottom line answer to climate change is. ....

Nobody is really sure yet.

julianalexander745

I got a chuckle out of this. The guy is pretty ****ing ugly too. Like a shrunken Harvey Weinstein.