• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's offensive to NOT wear a Hijab? Shame on Miss Michigan?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Honestly, I am surprised that hajib hasn't become an edgy sort of fashion statement.

In many ways they're quite practical. And they're often made of beautiful material.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So how many calories are burnt applying eye makeup? Is lifting your hand to put on some lipstick exercise?
It's not just the calories burned.
It's the lengths people go to achieve the goal. And, yeah, some people are born with more of the basics. But looking as good as models do is serious work.
Tom

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You must not have spent much time around people who's main goal is to be the best looking person in every room.
Tom
Oh what a pain that can be. My housemate's daughter in law is very pretty. Unfortunately that is not good enough. She will post up in the bathroom for hours.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe it. College campuses are becoming Left wing indoctrination centers now. Jerry Seinfeld's daughter went to university. He said he won't play college campuses anymore because there are rules against humor.
His daughter came home on a break. Her mom asked, so honey have you met any nice boys?
The daughters response? Oh mom, that's so sexist!

The hijab thing was her right. And I agree with her observation about the Hijab "try on" booth . What? It was mandatory to try on a Hijab? Here be ashamed you're a woman, dress like a Hefty trash bag with eye cutouts. Because the Muslim man is such a rutting dog that if he see's your form he'll be enticed to rape you.

Yeah, that's the gist of the whole reason for a Hijab. Women owe it to their sense of modesty not to tempt men to act like animals.
And in Islam, under Sharia, when a Muslim woman is raped, in Sharia courts her testimony under any circumstances is valued at half the credibility of a man. So if a woman who is raped testifies she did nothing to "deserve" being raped and she has no witnesses on her side, but the rapist claims she tempted him, his testimony is valued at full value. And his word wins in court.
Then his victim is murdered for being raped. And he lives to rape again.
Family honor restored and all that. You know, because a raped woman brings dishonor to her family, while the rapists family is unaffected.
Religion of peace. Yep, countless beheaded, stoned, and shot Muslim women rape victims can testify to that one.
The above is sickeningly bigoted, and apparently you also know next to nothing about the social history of Christianity as well.

I live in an area where there are many Muslims, and for you to stoop to such a low as to stereotype them as you did above only lowers yourself to be even below even your own stereotype of them. I thank God that most here at RF are not of your brand of "Christianity".

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
She's a Trumptard so she's likely lying over what happened and most likely did something offensive, as her ilk are wont to do. The Hill website is right-leaning, as well.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
The above is sickeningly bigoted, and apparently you also know next to nothing about the social history of Christianity as well.

I live in an area where there are many Muslims, and for you to stoop to such a low as to stereotype them as you did above only lowers yourself to be even below even your own stereotype of them. I thank God that most here at RF are not of your brand of "Christianity".
That's lovely.
Have a good day.

Terry Sampson

I'm confused ...

• According to the OP, "The Hill" (on-line article posted 07/19/19) Kathy Zhu, winner of the Miss World America 2019 Contest, was stripped of her title for alleged violations of Miss World America Rules and Conditions.
  • Screenshot_2019-07-20 Kathy Zhu on Twitter.png

• I can understand Zhu's disappointment and sense of anger, expressed in her alleged email response to Laurie DeJack (State Director, MWA Michigan) posted in Zhu's Twitter feed and posted below:

• Screenshot_2019-07-20 Kathy Zhu on Twitter(1).png

• Regardless what anyone may think of Miss Zhu, Ms. Laurie DeJack, and the alleged violations of WMA Rules and Conditions, I find it intriguing that Miss Zhu's email specifically asserts that the decision to strip her of her 2019 MWA title was based on: "ONE PERSON'S COMPLAINT" consisting of "photoshopped tweets that a girl named Scotland Perez Calhoun presented to you."
  • So, I asked myself: "Self, who's Scotland Perez Calhoun? Was she a runner-up in the same contest? Was she even a contestant in the same contest? What did she have to gain or hope to prove by doing what Miss Zhu accused her of? and more importantly, did Miss Calhoun actually do what Miss Zhu accused her of doing?" So I started checking around and that's when my confusion was born...
  • And finally!!! I found the near-genesis of this fascinating cat-fight and here's MY spin on it. Check for yourself and correct me where I go astray.

(To be continued)

Terry Sampson

Continued from my last post in this thread, #73:
  • Noteworthy fact: Miss Zhu, 20, is or was a Political Science major at University of Michigan.
  • Trivia:
    https://www.instagram.com/katzhux/
  • Searched for Scotland Calhoun Perez and could only find Scotland Perez Calhoun. Whoa! Same person or two different persons? Hmmm, ...
  • Noteworthy fact: Scotland Calhoun Perez and Scotland Perez Calhoun are the same person. How do I know?
  • Fact: Scotland Calhoun Perez (@calhounperez) | Twitter
  • Fact: From Scotland's Twitter feed above:
Screenshot_2019-07-20 Media Tweets by Scotland Calhoun Perez ( calhounperez) Twitter(3).png
Screenshot_2019-07-20 Media Tweets by Scotland Calhoun Perez ( calhounperez) Twitter(5).png
Screenshot_2019-07-20 Media Tweets by Scotland Calhoun Perez ( calhounperez) Twitter(4).png

• What's up with that???
  • LOL!!!
(To be continued)

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
The hijab is a religious symbol, also a good place to hide some explosives.
Most don't know a lot about Islam. To obscure that profound ignorance in certain cases, the most profoundly ignorant charge bigotry so as to obscure the fact they're opposed to education.

All Islamic clothing are considered as religious symbols in Islam. And they're symbols of oppression of women in Islam. The niqāb,the burqa. There are reasons for these garments to be worn as they are by Muslim women.
Further, one cannot tell if it be a man or woman under a burqa. So you are correct in that they are a great way to obscure explosives. And have been used as such many times in Iran. Women , some carrying their own children, have been wrapped with C4 under their burqa. They approached check points and prior to being shot for refusing to stop their approach, detonated themselves as suicide bombers.
They consider it an honor to die in service to Allah. Both themselves and in the case of those that bring their child, the child too. Instant paradise as a reward for Martyrdom.

In Mecca in 2002 school girls were beaten back by their fathers, brothers, and the teachers by their husbands, when the school caught fire. The girls and women teachers were not clad in their burqa because they were among women. So when they ran to escape the fire they were violating the tenets of modesty in Islam. The men in the area beat them and sent them back into the burning school for being improperly clad. All died. Burned to death.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Continued from my last post in this thread, #73:
  • Noteworthy fact: Miss Zhu, 20, is or was a Political Science major at University of Michigan.
  • Trivia:
    https://www.instagram.com/katzhux/
  • Searched for Scotland Calhoun Perez and could only find Scotland Perez Calhoun. Whoa! Same person or two different persons? Hmmm, ...
  • Noteworthy fact: Scotland Calhoun Perez and Scotland Perez Calhoun are the same person. How do I know?
  • Fact: Scotland Calhoun Perez (@calhounperez) | Twitter
  • Fact: From Scotland's Twitter feed above:
View attachment 31142 View attachment 31143 View attachment 31144

• What's up with that???
  • LOL!!!
(To be continued)
It's political angst and competition?
Google Scotland Perez Calhoun

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Most don't know a lot about Islam.
I taught a comparative religions course that also included Islam, I taught about the Middle East and studied there, and your continued stereotyping and bigotry dealing with Islam is astoundingly ignorant because of your wording that has the exceptions being the norm.

Here: Islam - Wikipedia

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
The Confederate flag is not the same thing as a hijab. The Confederate flag is a racist symbol, a hijab is a style of dress

You don't get stoned to death or beheaded for refusing to wear the Confederate flag in the south. At most you get is a scoff and called a "wussy".

Terry Sampson

• Fact: Scotland ran as the only Republican candidate in her congressional district against Amy Mercado, Democrat congressional representative in Orlando's 48th District.
  • Amy Mercado's 20-year-old GOP opponent drops out despite state party funding
  • But .... Turns out that Scotland would have been 20 in November 2018: Too young to be sworn into office if she had won. LOL!!!

• Screenshot_2019-07-20 Amy Mercado's 20-year-old GOP.png
  • Miss Zhu "tagged" Scotland in a tweet that was picked up and re-tweeted by Brett McDonald.
  • Screenshot_2019-07-20 Media Tweets by Scotland Calhoun Perez ( calhounperez) Twitter.png

• Miffed, Scotland tweeted back and then got blocked.
  • Subsequently, some "mysterious" person claiming to be Scotland Perez Calhoun (not, mind you, Scotland Calhoun Perez) sent tweets that Miss Zhu says were photoshopped to the WMA 2019 director, Laurie DeJack and Miss Zhu gpt stripped of her title.
  • I have a sneaky suspicion that the real Scotland Calhoun Perez didn't send the photoshopped tweets to Laurie DeJack, and that Miss Zhu didn't get the facts straight, (1) that Scotland returned almost all of the money she received for her premature run for office and (2) the real Scotland didn't send the photoshopped tweets to Lauri DeJack, before Miss Zhu lambasted Ms. DeJack for her gullibility.

Last edited: