• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's offensive to NOT wear a Hijab? Shame on Miss Michigan?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Yes, like an imaginary hoard of "PC leftists".

I wouldn't say leftists though I am pretty sure some want and need it to be to justify themselves since many on the left seem to like to play the victim and hero at the same time all the while being neither, I'd just say some of the more radical and ridiculous PC crowd. You do understand the undermining effect these wannabe thought police and mollycoddling types who pretend to care more about hurt feelings and a false social justice have had on free speech and expressions of free thought correct? From school, politics, workplace etc. this mental disease of PC social control that pretends it's making things better turns out to be just another leper messiah infecting and destroying the mind and body of it's host,they are nothing more than modern day pied pipers in fool's cloaks.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I consider myself both liberal and left, but I think the real shame is that some of us seem to expect women not to have opinions.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
I taught a comparative religions course that also included Islam, I taught about the Middle East and studied there, and your continued stereotyping and bigotry dealing with Islam is astoundingly ignorant because of your wording that has the exceptions being the norm.

Here: Islam - Wikipedia
Wiki? That's the best you can do as a "teacher" of CR?
You'll understand , even if you aren't able to, that I don't believe a word you said.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
True. If you don't conform to their insulated narrowminded view of the world , they will consider you a racist, bigot, homophobe, islamophobe or whatever it is they want to contrive up.

They are dirtbags in their own right.
PC people are conformists. "Snowflakes", is another term that describes the condition. And you know what happens to snowflakes when things get hot.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yeah, smile, be objectified, and stay quiet. :rolleyes:

Well, what do you think pageants are? Of course it's ****, and she didn't do anything wrong per'se, but she did agree to abide their policies and expectations when she signed on for it.
If she wanted to stand on soap box instead of being a meat mannequin, she should've reconsidered the pageantry nonsense from the very beginning.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
What did she say, specifically?
She said something to effect of “Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community before blaming others.” when someone else commented on police shootings unarmed black people.

She had one job and she blew it.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
And behind a confederate flag is a good place to hide incest if you hang it in the bedroom window of a trailer home.

414QcLDljwL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Why I Wave the Confederate Flag, Written by a Black Man: The End of ******ism and the Welfare State: Anthony Hervey: 9781412071789: Amazon.com: Books

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
That was the job. Like or not. That is what pageants are about.
They're asked to articulate their opinions on current events as well, so no, that's not all that Pageants are about.
Furthermore, the winner makes a tour for the year of her reign. Public speaking, etc... When she's censored for her observations concerning a personal experience with the Hijab try-on booth,and subsequent opinion of Hijab's, as well as the societal construct that pertains to gun crime, and her observation of black on black crime figures, and while commenting on social media, pageant officials lend the impression had she taken on her public speaking duties she would merely have been a puppet for PC scripting.
She's fortunate her integrity was spared.