• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam vs western values

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
it is harmful for society as whole but you westerns are individualistic. there is no human right, it's just western right you are talking about. a woman has the right to go naked or sleep with whoever she wants but then what about the child? they will grow up fatherless and depressed. what about a child's right to know his father or get the love from his parents? you guys don't care about these basic rights. you guys just care about rights involving sexuality and your lingering
lol

So what's your experience with the western world?
Debbie does Dallas?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The vast majority of the world's two billion Muslims already don't "[blow] each other up with bombs strapped to their bodies." Your post referred to "Muslims," but what percentage of Muslims do you think would support such a thing in the first place and would, therefore, need to change their thinking about it?

Far too many.
Double digits, as many a pool have already shown in the past.

Pro Gamer

lol

So what's your experience with the western world?
Debbie does Dallas?
western rights are all about getting naked and things like that. i have never heard of westerns doing riot about single mother not taking care of children or children not knowing their fathers. it's all just "human right therefore get naked"

Orbit

I'm a planet
western rights are all about getting naked and things like that. i have never heard of westerns doing riot about single mother not taking care of children or children not knowing their fathers. it's all just "human right therefore get naked"

This doesn't even make sense. And as an aside, things are not as black and white as you'd like to make them.

MikeDwight

Western culture, also known as Western civilization, Occidental culture, or Western society, is the heritage of social norms, ethical values, traditional customs, belief systems, political systems, artifacts and technologies of the Western world. Western culture is most strongly influenced by Greco-Roman culture, Christian culture, and, to some extent, Germanic culture.

The expansion of Greek culture into the Hellenistic world of the eastern Mediterranean led to a synthesis between Greek and Near-Eastern cultures,[2] and major advances in literature, engineering, and science, and provided the culture for the expansion of early Christianity and the Greek New Testament.[3][4][5] This period overlapped with and was followed by Rome, which made key contributions in law, government, engineering and political organization.[6]

Occidentalism is a distorted and stereotyped image of Western society

Occidentalism is a distorted and stereotyped image of Western society

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
if you are looking for sympathy with that paragraph then talk to @Debater Slayer because he is the one who is mature and understands western culture.
I refuted your claim that Western values are forced on you, and that includes even if you live in one of our liberal, secular, social democracies, because they are founded in humanist principles - democracy, guaranteed personal liberties, church-state separation, egalitarianism, and the rule of law. Western governments were founded to facilitate maximal social and economic freedom for as many as possible, which is why you would be free to be any kind of Muslim you like as long as you don't break local laws. That means that the spousal rape is out, but you are free to be openly Muslim and enjoy religious freedoms and other protections people living in such countries enjoy, you can still go to mosque, cover your bodies in Muslim garb, read your holy book, and limit your diet as you see fit.

I rebutted you. You didn't even try to rebut me, so the matter is tentatively resolved pending a successful rebuttal from you, which we both know isn't forthcoming.
he is the 10 years old later future version of me who would do anything to please your western ideas just to prove to you that he is intelligent and understand westerns better than other muslims
You sound resentful of him. Yes, he's more intelligent and better educated than most people from his part of the world and mine. And he appears to hold humanist values as I just described as best I can tell. I can understand why that bothers you. All things Western seem to bother you even when they're in the West, but you likely resent seeing Western culture bleeding into Arabic culture. How do you feel about the Saudis embracing golf? Or wearing suits? The Far East Asians seem to like Western fashion

You can't stop the Westernization of the world. The life is too appealing. English is becoming the world's language thanks to the Internet, and Western culture is there as well live streaming 24/7. You no doubt consider that culture decadent like the Communists claimed before they started emulating it themselves, but even in Afghanistan, girls just wanna have fun. They want to make the choices in their lives. They want education as an option. And they want to be beautiful and attractive, and to flirt and giggle.
i don't know about doing it public but execution exist everywhere. aren't american criminals given death sentences?
You were asked if you would approve of public beheadings. Given your answer, I don't think you'd mind, but you're reticent to be candid about it.
yes beheading of criminals or perhaps hanging them. people get death sentences all the time
You would find kindred spirits among the Dominionists, a fundamentalist Christian movement. This one also doesn't think much of Western humanistic values:

"Why stoning? There are many reasons. First, the implements of execution are available to everyone at virtually no cost...executions are community projects--not with spectators who watch a professional executioner do `his' duty, but rather with actual participants...That modern Christians never consider the possibility of the reintroduction of stoning for capital crimes indicates how thoroughly humanistic concepts of punishment have influenced the thinking of Christian." - Christian Dominionist Gary North bemoaning the influence that humanism has had
is there a scripture that tells, don't beat people? Yes, I think there is, the love your neighbor as yourself.
No, there is not, but there are scriptures instructing us on the proper way to beat slaves.

The words "love your neighbor" never affected anybody's behavior. Too nonspecific. They already love their neighbor. They smile and say hello to them, and take cookies when somebody is ill, but mostly disregard or dislike other people.
I think God has right to kill anyone, because He has given life.
That would be an immoral position in humanism. Moral behavior is that which best facilitates maximal societal well-being even for the creator of that society, which is why humanists reject arguments about a good tri-omni god running a world filled with gratuitous suffering. They expect more of any moral agent.
He knew his son could not die, because God had made promises for him that would not be fulfilled, if his son would die.
It's a myth. You're free to assign any qualities you like to the story. You like this version, probably because you recognize that the story as told and commonly believed depicts an immoral act by the deity. More and more we see believers softening their doctrine to reflect a kinder god. I was just in discussion with one this week about hell, which, like you regarding the commonest understanding of the Abraham story, she says is unbiblical. She just refuses to believe in a god that would build a torture chamber for people that didn't believe in it or who violated one of its commands.
can you show a rule from the Bible that says, all Shabbat breakers should be killed?
"The Jews believe that these sacred laws given to their prophet Moses on Mount Sinai had to be very strictly obeyed even though many of them attracted a death penalty by burning, stoning, drowning or strangulation for a very long list of moral or cultural practices." source

It's meaningless to quibble over the words on paper. They mean whatever people want them to mean, and the church hierarchies decide that for the adherents. This came up with the hellfire discussion to which I just alluded. She asked the same - "Show me the specific scripture that says ..." and when shown some, quibbled over how they could be understood instead. Irrelevant. What matters is what mainstream church doctrine is and teaches. If the priests and pastors are saying eternal conscious suffering for the damned, that's the doctrine for most. And if the rabbis said to stone those violating the Sabbath, that's what was believed was just and that's what happened whatever is written in the book.

Last edited:

MikeDwight

the eve of the Civil War, Christianity had pervaded the slave community. Not all slaves were Christian, nor were all those who accepted Christianity members of a church, but the doctrines, symbols, and vision of life preached by Christianity were familiar to most.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
you won't see any modern muslim claiming that lgbt or nudity is allowed in islam. they just claim that they personally believe it to be acceptable but they never claim it to be islamic. i don't see any greek of past accepting lgbt or nudity or feminism or whatever it's just newly invented thing that will fade away soon and we muslims are already taking over the west just look at france. Mehmed II was poisoned by his people probably because of being gay or whatever
Wait, you think "nudity," "lgbt," and "feminism" are "newly invented things" ... ???? Why?

I personally know several Muslims that don't have problems with those things. So there goes your claim.

MikeDwight

scholars have frequently tended to view this decreasing participation of the sultan in political life as evidence for "Ottoman decadence", which supposedly began at some time during the second half of the sixteenth century.

The word decadence, which at first meant simply "decline" in an abstract sense, is now most often used to refer to a perceived decay in standards, morals, dignity, religious faith, honour, discipline,…
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=f86b...i53aWtpcGVkaWEub3JnL3dpa2kvRGVjYWRlbmNl&ntb=1

The Decadent movement (Fr. décadence, "decay") was a late-19th-century artistic and literary movement, centered in Western Europe, that followed an aesthetic ideology of excess and artificiality.

The Decadent movement first flourished in France and then spread throughout Europe and to the United States.

Will the Dutch Protect their 'Decadence' from Islamic 'Redeemers'?

Use in Marxism[edit]​

Leninism[edit]​

According to Vladimir Lenin, capitalism had reached its highest stage and could no longer provide for the general development of society.

Left communism[edit]​

Decadence is an important aspect of contemporary left communist theory. Similar to Lenin's use of it, left communists, coming from the Communist International themselves started in fact with a theory of decadence in the first place

dec·a·dence
[ˈdekədns]

NOUN
  1. moral or cultural decline as characterized by excessive indulgence in pleasure or luxury:
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=6627...lRTIlODAlOUQlMjBjYW4lMjBiZSUyMHRyYWNlZA&ntb=1
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=dbae...lRTIlODAlOUQlMjBjYW4lMjBiZSUyMHRyYWNlZA&ntb=1

exchemist

Veteran Member
developed countries still have death sentences and what's barbaric about hanging a murderer? do you want him to walk free after 20 years or so? you have spent time in the middle east so you might have seen that their life in terms of happiness is better than those westerns so how do you think they live a better life without "essential western moralities" such as liberalism,feminism etc? aren't you guys supposed to be the happiest and most moral people on earth? why doesn't your ideas work practically? people will behave soft towards you in real life regardless of what laws they believe should be applied in the country
They don't lead a better life. That's why so many want to come to the West.

We have a massive problem with illegal migration in Europe, much of it from muslim countries. I am unaware of any significant migration in the reverse direction. Why do you think that is?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
developed countries still have death sentences and what's barbaric about hanging a murderer? do you want him to walk free after 20 years or so? you have spent time in the middle east so you might have seen that their life in terms of happiness is better than those westerns so how do you think they live a better life without "essential western moralities" such as liberalism,feminism etc? aren't you guys supposed to be the happiest and most moral people on earth? why doesn't your ideas work practically? people will behave soft towards you in real life regardless of what laws they believe should be applied in the country
As a woman, I reject your misogynistic views. I am very happy living here in the free country I live in where I'm not subjugated to the likes of people like you. Your version of morality is repulsive to me.