• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trump more dishonest than the mainstream media?

Who is more dishonest, Trump or the Mainstream Media?

• Trump

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Mainstream Media

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm going to be a hardcore "definition Nazi" and point out that "the media" encompasses not just news, but music, radio, movies, books, paintings, social media, anything that is a form of mass communication. Overall it probably is more dishonest than Trump, but to compare Trump to "the media" does technically ask if Trump is more dishonest than many things, including Game of Thrones.
That being said, Trump lies so much he is less dishonest that major cable news outlets (what "the media" has taken to mean in these times of mass ignorance).

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Did someone say.... Camelot?
serveimage
A great documentary!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
People who value integrity.

It's not that hard really to feign integrity. If the media agree with Trumps views, I suspect they'd go right along with it.

The ability to feign is actually more valuable to a politician than integrity itself. Most folks think they can't tell the difference between real integrity and false integrity. A good faker, trust me, you couldn't tell. Then there's those folks who actually do value integrity but have zero ability to give that perception. They could be 100% honest all the time and nobody would believe them.

I've sometimes felt if I valued integrity less, I'd be more successful. Actors, salesmen, lawyers, politicians all make a good living on their ability to feign integrity.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Well, I don't. It's all opinionated jargon, anyway.
There is indisputable bias in some reporting. But it's not "all" that - in some cases there is out and out lying which the right is trying to make a standard way of implementing a 1984-style dictatorship.

DavidFirth

There is indisputable bias in some reporting. But it's not "all" that - in some cases there is out and out lying which the right is trying to make a standard way of implementing a 1984-style dictatorship.

I don't see anyone trying to do that.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You can't really believe anything Trump says, so I would have to say that the MSM is slightly more believable. Sadly though, even they have had a credibility problem for quite awhile. But, I will agree, Trump is in a class all his own.
Reminds me of the previous administration.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump simply started the "fake news" craze to personally fight against everything he personally disagrees with; it's ironic how he doesn't refer to anything on Fox News as "fake news".

The only "fake news" comes from Trump himself.
Don't buy into the fake news.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
And here I was blaming the voters who weren't smart enough to think for themselves.

Well, yeah, I guess they can blamed as well. Although from what many have been saying lately, the voters are blameless, since they were apparently victims of Yuri's mind control ray.